Galactic Starcruiser Sailing

I get why the pricing puts it out of reach for lots of folks, but I'm not actually sure Disney is really turning much profit at the current price. The price for the acting talent and all the support staff to enable them has to be astronomical. The demands placed on the performers over the two days are extremely high, I left my cruise pretty much in abject awe that they were able to do what they did.

I also get the trepidation from the "introverted". I'm definitely in that camp as well, and yes to get the max experience you do have to put yourself out there a bit more than you might initially be comfortable with. But it was totally worth it.

Edited to add: What I mean to say is, I don't think it's expensive because it's greedy, I think the nature of what they built is forcing it to be inherently expensive. Which means it could just be a tragic case of "amazing product with not enough market fit to be sustainable", rather than something that they can just easily fix by cutting the price.

Last edited:
I get why the pricing puts it out of reach for lots of folks, but I'm not actually sure Disney is really turning much profit at the current price. The price for the acting talent and all the support staff to enable them has to be astronomical. The demands placed on the performers over the two days are extremely high, I left my cruise pretty much in abject awe that they were able to do what they did.

I also get the trepidation from the "introverted". I'm definitely in that camp as well, and yes to get the max experience you do have to put yourself out there a bit more than you might initially be comfortable with. But it was totally worth it.

Edited to add: What I mean to say is, I don't think it's expensive because it's greedy, I think the nature of what they built is forcing it to be inherently expensive. Which means it could just be a tragic case of "amazing product with not enough market fit to be sustainable", rather than something that they can just easily fix by cutting the price.
Maybe Disney needs to rethink the profitability of something like this - that really it's not meant to be profitable on it's own, but maybe a "loss leader" for a profitable overall vacation? For instance, they tried this but it was completely backwards where they let you add on one night on property. Instead, they could say with a minimum 3 night deluxe stay on property - get 30% off the the StarCruise. That way overall Disney is turning a profit while they might be losing on the star cruse alone.

Maybe Disney needs to rethink the profitability of something like this - that really it's not meant to be profitable on it's own, but maybe a "loss leader" for a profitable overall vacation? For instance, they tried this but it was completely backwards where they let you add on one night on property. Instead, they could say with a minimum 3 night deluxe stay on property - get 30% off the the StarCruise. That way overall Disney is turning a profit while they might be losing on the star cruse alone.

If I had to make a guess as to what's going to happen in the medium term is that there will be days/evenings where they're not running a full performance where you'll be able to book a breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and then get to do the light saber training and bridge training. At least as a sort of interim measure.

I agree. I also don't think that this is outrageously expensive, since I am sure that costs are very high and it is a singular, unique experience.

However, I wouldn't consider doing it at any price, because, although I am a casual SW fan, I am both introverted and claustrophobic. I wouldn't consider staying there as a future "regular" hotel either, since the building appears to have almost no windows.

If they had a similar immersive experience but for, say, 6-8 hours in an outside location on Jakuu, for about $1500, then I would be all over it.

Looks like registration today is pretty popular. Over 500 people in the queue already.

I always seem to get bad numbers from the randomizer.
Since they went to this system I haven't gotten in to anything.
Prior to that I always got in.

Anyone else got through but having issues? I have a feeling it is because I am from the UK and didn't think to use a VPN as it probably redirects to the US site which is the reason why I am getting a blank page.

I got "it is your turn" but it hasn't actually redirected me to the site it just says I will be redirected "as soon as possible". They don't know what "it is your turn" actually means.

I put my member number in, hit submit and now I have a blank screen :(

Sadness. Maybe it’s full? I was number 144

I guess we’ll be kicked out after 5 minutes of inactivity. Sigh. Was to be a surprise for my husband’s 55rh birthday

I put my member number in, hit submit and now I have a blank screen :(

Sadness. Maybe it’s full? I was number 144

Yep, now same thing for me. Blank screen on submission. Really bad job by Disney IT yet again.
Same thing as what happened to me. Assumed it was because I was in the UK. I was number 50 so don't think it was full when I got in. Probably Disney IT. :(

The queue page now says the line is "paused" and says "limited inventory remaining please stand by".

Who knows how many people got the blank page, but it's super frustrating.

Same thing as what happened to me. Assumed it was because I was in the UK. I was number 50 so don't think it was full when I got in. Probably Disney IT. :(
Yeah Inventory should not have been gone by number 50.

Sounds like a big mess-up.

Quick note - I had a second browser open with a lower queue number that just got through - and this time it worked.

Super annoyed/upset for everyone that got hit with the blank screen :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter