FW vs POR

Us3

DIS Veteran
We just returned home from an extended weekend trip down at WDW. We stayed at POR. I have to say that I wasn't that impressed with POR. It was just "ok" to us. On the positive side...we really like the boat to DTD and the pool area was fun. On the down side, the resort seemed dated and needed lots of TLC. Buildings needed some repairs, painting etc. We ate at Boatwrights and the meal was terrible. We had the jambalaya and prime rib...both were just terrible! :scared: Regardless of this...we still had a great time. It was some much needed relaxation and we had a good time watching the girls have so much fun at WDW.

The one thing that was so apparent to us was how much we missed FW. Perhaps FW is just more our "style". For a family with young kids...you can't beat the activities and convenience at FW. We missed having our golf cart to take us back to our personal "room" after returning from the parks. We couldn't watch fireworks in the evening w/o having to drive our own vehicle or ride a crowded bus! :scared: No rocking chairs with drinks in hand while the kids blow bubbles on the porch or play on the playground. More than anything we missed the camaraderie of folks from a vast array of backgrounds who all have two things in common...camping and Disney.

Last time we were there we visited POR and took the boat ride to DTD. We enjoyed the ride to I liked seeing the tree houses.
What you said about FW is so true. The girls I work with are going down for Night of Joy in September and I really wanted to book POR but we have ended up at FW in the Cabins for the night. They have never been to FW so I'm sure FW will impress them!

I am only 29 and the DW is 30. No kids (yet) an FW is the only way to go:thumbsup2 Its for all ages.:) We tried POP not the same at all:sad2:

On they way home on 75 we read the funniest sign...wish I could have taken a picture. Would have been perfect for The Late Show...it said "Real Fireworks Left Under Bridge"....whaaaaa? :confused: :rotfl:

More than anything we missed the camaraderie of folks from a vast array of backgrounds who all have two things in common...camping and Disney.

I enjoy POR, especially the alligator Bayou section, but it is NO FW! Glad you had a good weekend, though. I thought about you.....enviously.......;)

On they way home on 75 we read the funniest sign...wish I could have taken a picture. Would have been perfect for The Late Show...it said "Real Fireworks Left Under Bridge"....whaaaaa? :confused: :rotfl:

Haha! Sounds like somebody trying to take the bridge out!

There's a sign here locally that I keep thinking that I need to take a photo of. It says,

LANDFILL
POOL
next left

Last time we were there we visited POR and took the boat ride to DTD. We enjoyed the ride to I liked seeing the tree houses.

They had some equipment in the tree house area and it appeared that they are working on the base support for the new structures! :)

There's a sign here locally that I keep thinking that I need to take a photo of. It says,

LANDFILL
POOL
next left
:rotfl:

We were in St. Maarten last November and saw a sign that read, "If you're going to drink, drive responsibly". :scared1:

Know what you mean. We normally drive down from Michigan for 2 weeks at the Fort each year. There have been a couple of times that I've flown down with just DD and stayed at a value (ASMu/POP).

Yeah, not the same experience as staying at FW. Still fun though, but just not quite the same as being "home".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter