Galactic Starcruiser Sailing

The successful registration did NOT collect payment, nor does it seem to guarantee an actual spot on the cruise.

Rather it says this:

Thank you for registering your interest to experience an unprecedented Disney Vacation Club Member Voyage of the immersive, 2-night Star Wars: Galatatic Starcruiser experience at Walt Disney World Resort, exploring a galaxy far far away from August 19- 21, 2023.

Next steps: You will receive a call from a Disney representative within 72 hours to collect payment and finalize registration. If you miss the initial call, please refer to your voicemail for callback instructions.

I believe the published lowest price for a family of 4 is around $6,000. If that's the baseline price for this deal then the overall price would be around $4,200. Not sure if they're starting from that "lowest price" though.

The published price for my family of 4 (one child < 10, one child > 10 so counting as an adult) ends up being $4438 - so my ballpark estimate was pretty close. If both kids were under 10 it would have been basically spot-on.

I was number 122 as I logged in at 1044am while sitting on the beach on Tortola, currently in port on the Disney Fantasy…. I was able to drop in my member number and confirm aft 11:22am and it went to a blank page and then it turned to “Used Queue Number” and asked me to jump back into the queue and had me at 675.

I was on the phone with DVC inquiring about space on the Members Cruise, I’ve been calling every two weeks since November (there has to be a better way!). I was told that everyone got that message and to wait in the queue as everyone got the blank screen… really? I don’t think so 🤦🏻‍♂️1679414732964.png

We just did the Starcruiser March 16-18 before boarding the Fantasy for the March 18th sailing.

For reference the Starcruiser for a family of 4 was $7320.43 for March 16-18.

I wish they would have had everyone who was interested register and then hold a lottery. That would have been fairer in mind then this system since it seems like some people who "won" with low numbers in the 50s aren't getting through and just getting a blank page. I'd rather have a fair system that takes longer than one the claims to be fair, but it dependent on wonky tech.

1213pm and the queue is now paused and it say they’re full. I do have screen shots of the whole process with the queue ID that didn’t work but DVC wasn’t helpful on the phone as they said nobody could register and just keep waiting…..

just keep swimming…
just keep waiting….
just keep waiting….

We are put on a wait list. My husband said that note is in his email even with the blank screen.
So I guess it took our member number at least.

I also chatted with member services online to report this issue, and they claimed that that their technical people said there were not any known issues, and that any problems with registration could be fixed by "clearing cookies" and restarting the browser, which is definitely not true.

I hope the next member cruise (DCL cruise, not starcruiser) registration is a little more reliable than this...

102pm, was my turn again and a blank screen again. 122 in the queue initially and led to a blank screen, 675 the second time and a blank screen again.

107pm, now it says registration closed at 105pm. There’s two hours of my life I’ll never get back.

I started in the queue with a 400+ number and was down to 120 by the time it filled. Then the wait was to join the waitlist. I think some people will cancel or not pay the deposit, but I think I’m still pretty far down the list (based on how long it took me to get from 120 to 0).

…but one of us is a total introvert and the other (me) just isn’t sure she wants to have to role play with strangers on her vacation, and our kids aren’t particularly outgoing either…

Yeah I'm pretty introverted myself but in this case I think I could get into it and have some fun with it.

I was impressed that they designed the interactive story in a way where both introverts and extroverts could get get involved in different ways. It was totally possible to just answer questions on your phone, do app-based missions, and observe the characters without really needing to interact in person heavily. You’d still get invited to do special missions and attend meetings.

I get why the pricing puts it out of reach for lots of folks, but I'm not actually sure Disney is really turning much profit at the current price. The price for the acting talent and all the support staff to enable them has to be astronomical. The demands placed on the performers over the two days are extremely high, I left my cruise pretty much in abject awe that they were able to do what they did.

I also felt like it would be hard to significantly reduce the price without reducing the experience. There are just so many moving pieces that come together for the story. The Imagineers did an amazing job… it’ll be a shame if Disney and other companies don’t take chances on these kinds of unique experiences because of this.

I started in the queue with a 400+ number and was down to 120 by the time it filled. Then the wait was to join the waitlist. I think some people will cancel or not pay the deposit, but I think I’m still pretty far down the list (based on how long it took me to get from 120 to 0).

I was impressed that they designed the interactive story in a way where both introverts and extroverts could get get involved in different ways. It was totally possible to just answer questions on your phone, do app-based missions, and observe the characters without really needing to interact in person heavily. You’d still get invited to do special missions and attend meetings.

I also felt like it would be hard to significantly reduce the price without reducing the experience. There are just so many moving pieces that come together for the story. The Imagineers did an amazing job… it’ll be a shame if Disney and other companies don’t take chances on these kinds of unique experiences because of this.

How do we know what the difference is between "waitlist" and "reserved"? The language in the form that I successfully filled out is a little ambiguous, but I have not seen a report from anyone here or anywhere else online that has said that they "booked" vs. "filled out the form to have disney call them back within 72 hours".

The form I filled out took in the full names and ages of my party, and my contact info.

Has anyone gotten the call for payment yet? I was originally number 205 in the queue, and like everyone else got the blank screen after putting in my member number. I refreshed and clicked "back" and resubmitted my number for about 3-5 minutes and then the blank screen went away and let me through to where I put in names and ages. I did get an email "confirmation" (they sure aren't taking any chances with people being able to say they are confirmed! my email just says thanks for expressing my interest and someone will call within 72 hours to collect payment), and I realize they said 72 hours, but I was just expecting the call to come a little faster - especially if they have a waitlist I would think they want to go ahead and weed out the people who aren't actually interested.
I did think it was super odd that there really wasn't any pricing information until after you filled out the form. I selected the option that I would be interested in upgrading my room (mostly because at #205 I didn't want to limit my chances!) but I would much rather have a standard room. I wonder how they are handling that!

I was enough on the fence about this one that I didn't bother trying, but it seems like both this and the Wine & Dine RunDisney registrations today were quite problematic. Though sadly that seems to be expected.

On the plus side, at least Disney knows there is enough interest at a discounted member weekend like this that they may consider listing it again.

yeah I hope it doesn't kill these types of projects in the future. I figured if GS took off it would only be a mater of time until Universal did one themed to Harry Potter, which could be amazing as well. Won't be seeing that any time soon, if ever sadly.

Well I guess after reading all these experiences, I should go buy a lottery ticket today, I opened the page at around 9 am, got in the queue as #15, took about 5 minutes and I was able to secure our spot for a cabin on the sailing, while in tandem on another open browser I was in the virtual queue for the Wine and Dine half and got the races I wanted as well with no issues. My luck for the year is probably spent lol.

Has anyone had a call today? Like others I had issues (as I posted earlier) and believe I got through and reserved but no call as of yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter