FW Cabins - Date Set!! Yay!

Nicole&Becker

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone,

I just found this board a couple days ago. My family and I have been going over and over about where to stay at our next trip to WDW. I really wanted to try the cabins at FW, but hubby felt it would be excessive or financially out of reach for us. But then we got an email with a 30% off deal for Moderate resorts. So I called on it and we were able to get a cabin for 8 nights, the deluxe dining plan we wanted, and park hopper the week after Thanksgiving next year for over $800 LESS than with out the coupon for the same week! :cool1: I was so thrilled I reserved it on the spot! :cheer2:

I told hubby about it after I reserved it and he didn't understand at first. :confused3 So I had to explain it all to him like three times before he was excited about it! :laughing: Then he was really excited!

So now we are both excited for our trip next year to the cabins at Fort Wilderness. I really wanted to stay there because I will be receiving my new service dog the summer before that and would like a "do-over" trip from our last trip. Last time we went before I had a service dog and I was injured at Typhoon Lagoon half way through our trip. The whole trip was a total disaster. So we want to do it over again and this time make sure we have fun! lol

So since I will have my service dog, Becker, with me I thought it would be a good idea to stay somewhere he would be comfortable and where he could wind down each day. There is a dog park there and lots of nice walking trails from what I have heard. Just the space in the cabin alone I feel will be helpful for us all. We have two children who sleep in bunk beds now, so that is a great feature as well. It just seemed just right for us.

I also am having weight loss surgery this month, so my diet will be much different and will need access to a fridge for my shakes and things in it. I also like the idea of having a microwave for heating things up and what not as needed. We are going to rent a cart from an off site place most likely as well.

We are still trying to decide on whether to bring a stroller or rent one there. Our boys are 5 and 3 years old. They will be 6 and 4 for the trip next year. My older son has mild autism and a sensory disorder. My younger son only has a sensory disorder. So we are an interesting family.

I got the Open Mouse guide book from PassPorters. It is a great book so far. It has been really helpful. I wish we had it the last trip.

Anyway, if anyone has any tips or interesting info about FW please let me know. Thank you all! popcorn::

Our trip will be from November 29th, 2010 to December 7th, 2010!!:woohoo:

Yay!!! Congrats on your reservations!!!! Let the planning fun begin :cool1:

I would definitely take the stroller. We just got back a month ago and our boys are 7 and 5. We took a stroller and are sooooo happy we did. My 5 year old didn't last all day without riding in it and there were times my 7 year old needed a break too. My little one would fall asleep so it was great not to have to carry him. I would highly recommend it. If nothing else, you can throw your jackets, backpacks, snacks, etc. in it.

Have fun planning :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter