GAD max has been reached!! Sign-ups are no longer available!

Jetku

DIS Veteran
The overwhelming support we received for the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program has helped us reach our goal of inspiring one million people to volunteer a day of service to their communities. The program has now ended. Although you can no longer register and sign up for volunteer opportunities on this site to earn a free Disney Theme Park ticket, you can still continue to give back to your community by locating and signing up for volunteer opportunities through HandsOn Network.

Whether you're recognizing the spirit of volunteerism or a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary, only one question remains,
What Will You Celebrate?

such a great promotion... I hope they run this annually!

Our volunteer opportunity is this Satuday and we just received the confirmation by email today. We're still able to complete the service and get our vouchers right?

such a great promotion... I hope they run this annually!

*standing ovation* for all those that volunteered.

Less then 3 months in, and already 1,000,000 people.

As Dennis Miller would (probably) say...

1,000,000 people!!! I don't know if you could possibly fathom that number, so let me put it into perspective.
If there was only 1 person volunteering, he would have to put in 1,000,000 days.

:rotfl2:

Our volunteer opportunity is this Satuday and we just received the confirmation by email today. We're still able to complete the service and get our vouchers right?

Yes - this is from the FAQ page:

I already completed my sign up at DisneyParks.com and have committed to complete a volunteer activity through this site within the next 60 days. Will I still be able to receive a voucher for a free ticket to a U.S. Disney Theme Park?

Yes. If you already completed the signup process, including entering a specific day and time to volunteer, you will still be able to participate in the program. Once you complete your service, and your service has been verified, you can print a voucher for a free ticket. Please allow 2 weeks after your volunteer service to be verified for your voucher to be available at disneyparks.com. You can check the status of your verification by logging in to Manage My Account.

Since I am a participating organization, here is the e-mail that just came to me tonight:

HandsOn Network partners,

Today we are announcing that an astounding one million people are making an impact on their local communities by committing to volunteering through the Give A Day. Get A Disney Day. program. The goal of inspiring one million people to serve was reached quickly. Thank you for your tremendous spirit, dedication and passion for civic change, and for helping make this program such an overwhelming success.

What this means to participating organizations:
One million volunteers have either committed to volunteer or completed their service.
If you have opportunities in the system that volunteers signed up for prior to the end of the program, please continue to conduct these events and manage and verify volunteers' service through the Volunteer Opportunity Portal ("VOP").
NOTE: Even though the program has ended, individuals who have already signed up and officially committed to a specific activity through disneyparks.com before the program ended are still eligible for their voucher for a free Disney theme park ticket once their qualified volunteer service has been verified.
Volunteers can no longer search or sign up for new opportunities through www.DisneyParks.com. Organizations can no longer enter new opportunities into the system on the VOP.
If a volunteer cancels or does not appear for the opportunity they signed up for, that volunteer will no longer be eligible for a voucher for a theme park ticket nor will they be able to search and sign-up for an alternative opportunity to qualify for a voucher. Your organization will not need to accommodate these volunteers with any other activities.
Instructions for how to manage volunteers and verify service in the case of a project cancellation or rescheduling will be posted at http://answers.handsonnetwork.org, under "Latest Updates" (on the right-hand side of the page). Organizations needing to reschedule a changed or cancelled project must notify registered Give A Day. Get A Disney Day. volunteers within five days. Rescheduled projects must occur within 30 days of the original event date.

Though the Give A Day. Get A Disney Day. program has come to an end and no additional free theme park tickets will be made available through this program, HandsOn Network can continue to connect you with volunteers in your area and resources for helping achieve your organizational mission, year round. See the section below entitled, "Connecting Organizations with Volunteers."

Full email received by organizations (I made the text bold red on the most relevant part):
Hope that helps!

Ending the Give A Day. Get A Disney Day. Program

HandsOn Network partners,

Today we are announcing that an astounding one million people are making an impact on their local communities by committing to volunteering through the Give A Day. Get A Disney Day. program. The goal of inspiring one million people to serve was reached quickly. Thank you for your tremendous spirit, dedication and passion for civic change, and for helping make this program such an overwhelming success.

What this means to participating organizations:

* One million volunteers have either committed to volunteer or completed their service.
* If you have opportunities in the system that volunteers signed up for prior to the end of the program, please continue to conduct these events and manage and verify volunteers' service through the Volunteer Opportunity Portal ("VOP").
NOTE: Even though the program has ended, individuals who have already signed up and officially committed to a specific activity through disneyparks.com before the program ended are still eligible for their voucher for a free Disney theme park ticket once their qualified volunteer service has been verified.
* Volunteers can no longer search or sign up for new opportunities through www.DisneyParks.com. Organizations can no longer enter new opportunities into the system on the VOP.
* If a volunteer cancels or does not appear for the opportunity they signed up for, that volunteer will no longer be eligible for a voucher for a theme park ticket nor will they be able to search and sign-up for an alternative opportunity to qualify for a voucher. Your organization will not need to accommodate these volunteers with any other activities.
* Instructions for how to manage volunteers and verify service in the case of a project cancellation or rescheduling will be posted at http://answers.handsonnetwork.org, under "Latest Updates" (on the right-hand side of the page). Organizations needing to reschedule a changed or cancelled project must notify registered Give A Day. Get A Disney Day. volunteers within five days. Rescheduled projects must occur within 30 days of the original event date.

Though the Give A Day. Get A Disney Day. program has come to an end and no additional free theme park tickets will be made available through this program, HandsOn Network can continue to connect you with volunteers in your area and resources for helping achieve your organizational mission, year round. See the section below entitled, "Connecting Organizations with Volunteers."

The innovative nature of this program exponentially increased organizations' capacity to both invite and excite people about volunteerism. Many volunteers served for the first time, beginning what we hope will be a life-long service journey. We look forward to organizations carrying on the momentum of this program, reconnecting with volunteers, and accomplishing even more in your communities this year.
Connecting Organizations with Volunteers

HandsOn Network is the largest nonprofit network in the U.S. Our "network" is comprised of more than 250 Action Centers in communities across the country and 11 international locations. Through their connections with 70,000 local nonprofit organizations, we reach 83 percent of the population, facilitating more than 30,000 projects a month. HandsOn Action Centers - also known as "Affiliates", "Volunteer Centers" or "Cares" organizations - are the engine through which HandsOn Network connects thousands of volunteers to meaningful service opportunities.

Action Centers implement programming in a wide variety of ways, shaping their work according to the assets and needs of their local communities. They work on a "community-wide" basis across various issues to develop high-impact volunteer programming. Through building relationships with nonprofit, school, faith-based, corporate partners and others, affiliates play a critical role in leveraging volunteer power to the fullest effect.

Your local HandsOn Network Action Center can connect you with volunteers in your community, provide project management assistance, as well as volunteer retention and recognition programs, and a variety of other resources and expertise. To find the Action Center nearest you, click here (hyperlink to http://www.handsonnetwork.org/actioncenters/map).

HandsOn Network Action Centers that use either or HandsOn Tech technologies make opportunities posted with them searchable in the national search at www.HandsOnNetwork.org.
Questions

* Organizations - Go to http://answers.handsonnetwork.org to ask questions, review frequently asked questions, and connect with customer and tech support.
* Volunteers - Volunteers can go to www.DisneyParks.com for a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions about the Give A Day. Get A Disney Day. program.

* If a volunteer cancels or does not appear for the opportunity they signed up for, that volunteer will no longer be eligible for a voucher for a theme park ticket nor will they be able to search and sign-up for an alternative opportunity to qualify for a voucher. Your organization will not need to accommodate these volunteers with any other activities.

It seemed important to point this one out as well. You CANNOT make up a missed date. If a particular opportunity is canceled for some reason, the organization can reschedule it within 30 days.

Wow! That's amazing. I actually thought they would not stop once they reached 1 million just because PR wise it seems like they would want to brag about how many people they got to volunteer. Well, I hope people continue to volunteer. Thanks for the update. :goodvibes

Nice to know there is that much good out there. Congrats to everyone who participated.

darn I'm going to cry :sad1: we had volunteered for something where we had to collect stuff and then an official volunteer date was going to be given after our collection was finished, so not officially in the system, darn darn, I would have so signed up for something else if I knew that was going to happen so soon, I was so counting on those special fast passes since I'll be pushing around a 2 yr old every day sigh

Wow, we just signed up this morning!! Guess we got in just under the wire!! :)

I signed up today for the USO Story Time from the Front Lines. I got a confirmation email and the VOP portal showed that I needed to complete by March 21. I just logged in again to double check everything and it's now saying a volunteer opportunity is not yet selected. I have the confirmation email. Am I in or not? Who should I contact?

I signed up today for the USO Story Time from the Front Lines. I got a confirmation email and the VOP portal showed that I needed to complete by March 21. I just logged in again to double check everything and it's now saying a volunteer opportunity is not yet selected. I have the confirmation email. Am I in or not? Who should I contact?

Try here: Request for Assistance

I'm in but I do have to say that it really stinks that they are really cutting it off here - I mean what about people that were planning trips in the fall or winter, I'm sure they were planning to volunteer closer to their trips! I know I would if I were traveling at that time. Luckily we got ourselves registered this past weekend!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter