GA Pass Question

ducklite

<font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>
I have asthma which is triggered by exposure to heat and humidity. It has gotten progressively worse over the years, I now take Advair (the strongest dose) and Singulair as well as use a rescue inhaler.

I'm fine at WDW in the cooler months, and would certainly never ask for a GA Pass then.

But in the hotter summer months I'm no longer able to enjoy the parks like I once did, because I simply can't stay in the sun and heat without having an attack.

What would help me immensely is to have a shaded and preferably air conditioned place to wait for the rides. I wouldn't dream of getting on any sooner than the rest of my party--I'd send DH and DS into the regular queue and wait for them to get through the line like everyone else. I this something the GA Pass could help me with?

Over the past couple of years, the WDW EMT's and I have become acquainted due to my asthma. I'm sure they'd be happy if I could somehow be accomodated so they didn't have to visit with me :)

Would I qualify for a GA Pass based on this? How would I ask? Like I said, I certainly don't want to cut the line, and am happy to wait as long as I have a place I can do so without having an asthma attack.

Advice please?

Anne

Anne,

I'm not sure I can give you an exact answer, but we have used a GAC a couple of times for our special needs son. I know that there are several different types of stamps that they put on a GAC, and I think one of them may have something to do with a sensitivity to standing in the sun. What I would do is just go to Guest Relations at whichever theme park you go to on the first day, and explain your situation to them. You may want to even consider having your doctor write a not as well, just to be on the safe side. (We never bring a note for our son because he "looks" special needs, and they can figure out pretty quick that he's legit.) Anyway, they might be able to give you one of these, and it sounds like it definitely would improve your enjoyment of the vacation. And like you said, it's not like your trying to cut in line or anything, you just want to be able to breathe! (I can relate, I had asthma as a kid - it's not a great feeling!!!)

By the way, if you do end up getting a GAC, it will be good for your entire length of stay at all 4 parks, so you don't have to go through the same routine every morning.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Brian. That's what I was hoping to hear. I wouldn't need it in the evenings or early mornings, it's just that 1:0pm to 4:00pm time frame when I have problems. If it's cloudy or raining, I'm generally fine. The last time I had a bad asthma attack triggered by the heat and sun, I was down to 10% lung capacity. Not a good thing at all. That's what I'm trying to avoid.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter