• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FYI- Photopass System Outage

ktlm

DIS Veteran
I tried to call photopass this morning as I have been unable to make any edits to my photopass photos on the new website without it freezing up and crashing since Saturday morning and have not even been able to access the new website at all since yesterday afternoon. I wanted to see if they had any estimate on when the website would be back up. They are not even taking calls right now. The message I got was "We appologize for not being able to answer your call at this time, we are experiencing an unexpected system outage".

Hope they get it sorted out and that they don't lose any photos in the process! The word "unexpected" makes me nervous!

Not surprising. I was on hold the other day for 30 minutes + just to get disconnected. I never got through to them. I finally gave up. I'm missing a few pictures but I don't have hours upon hours to sit on hold to try to talk to somebody. :(

I know I am being a worrywort - but this is making me nervous that Disney is up to something with PP/PP+.

Not cool. The photo viewing is already painful. Maybe it's getting improvements. :)

Funny enough I got an email this am saying they found my missing pics. Can't check til tonight but yeah!

I spent a lot of time between calls at work this morning trying to get the Photopass site to load since I had gotten an email that my missing pictures had been found.

Glad they posted aboutt the outage on Facebook and I hope they can get it back up soon. I'd really like to see if my pictures are indeed back

Fingers crossed that all the photos get found and returned - and that all the problems disappear after this.

I haven't been able to look at our pics since we got home and I know we are missing photos from 4 different places :( Annoys me that time is ticking on all of it and I can't use their site

I haven't been able to look at our pics since we got home and I know we are missing photos from 4 different places :( Annoys me that time is ticking on all of it and I can't use their site

Kinda the same here. Was missing pics and then yesterday's outage kept me from checking the site yesterday. I filled missing photo files for all my pics and got emails back today for all of them saying there was some system wide issue and all the pictures are now linked to my account and should be viewable. I will checked tonight to make sure.

They have now gone in and fixed the website so that instead of just going blank it now shows you a page with Fix It Felix on it telling you to "check back soon". Well, at least that lets people know when they are trying to access it that they are having problems. Of course we are now on lost day 3, of edit time! I sure hope they plan on adding time to everyone's photos since the site has been practically unusable since Friday night.

I am trying to plan for photo pass plus for our trip but am worried and confused....

We have a package booked so the pass can be added at the 149 price until 3 days before our trip, right?

And once I add it to my package so I get the voucher at check in or what do I get then? Do I still have to take it somewhere and have it switched or whatever? ???

Help????

I am trying to plan for photo pass plus for our trip but am worried and confused....

We have a package booked so the pass can be added at the 149 price until 3 days before our trip, right?

And once I add it to my package so I get the voucher at check in or what do I get then? Do I still have to take it somewhere and have it switched or whatever? ???

Help????

I thought it was 14 days prior to your trip to get the discount, but I could be wrong. If you do it after the 14 days but prior to your arrival on property, I think you get your voucher at check in, then you take that voucher to any photo center at either the parks or Downtown Disney to exchange it for your actual photopass card. You can then use that every time you have a pic taken by a photopass photographer. When you get home, you go to the lovely myphotopass.com website and enter in the code printed on your phootpass card and VOILA! Your photos SHOULD magically appear!!pixiedust:pixiedust:

I ordered our photopass+ way before the 14 days, so my card was mailed to me and I took that voucher to HWS's photo center to get my actual photopass card.

I've had minimal problems, but they did lose 2 sets of our pics (they were recovered) and the website has been painfully slow since we returned home last week. Hoping we get an extension on edits and stuff cause I have more to get done around here than swear at the website all day!!:sad2:

I am trying to plan for photo pass plus for our trip but am worried and confused.... We have a package booked so the pass can be added at the 149 price until 3 days before our trip, right? And once I add it to my package so I get the voucher at check in or what do I get then? Do I still have to take it somewhere and have it switched or whatever? ??? Help????

That's correct. 14 days for the web site, 3 days for a package.

Y'all know extensions are currently free on the site? Assuming it comes up of course.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Cais said:
That's correct. 14 days for the web site, 3 days for a package.

Y'all know extensions are currently free on the site? Assuming it comes up of course.

3 days still at 149 price? And what are extentsions?

I just wished that Disney would get their act together and finally get a fully functioning PhotoPass website :rolleyes1

Since the new site isn't working and I'm still waiting for them to find some of my missing photos, I decided to check the old site out to see if my missing pictures show up there. I know the old site is only up until Nov. 8th so I'm not going to even attempt to edit anything. Go figure, all of the photos including the missing ones show up there, but none of the magic shots show up correctly! :confused3

Hope the new site is up and functioning right soon.

Since the new site isn't working and I'm still waiting for them to find some of my missing photos, I decided to check the old site out to see if my missing pictures show up there. I know the old site is only up until Nov. 8th so I'm not going to even attempt to edit anything. Go figure, all of the photos including the missing ones show up there, but none of the magic shots show up correctly! :confused3

Hope the new site is up and functioning right soon.

I know - I'm having the exact same issue with the magic shots not showing up properly. **sigh**

I know - I'm having the exact same issue with the magic shots not showing up properly. **sigh**

No reason to add magic shots to a site that's getting shut down. Waste of time and money.

Yep, same here. I almost wish I could use the old site, because it has SO many more borders (some of them, like the princess ones were showing up on the new site for a day or two, but they're gone again :(( So sad, and i'm hesitant to order my CD, because I really want to add some of the borders. I just hate that half the time it works, half the time it doesn't, borders come and go, seemingly on a whim...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter