Galactic Starcruiser Sailing

Well I guess after reading all these experiences, I should go buy a lottery ticket today, I opened the page at around 9 am, got in the queue as #15, took about 5 minutes and I was able to secure our spot for a cabin on the sailing, while in tandem on another open browser I was in the virtual queue for the Wine and Dine half and got the races I wanted as well with no issues. My luck for the year is probably spent lol.

I couldn’t believe I waited half the time for the W&D registration as I did for the DVC Starcruiser queue!

No call for me today, I was #15 in the queue and had no technical issues. I will try to remember to post when I get the call.
that makes me feel better! I was quite a ways behind you (#205) but I think I successfully registered. Maybe they aren't starting calling until tomorrow

Did anybody else notice that you could request a maximum of 4 guests in a room? The rooms can sleep up to 5. I can't think of any reason that they'd want to limit to 4 when it could be 5. I'm not holding my breath waiting for a callback, but I had to submit the request as 2 rooms when we really only want 1.

Did anybody else notice that you could request a maximum of 4 guests in a room? The rooms can sleep up to 5. I can't think of any reason that they'd want to limit to 4 when it could be 5. I'm not holding my breath waiting for a callback, but I had to submit the request as 2 rooms when we really only want 1.
Not all rooms can sleep 5. Because they're not assigning rooms through the Queue-It process they have to limit all to 4.

Interesting. No call for me yet. My successful queue number was around 220 or so.
I was probably around that number although I had so many issues I'm not quite sure what number I was in the end. They might not be calling in that order anyhow, may have just divided it up amongst various agents. Hope you get your call soon.

I received a call from DVC this morning; my queue number was around 250. They were able to get all 5 of us in a single room. I had to request 2 rooms on the webpage yesterday because when I entered 5 guests in a room, it threw an error saying the maximum was 4. This will save us some real $ vs 2 rooms, and let somebody else on the waitlist join the cruise.

I received a call from DVC this morning; my queue number was around 250. They were able to get all 5 of us in a single room. I had to request 2 rooms on the webpage yesterday because when I entered 5 guests in a room, it threw an error saying the maximum was 4. This will save us some real $ vs 2 rooms, and let somebody else on the waitlist join the cruise.

Now I'm getting paranoid about why I haven't been called yet... lol.

I got in immediately (never got a queue number), and no call yet. For those that received a call, was it a 407 area code?

I got in immediately (never got a queue number), and no call yet. For those that received a call, was it a 407 area code?
It was from the normal DVC member services number: 800-800-9800.

From the few reports here, maybe they're calling people in reverse order?

I may have given the cast member slightly inaccurate information. While on the call, I mentioned that I received an email with the charge. That was an email from my bank alerting me to the credit card charge, and it was not an email from Disney.

I got my call at 7:15pm ET, so all set - can’t wait! I’ve booked and cancelled the starcruiser twice since it launched as I just couldn’t bring myself to pay that much for it. But having now spoken to 2 different friends/co-workers who did it and loved it, this discount is enough to make me do it. Plus, as others have said, I also tend to think that this current version may not make it past this year.

Got my call this morning - I was told that they only had around 3 people working on this so it is probably taking them a while to get through everyone. I was also told that they will open up additional availability to people on the waitlist on the 31st

I finally got my call as well a few hours ago.

Of course by the time they got to me all the upgrades to suites were gone.

Interestingly, the rep told me that they were not offering the Captain’s Table upgrade dining experience at all on this sailing. That was a new wrinkle.

I finally got my call as well a few hours ago.

Of course by the time they got to me all the upgrades to suites were gone.

Interestingly, the rep told me that they were not offering the Captain’s Table upgrade dining experience at all on this sailing. That was a new wrinkle.
That surprises me! I asked about the suites when I paid for ours and was told that they were $3K per adult so a huge jump in price! At that time I considered myself lucky that the standard cabin was still available 😂 but I guess more people than I would have thought went for that upgrade!
I was sad about the Captain's Table too - also I was only given the option of 5:30 dining

That surprises me! I asked about the suites when I paid for ours and was told that they were $3K per adult so a huge jump in price! At that time I considered myself lucky that the standard cabin was still available 😂 but I guess more people than I would have thought went for that upgrade!
I was sad about the Captain's Table too - also I was only given the option of 5:30 dining
Oh I forgot all about the multiple dining times! My rep did not even mention it at all. Wonder what he entered for me.

Has anyone received follow up email confirmation yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter