FYI-RCCL price drop

I second that and add that you can get the refund even after the PIF date, My PIF date was about 5 weeks ago and I received a refund this weekend after calling re: the price drop. My CC will be credited which will more than cover my inboard spend :)

When is your cruise? I was told by RCCL that they do not refund after their PIF date--but they did give us a 2 category upgrade--which is fine by me. :)

I second that and add that you can get the refund even after the PIF date, My PIF date was about 5 weeks ago and I received a refund this weekend after calling re: the price drop. My CC will be credited which will more than cover my inboard spend :)

There may be different rules for those in the UK. In the US, after final payment - all you can do is upgrade.

When is your cruise? I was told by RCCL that they do not refund after their PIF date--but they did give us a 2 category upgrade--which is fine by me. :)
23rd May on AOS
There may be different rules for those in the UK. In the US, after final payment - all you can do is upgrade.
AFAIK they just converted the currency. When booking I spoke to a US rep in a US call centre as I did when I got a refund and he mumbled something about "when the price difference is over so much, we give a refund". If it is something to do with the US/UK divide though, apologies for causing any confusion :)

I believe you would get a refund of the price difference, even if paid in full, as long as it was before the paid-in-full date.

We have 3 cabins on Allure of the Seas in October. Two of them have been PIF for months and we have adjusted fares downward at least twice on both of them since we PIF.

Thanks guys I learned something new today I didn't think you could adjust a fare if the cruise was paid in full. Do they refund you or give you obc?

Thanks guys I learned something new today I didn't think you could adjust a fare if the cruise was paid in full. Do they refund you or give you obc?

Different people have had different experiences with this. My DD and I were given a 2 category upgrade for our June 2014 cruise. Others have posted that they received an OBC. Either way--it's worth a phone call. :)

Different people have had different experiences with this. My DD and I were given a 2 category upgrade for our June 2014 cruise. Others have posted that they received an OBC. Either way--it's worth a phone call. :)

I think it depends on when the price drops occurs. Our cruise is October 19, final payment date is August 5th, and we have been paid in full for months. Just today my TA had a price drop processed and we are receiving a refund of $164. :)

We have 3 cabins on Allure of the Seas in October. Two of them have been PIF for months and we have adjusted fares downward at least twice on both of them since we PIF.

I have booked through Costco. How does the price get adjusted? Does it happen automatically or do you have to keep checking & call.

Thanks

I have booked through Costco. How does the price get adjusted? Does it happen automatically or do you have to keep checking & call.

Thanks

No, it's not automatic. You need to keep checking and if you find a decrease call your TA right away as they are the ones who need to request the adjustment.

There is a buy one get one half off (BOGOHO) on right now. I saved over $400 on my 14-night Transatlantic from Southampton in November and almost $300 and upgraded two categories on the four-night cruise to France and Belgium just before the TA. It was the second reduction for my transatlantic, and they were very happy to give me the price reduction.

Beth

I have not had much luck with anything after final payment. Seems every time I see a price drop, they tell me it's for new bookings only, which I understand, but they wouldn't even let me upgrade my cabin for the same price. I'm kind of disgusted with them, because it seems like their policy depends on what agent you talk to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter