G+ at AK and EP??

uandmfan

Mouseketeer
Hi all

Anyone with recent opinions as to whether we should buy G+ for EP and AK? I see a lot of disagreement about this...

We are going Jan 26-Feb 2. Jan 26 is our AK day. We have EE and plan to RD and buy an ILL for Avatar. The kids love EE and Safari and we'd also like to do Dinosaur and Na'vi.

Jan 30 is our EP day. We have access to EE and plan to RD from the non-international gateway entrance. We will buy an ILL for Guardians. We definitely want to do Remy, TT and Soarin. We plan to stay through the fireworks.

We have a baby with us and we would rather not stand in huge lines.

There are 5 of us. I guess, do you think we will feel like it was a waste of money? Or will we save time and get to do other things so it will feel like a benefit? I realize this is subjective.

We were last there with FP+ and made really good use of that so I'm kind of torn. Will definitely get for MK and HS.

Last edited:
Hi all

Anyone with recent opinions as to whether we should buy G+ for EP and AK? I see a lot of disagreement about this...

We are going Jan 26-Feb 2. Jan 26 is our AK day. We have EE and plan to RD and buy an ILL for Avatar. The kids love EE and Safari and we'd also like to do Dinosaur and Na'vi.

Jan 30 is our EP day. We have access to EE and plan to RD from the non-international gateway entrance. We will buy an ILL for Tron. We definitely want to do Remy, TT and Soarin. We plan to stay through the fireworks.

We have a baby with us and we would rather not stand in huge lines.

There are 5 of us. I guess, do you think we will feel like it was a waste of money? Or will we save time and get to do other things so it will feel like a benefit? I realize this is subjective.

We were last there with FP+ and made really good use of that so I'm kind of torn. Will definitely get for MK and HS.
First off, you list Tron like it is in Epcot. I think you must mean Guardians there.

AK for us is one where if you buy ILLs for Avatar, rope drop the safari and get in line early for Lion King you can catch the rest of the rides fairly easily. I wouldn't buy G+ there.

At Epcot, if you buy Guardians then I would try and use the international gateway (take early bus or park at Studios and ride gondolas over to Epcot) to rope drop Remy then head to Test track and then on to Soarin. Since they added the third screen there, the waits aren't too bad.

We just found out that we needed G+ at Studios and Magic Kingdom, Buy Ills for Tron, Avatar and guardians.

I've found Genie + to be the least helpful at both of those parks.
We have used Genie + at AK a few times when it is really crowded, but most times, not helpful. If we RD either Frozen or Remi, have not found a reason to use Genie + at EPCOT.
Genie+ at MK and HS can really be helpful.
Using ILL$ often removes the need for genie + in 2 of the parks.

In my opinion, it's more helpful at Epcot than AK. At AK if you're willing to buy the ILL for FoP and get there for early entry, you should be just fine. You could either to Navi at early entry (probably twice if you wanted) and then get in line for the Safari a bit before the park officially opens and not wait long. EE and Dinosaur waits are usually low early in the day. Alternatively you could probably do Dinosaur and a couple of turns on EE (as long as both are open and functioning) and be ready to hop on the Safari but you'll definitely be in a line for Navi.

If you're planning on taking a midday break, we had a lot of success with short lines at AK in the last hour or two before the park closes, as well. Very short waits for EE and Dinosaur, and short waits for Navi with a hop into the FoP line about 5 minutes before park closing- we ended up waiting maybe 15 minutes?

We did buy Genie+ for AK and it was helpful since we were there in August and it was over 100 degrees but it was definitely the park we needed it least at. Personally I'd probably buy it for Epcot since several rides there quickly build waits but it's definitely second in line in terms of doing without! :)

Personally we have never found it's worth the cost at AK. At Epcot it may be more beneficial but honestly, it would pretty much only be for a ride or 2 then often the more popular attractions are full for the day. If you have it you can secure a different, less popular attraction then try to modify it for something else. That's a possibility but for us we don't find it's worth the cost of G+ to purchase it for Epcot or AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter