FYI: Upcoming Shows & Hurricane Matthew

Disney parks will close at 5PM and remain closed tomorrow.
They should close earlier. Honestly, I love Disney (and Universal) but Orange County just said everyone off the streets by 5 and indoors by 6 at the latest. How long will it take them to clear the parks, and buses/monorail?
And why did it take until 11 to call it? They knew it was going to be nasty enough yesterday (last night was 30+ mph gusts for tonight and 70 mph sustained for Friday) to call off tonight's hours and tomorrow. Same for Universal.

They should close earlier. Honestly, I love Disney (and Universal) but Orange County just said everyone off the streets by 5 and indoors by 6 at the latest. How long will it take them to clear the parks, and buses/monorail?
And why did it take until 11 to call it? They knew it was going to be nasty enough yesterday (last night was 30+ mph gusts for tonight and 70 mph sustained for Friday) to call off tonight's hours and tomorrow. Same for Universal.
I believe they were waiting for the 11am weather update to make the final call.

I can attest for ODV (The people selling ice creams/sodas at carts) that it routinely would be 45 minutes to an hour, sometimes even more, after the parks closed before we were actually done with inventory, restocking, and pushing the carts back out. Same goes with people in merchandise and other dining locations.

Hopefully Disney has taken these groups into account and allow them to start closing early.

According to the news here they still haven't officially called a thing but the Halloween party. Universal is closing at 5, which is when Orange County is asking people to be home.
What's worse is that it can still push inland and come closer.

According to the news here they still haven't officially called a thing but the Halloween party. Universal is closing at 5, which is when Orange County is asking people to be home.
What's worse is that it can still push inland and come closer.
CMs are being told in waves it seems. AK and Epcot CMs are reporting the closure.

Yea for the CMs! Boo for the normal public who are silly enough to go out with their kids who are out of school, like my neighbours. It's still not on the news or the app or website, and it should be- that's what I'm upset about. Be responsible with people and call it all ready.

So what happens when the parks close? Can you go to other resorts or do you have to stay in yours? I could spend a day at the AKL or the Poly or the Grand.

So what happens when the parks close? Can you go to other resorts or do you have to stay in yours? I could spend a day at the AKL or the Poly or the Grand.

If you have an exterior facing door (All values besides AoA, moderates, OKW, Saratoga, etc.), you will be asked to remain in your rooms for the brunt of the storm. If you are staying at a one building resort like most of the deluxe resorts, you would be able to leave your room and wander, but only indoors.

Transportation will also be cut between resorts, and services like Uber likely won't be running

If you have an exterior facing door (All values besides AoA, moderates, OKW, Saratoga, etc.), you will be asked to remain in your rooms for the brunt of the storm. If you are staying at a one building resort like most of the deluxe resorts, you would be able to leave your room and wander, but only indoors.

Transportation will also be cut between resorts, and services like Uber likely won't be running
Yeah I would just go to your resort and wait no reason to be out and about.

Thanks Mike. I'm sure the cast members are working their butts off to make sure everyone has a good time tonight and tomorrow, but what are you supposed to do when stuck in your room?

Thanks Mike. I'm sure the cast members are working their butts off to make sure everyone has a good time tonight and tomorrow, but what are you supposed to do when stuck in your room?
Watch TV is there is power, play cards, sleep, etc.

Haha yeah I guess you're right. I've heard they play Disney movies and provide food?
Disney will provide food if needed. Like Mike said if you an exterior door there will be times when you can't leave your room. So don't go looking for food during that time.

We are checking in at Polynesian on Sunday. We were planning to drive down Saturday evening into night. :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter