Gaah! What is the deal with the 7 night dress code???

rundogrun

Mouseketeer
Every search I do on dress code turns up something different.

Can anyone confirm what is the current dress code on the Magic? From my docs I see a formal night, a tropical night and casual on all the others with a jacket for Lumieres.

Is there a semi-formal night? Are jackets no longer required in Lumieres?

Thanks for the help on what I'm sure is a topic that's been posted to death!

I'm having the same problem. I have a semi-formal night listed on the Disney cruise site and according to the rep. I spoke to. If things haven't changed for the Western route, the formal night is on the first day at sea and the semi-formal is on the second. I'm not sure what days for the Eastern route.

Anyone been on recently that has the actual details?

Originally posted by rundogrun
Every search I do on dress code turns up something different.

Can anyone confirm what is the current dress code on the Magic? From my docs I see a formal night, a tropical night and casual on all the others with a jacket for Lumieres.

Is there a semi-formal night? Are jackets no longer required in Lumieres?

Thanks for the help on what I'm sure is a topic that's been posted to death!

We went in May (Eastern)... we had formal, semi-formal and tropical nights. We only ate at Lumieres once. I don't think DH wore a jacket. Wow... I can't remember, but I wore a skirt and sweater. We ate at Palo on formal night. We never wore shorts to dinner... not even on tropical night. The other nights I think I wore capris and linen capri overalls. I think I'm losing my mind. I can't remember anything today!! I hope this helps at least a little... LOL!!

We were on the 7/19 Magic Western cruise. Formal night was Monday night (first full day at sea) and semi-formal night was Thursday (second night at sea). Captain's Gala cocktail party was Monday night, but the Captain's Gala menu was served Thursday night. All other nights were casual, including Lumiere's--no different dress code for Lumiere's.

BTW, the dress code explicitly asks for no shorts or jeans at anytime in the sitdown restaurants (even on Mexicali night).

Ok...so it looks like there's a formal and semiformal night. The rest are casual, with one tropical theme. No jacket for Lumieres.

Sheesh...you'd think DCL would update their "What to Pack" info. Says nothing at all about "semi-formal".

Ah the ever popular "Dress Code" :teeth:
You'll get more opinions and suggestions than you'll ever know what to do with.
One person's feelings about adhering to D.C.L.'s suggestions are another's feeling that I'm paying big bucks and will wear what I want.
This topic is right up there with "How much I should tip, and I always give more than suggested" ;)
D.C.L. has suggestions. After that its what you're comfortable with and whether you want to experience the wrath of those that disagree.
Cheers,
Grumbo

We've always worn shorts (or I should say the guys) to Tropical night and were in the majority. It's my understanding it has changed since we last cruised. I will just wait and see what our Navigator says and if it says no shorts then my DH will wear dockers. No big deal.

Shorts at dinner on Mexicali were in the minimum. The Navigator for the 7 day states - CASUAL WEAR, NO SHORTS OR JEANS. We were on the July 19th cruise so that is a latest update unless someone from the 26th can tell you. We were Western and perhaps there is a difference with Western and Eastern. People did wear shorts to the theater before the late seating but then were in casual - no shorts - clothes for dinner. People also went and changed for the Deck Party into shorts - myself included because I was so hot from being in capri's for dinner.

We saw very few jackets at dinner at Lumiere's but we did have that as our first meal seating. The only night I pretty much saw jackets worn were on the formal and semi-formal. I also thought the dining rooms were warm so that could have attributed to some of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter