FYI, reciprocity of parking placards

cupcake

Mouseketeer
I just got my new parking hang tag (Illinois). The accompanying leaflet says all 50 states recognize hang tags issued by other states. There's also a chart for what they call "other jurisdictions." Alberta, Manitoba, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario & Puerto Rico recognize U.S. hang tags. The rest of the places on the list say to call local officials for recognition.

Just thought that was interesting!

Update on my new dr (homeopathic massage therapy, have been going for about 3 months). I am much better! Every week, he pushes up a bone in the middle of my foot that is being moved by the bad floating bone and causing problems. It seems to stay pretty well for the week and I can hardly even feel my feet for a good 1 1/2 hours of walking!!! Well worth the $$$.

:wave: Cupcake

But you will notice that The District of Columbia is not on the list. Although all the states will accept theirs, they do not accept those of other states. Just ask the people who commute from the Maryland and Virginia suburbs!

Originally posted by Cheshire Figment
But you will notice that The District of Columbia is not on the list. Although all the states will accept theirs, they do not accept those of other states. Just ask the people who commute from the Maryland and Virginia suburbs!

There was a story on one of the news programs about that. As I recall it has something to do with the lack of parking in DC. I will have to do a search.

We've visited Orlando 6 times in the past 6 years and have had no problems or questions asked using my mother's UK issued parking permit.

Iain::MickeyMo

I find it hard to believe that the district of cloumbia could do that since handicapped rules for placards are a national standard now and not a state one like it used to be.:confused: :confused: :confused:

From what I remember reading about this subject and other laws, it has to do with DC not being a state. They don't have to follow the rules that the states do or even follow federal laws. They are sort of an entity by themselves.

funny how our lawmakers said that the 50 states have to have one common standard for handicapped pacards but not in the city that they make the law from. Good politics if you ask me.

the residents of DC also have other weird things to deal with, like not having senate representation, etc. i get that the capital is special so that no one state is favored, but not honoring HC parking permits from other states is baffling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter