• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FYI- Photopass System Outage

Old site is down now too. :(
I just got back and want to look at my pictures. I am going thru vacation withdrawals.

I finally just got back into MDE PP website and now I have photos missing. Originals and edited photos of our last day at EPCOT are no longer there.

This is getting ridiculous.

Ugh the new site was back up last night and I could pull up my photos, but this morning when I try to log in it tells me it does not recognize my account! Guess I'll try again later and call them if it still won't pull up.

This gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling since our PP+ package arrived yesterday in the mail. :headache:

Wow, I have never been so disappointed in the PhotoPass system. Incorrect pictures, and entire days worth of pictures missing resulting in me submitting multiple lost photo forms. Editing pictures, and I don't have the option of adding a Hollywood Studios frame to any of the pictures except the ones of us on the speeder bike near Star Tours, which of course I am using a Star Wars frame for. Now I can't add the cd to the cart, on chrome browser it just hangs on a blank page, and on IE I get a page can not be displayed error after selecting add to cart. So glad I pre-paid for something but can't get it. Not exactly a magical experience.

I am really annoyed - on the old site we have 468 photos and on the new 355. We have no edits so the only explanation for the discrepancy is the old vs new sites. I'd just order our photo cd from the old site but there's no "magic" in the magic pictures.

I just emailed disney with see what the issue is but I am really, really annoyed. I want my photo CD!!! I hope they can migrate the photos over.

I'm so sad:/ to start with they lost five days of our trip so they had to extend my time. Lucky me the extension ended Monday when I couldn't get on all weekend because the site was glitchy then down entirely.

They get it back up in time for me to order my disc last night and the same days are missing again! Plus all my edits I made since they found them the first time:;( mine were on the new site to start with so idk why they'd disappear.

So upset especially about the etwb shots when dd was beast. Priceless looks on her face and since you can't use flash I just relied on photo pass.

I've sent multiple emails all weekend still no reply and after an hour on hold today still can't get through online. It just really sucks.

I just wished that Disney would get their act together and finally get a fully functioning PhotoPass website :rolleyes1

That doesn't crash every time you attempt to save a change or take 3 minutes to save and then kick you out....

Really hope they are fixing the inability to edit/add borders with any efficiency!

At this point, I just want to get my pictures and get out of there. I don't need any of the borders, etc. Is there really any benefit to saving pics various sizes? I know that when they print out they can be wonky, but I'd think that it's something you can fix in Photoshop or whatnot. Or am I wrong? I'm tempted to just download all of them in 4x6 format (the least cropped version) and hope for the best.

jtowntoflorida,

The save ratio makes the most difference when you use borders. Yes, the crop is different for a 4x6, a 5x7, and an 8x10, but if the important elements of the picture (faces, for example) are near the center of the frame, it probably won't make much difference (relative to not having the pictures at all) when you print in a different ratio. But if you add a border as a 4x6 and then print as a 5x7 (for example), the border draws attention to the edge of the frame. When the ratio is changed, you'll lose more at the top/bottom than the sides (or vice versa) and the crop will be really obvious.

That's correct. 14 days for the web site, 3 days for a package.

Y'all know extensions are currently free on the site? Assuming it comes up of course.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I was just coming to post this. I couldn't get on the PP site yesterday at all, and when I signed in today I saw the special offer for the free extension. I just finished "buying" it - extra days are always nice, esp. when they're free!

That doesn't crash every time you attempt to save a change or take 3 minutes to save and then kick you out....

Really hope they are fixing the inability to edit/add borders with any efficiency!

I don't see what the difficulty with that is. It's like 1999 speed to do things on there!

Disney is known to have terrible sites I don't get why a huge company can't have stellar websites.

Photo editing can be demanding but these are simple edits so I don't see why it seems so laborious.

And that is just the load and save speed not even addressing all the crashing and disappearing pictures that take place on a regular basis.

Are the interwebs breaking? :scared

I was just on the photopass website today and edited a few pics an ordered my cd no problems. The site issues seem to be fixed at the moment, so order up if you need to before it goes down again.;)

All I did was change a few sizes, add a few borders, and make some of our pics black & white. I'm not a huge fan of the borders. I got a few for the kids for their books but I prefer clean prints for framing and scrapbooking.

Glad to mark that off my list. I've spent a little time on it every day since we got back a week and a half ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter