FYI - MCO is closing Sept 28

I cannot find anywhere that says when it's reopening. I know the first article states a reopening time but am not sure where that information was obtained from as the MCO website does not provide a reopening date.

I cannot find anywhere that says when it's reopening. I know the first article states a reopening time but am not sure where that information was obtained from as the MCO website does not provide a reopening date.

From the FAA itself - https://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/flyfaaindex.jsp?p=0&ARPT=mco

AIRPORT STATUS INFORMATION
provided by the FAA's Air Traffic Control System Command Center​
The status information provided on this site indicates general airport conditions; it is not flight-specific. Check with your airline to determine if your flight is affected.
Orlando International Airport (MCO) Real-time Status
Due to CLOSED EXCEPT EMERGENCY, the Orlando International Airport (MCO) was closed as of Sep 28 at 10:30 AM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 30 at 10:30 AM EDT.
Delays by Destination:
  • Due to CLOSED, the IMM airport was closed as of Sep 27 at 22:00 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 30 at 16:00 UTC.
  • Due to CLOSED, the Melbourne International Airport (MLB) was closed as of Sep 28 at 02:00 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 30 at 10:00 AM EDT.
  • Due to CLOSED, the St Petersburg/Clearwater International Airport (PIE) was closed as of Sep 27 at 06:00 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 30 at 12:00 PM EDT.
  • Due to CLOSED, the SPG airport was closed as of Sep 27 at 17:00 UTC. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 30 at 11:00 UTC.
  • Due to CLOSED, the Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (SRQ) was closed as of Sep 27 at 08:00 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 29 at 07:59 PM EDT.
  • Due to CLOSED EXCEPT EMERGENCY, the Tampa International Airport (TPA) was closed as of Sep 27 at 05:00 PM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 30 at 12:00 PM EDT.
General Departure Delays: Traffic is experiencing gate hold and taxi delays lasting 15 minutes or less.
General Arrival Delays: Arrival traffic is experiencing airborne delays of 15 minutes or less.
This information was last updated: Sep 27, 2022 at 4:59 PM GMT
Glossary of Air Traffic Management Terms - A table containing definitions and/or descriptions of many common Air Traffic Management acronyms.​

There’s a good chance your flight gets cancelled unfortunately
Gee, thanks:umbrella:

Do you work for the airlines or at MCO? If not, your guess is no better than mine lol

We are savvy travelers, roll with the punches. :smooth:

Not our first hurricane as tourists in Orlando.

Gee, thanks:umbrella:

Do you work for the airlines or at MCO? If not, your guess is no better than mine lol

We are savvy travelers, roll with the punches. :smooth:

Not our first hurricane as tourists in Orlando.

Uh no but I was there during Irma and flights were cancelled even when the airport re-opened, especially the smaller airlines.

Not to mention that Friday could also be bad for Orlando and the airport might not open.

Not to mention that Friday could also be bad for Orlando and the airport might not open.
Most recent projections are favorable for Friday. Mco handled Matthew handily. I have zero worries SWA will get us home, eventually

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter