FW Evening Fun?

vellamint

DIS Veteran
I want to spend an evening in FW enjoying all that it has to offer....we will be staying at POR and have a rental car.

Questions are:

What time in the summer (August to be exact) do they usually have the campfire/movie?

I want to take the kids on the hayride and I think I read somewhere that it is at 7 and 9. Can I take the 7 o'clock hayride (which I am told lasts 45 minutes) and still do the campfire.....?

I need suggestions on what to do between the ending of the campfire and/or hayride and the electrical water parade. We have never seen that one yet!!!

Thanks!

FW is a great place to spend an evening!

The campfire program starts at 7:00 in the summer months. I think there is a 6:00 hayride that you can take beforehand. You catch the hayride by Pioneer Hall. (You may want to call & double check the hayride times) Afterwards, you can either walk or take the bus down to the campfire program, by the Meadows Trading Post.

The program starts with a sing-along around the campfire til around 7:45. Then, they show a full-length movie. Sometimes they show 2 movies! You will have to leave the campfire program early to get back down to the marina for the Electrical Water Pageant at 9:40.

You could start your evening with dinner at the Trail's End Buffet, maybe around 4:30, and then a visit to the petting farm!

We visited with some friends who were staying at FW cabins last August and we went to the campfire and movie. I know it started to get dark while we were there so I want to say it'll started around 8:00 with the campfire first and Chip n Dale walking around. The movie probably started around 8:30-9. I believe the Electrical Water Pageant parade is around 9:40.

We had dinner at Trail's End and the kids played on the playground for a bit then we headed back to their cabin for a little and then onto the campfire.

After being there I was very impressed, we're leaving a week from Thursday to meet up with family and we'll be staying at the FW cabins, looking forward to it (hopefully won't be too cold:p )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter