FYI for those booking the Poly

squirrel4569

DIS Veteran
I booked two nights at the Poly for my August trip and after I put my confirmation number into MDE the reservation showed up but I couldn't setup my MagicBands for the trip. I called into tech support and they said that there's an issue in the system that is preventing customization of MagicBands right away and that they will show up sometime in April. I'll keep an eye out for it and I've got plenty of time to get mine, but in case others are seeing the same thing, you don't need to work out.

I booked two nights at the Poly for my August trip and after I put my confirmation number into MDE the reservation showed up but I couldn't setup my MagicBands for the trip. I called into tech support and they said that there's an issue in the system that is preventing customization of MagicBands right away and that they will show up sometime in April. I'll keep an eye out for it and I've got plenty of time to get mine, but in case others are seeing the same thing, you don't need to work out.

Thank you for this information. I changed from BLT to Poly for the beginning of July. I found it strange that whatever dates I put in at the Poly for July everything is available. Makes me think something's not right and that makes me very nervous. It's on my MDE and dashboard but when I tried to set up MBs the reservation wasn't there. And that caused me more concern. Relieves me to know it's just another glitch in a very "glitchy" Disney system.

Does anyone find it strange that this morning the RAT still shows availability? I was just checking April, May, July and it shows there are NO sold out dates. I keep wondering if there's a glitch that is overbooking rooms. I hope not. I was also shocked not to get my 1 night waitlist for early August. I would've thought I would get that filled. I will continue to stalk again today, but have a feeling that there are glitches in the booking system.

Does anyone find it strange that this morning the RAT still shows availability? I was just checking April, May, July and it shows there are NO sold out dates. I keep wondering if there's a glitch that is overbooking rooms. I hope not. I was also shocked not to get my 1 night waitlist for early August. I would've thought I would get that filled. I will continue to stalk again today, but have a feeling that there are glitches in the booking system.
It does show some sold out dates in September, particularly at the 7-month limit.

Based on some reports, there was a glitch.
However, the glitch reported was that MS was seeing rooms as fully booked, when they were not. Some CMs were saying they had to book people in lake view because standard view was full. It sounded like they fixed the problem in late morning or early afternoon.

If the reports are true, I hope those who were told no availability call back and get what they were asking for originally.

I tried booking 2 nights in a Poly Studio yesterday for July and ended up wait listing. Logged into DVC this morning and my Poly Studio Std View had come through so definitely check again today.

I was amazed when I looked at RAT yesterday to see that Poly was available for our Easter trip, so we switched from SSR to Poly. It was a ton more points, but that's okay. I even splurged on lake view!

This is a bit troubling. For me even more since I complicated matters by having to re-link bands, dining and FP+ from a cash reservation to a new DVC PVB booking I made yesterday. Either there is not much demand for PVB or the RAT is not working with the right inventory numbers. I was a bit surprised to have snagged a five night 4/4-4/9 standard view studio stay. I know some are reluctant to be the first to experience a new DVC resort, but with no other DVC availability, I am hoping it will work out better than our cash reservation at CBR.

Not strange at all IMO. It's a lot of rooms.

Plus, it's hard for some of us to give up a 1 or 2 bedroom for a studio or 2 studios.

I'm considering switching my May studio trip....but we really wanted to be near Downtown Disney, it seems such a waste of points to switch to Poly.

I got the same story today when I called tech. Problem is our stay is for April 4-9!!!! They called it a 'glitch' and advised me to check MyDisneyExperience and the bands will show up. (we had already customized them for our now cancelled cash reservation)

I got the same story today when I called tech. Problem is our stay is for April 4-9!!!! They called it a 'glitch' and advised me to check MyDisneyExperience and the bands will show up. (we had already customized them for our now cancelled cash reservation)
I was thinking about that earlier. If the hotel doesn't open up until April 1 then they need to get that glitch fixed quickly so they can get the bands to people. Worst case I suppose you can customize them and they are at the resort when you arrive rather than being sent to your house. I've got bands from past trips so it's not the end of the world if I don't get another set (I'll have 3 or 4 of them just for this year alone) but for the first time guests that may not be the case.

I'm glad you mentioned this as I went to customize the bands and had a bit of a "freak-out' moment when I realized they weren't there. I also never received a confirmation e-mail from DVC after I made my PVB reservation yesterday even after asking two additional times after the initial reservation was made. Anyone else not receive a confirmation e-mail?

I made the reservation on a whim, canceling BLT LV to do so. Now kinda wondering if I should have just kept what I had...

We haven't received a confirmation yet.

At the time we called, the availability tool was showing the month of July as fully available. MS, however, said there was no availability. We wait listed for our 2 nights, and it came through overnight.

We never received an email either. We decided to move from AKV to Poly. We didnt necessarily need the 1 bedroom we had booked (its just my husband & I going) and we figured it would be fun to check out since we wouldn't stay in a studio when our son comes with us.

We haven't received a confirmation yet.

We never received an email either. We decided to move from AKV to Poly. We didnt necessarily need the 1 bedroom we had booked (its just my husband & I going) and we figured it would be fun to check out since we wouldn't stay in a studio when our son comes with us.

I did not receive and e-mail but the cast member who helped us told me the e-mail confirmation might be delayed. I wrote down my confirmation and was able to link the room reservation to MDE. I'm not worried about magic band, I had recently made another reservation and the magic band customization page showed up a couple days later, plus I have other magic bands from prior trips.

I haven't gotten an email confirmation, but it is showing up in MDE and on the DVC site. I just don't have the option to customize my MagicBands yet.

I was told June was full after waiting for an hour starting at 9 and being disconnected. I finally got through again and spoke to someone around 11 and was told June was full so I asked to be put on a wait list. When I checked the DVC member site about 4 hours later it was showing availability and I didn't even notice my reservation had changed to the Poly. I upgraded to the lake view but no email confirmation yet.

Finally got mine as well. I kept looking at MDE and the member site to make sure it was still there...lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter