FYI: Upcoming Shows & Hurricane Matthew

In KS we have tornadoes but I will say something for hurricanes..the fact that you would be stuck hunkered down for long time is way different than praying your basement walls (if you have them) hold up during the shorter time a tornado is of a threat to you.

It's like snow storms too. We've had a few that were big ones but we're talking being stuck for a day to two days inside your house due to inability to get plowed out and the worst I experienced was in mid-90s where my mom lost power for over 7 days due to a bad ice storm (we went to a hotel room and the rest of the time my sister and I went to my dad's house which still had power).

Please be safe everyone :grouphug:

Stay safe everyone! I'm originally from the CT coastline and have been through hurricanes there, but I was in Orlando for Charley in 2004. Our flight was one of the last ones in before they closed MCO. The aftermath of Charley was pretty tremendous, we had to drive around the area the next day.

Hey all I am unfortunately riding this storm out at Beach Club. I was in Epcot till closing and was surprised with all the prep work disney has done. 90% of the Food and Wine booths were taken backstage and almost all the loose signs that were on the booths that were left on-stage were taken down. There were temporary signage for the booths that were still open for guests to see. In general the parks were running on skeleton crew in most attractions as far as I could tell. All the resort CMs are upbeat and I can gladly say with smiles on their faces. this will be a very interesting 48 hours.

I'll keep posting updates on what I notice over the next few days.

Stay safe everyone! I'm originally from the CT coastline and have been through hurricanes there, but I was in Orlando for Charley in 2004. Our flight was one of the last ones in before they closed MCO. The aftermath of Charley was pretty tremendous, we had to drive around the area the next day.
@Gorechick Originally from the Greenwich/Byram CT area here! :)

Prayers for everyone in the storm's path! If there's anything the rest of us can do, let us know!
Hey all I am unfortunately riding this storm out at Beach Club. I was in Epcot till closing and was surprised with all the prep work disney has done. 90% of the Food and Wine booths were taken backstage and almost all the loose signs that were on the booths that were left on-stage were taken down. There were temporary signage for the booths that were still open for guests to see. In general the parks were running on skeleton crew in most attractions as far as I could tell. All the resort CMs are upbeat and I can gladly say with smiles on their faces. this will be a very interesting 48 hours.

I'll keep posting updates on what I notice over the next few days.

Would LOVE updates. Thanks! What's it like now? What are your plans for tonight?

I hope everyone stays safe. I do think Disney should take into consideration the safety of cast members too. If Orange County is asking people to be off the roads by 5 and parks closing around that time. It doesn't give the cast members time to get home safely and pick up any last minute prep items that might be needed. I think at that point if I were working I'd stay put and ride out the storm on property.

Would LOVE updates. Thanks! What's it like now? What are your plans for tonight?
Disney has basically asked the guests to stay in the resort buildings during the height of the storm tonight and tomorrow. For those of us in the deluxe resorts like Beach Club and contemporary and etc., its fine but those at the value resorts and ones like port orleans where the rooms open out to open hall ways it is not going to be easy for them. right now the winds are getting a bit gusty but the rain is still light.

Disney has basically asked the guests to stay in the resort buildings during the height of the storm tonight and tomorrow. For those of us in the deluxe resorts like Beach Club and contemporary and etc., its fine but those at the value resorts and ones like port orleans where the rooms open out to open hall ways it is not going to be easy for them. right now the winds are getting a bit gusty but the rain is still light.

Anything fun planned at the Beach Club to entertain guests? What's the food situation like? Are you getting "boxed meals"? I bet Cape May is packed beyond belief.

Am I a weirdo I am waiting for an update on poor Abigail?!
How scary a hurricane must be for pets!
Yes, I keep hearing about pet shelters being full and that breaks my heart! Yes, people are more valuable, yada yada yada, but pets don't understand what's going on and so I have a special kind of sympathy for them.

Stay safe, everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter