Fun, Sun & Strong Water Rum...*Yo-Ho*...23 Nights @ Sapphire Falls...A May 2022 TR

👋 Hi! Still here and have so enjoyed reading about your most recent travels. Hope you are doing and planning more travels!

Hey Minnie......good to see you! Hope you`re doing well......:flower3:

Yep, got a few things to look forward to including a visit to Scotland next month and of course September is ever closer!

And glad to know you`re enjoying reading along.........:-)

Frank and his bride soaking up the sun was one of my favorite store displays! I also bought the candles -- a few more than 1 or 2 as I found some in other areas I liked as well. You might think I have a candle problem, but I figure there are worse things to hoard :rotfl2: 🕯️

I love that you found that nostalgic Florida tray! How fun that you had one growing up! I thought for sure you were pointing to the old-fashioned scuba helmet. I remember seeing those on Scooby Doo :D

Hogsmeade seemed to be so very crowded this time. It's like everyone in the park had to get their Potter on at once. That makes me think an OI event would be a great opportunity to feel fully at ease in the area. :crowded:

I love how happy you are coming off of Velocicoaster! I'm afraid that would not be my reaction, but I'm a big chicken 🐔

And I completely understand skipping the 100-minute wait for Hagrid's. I do love that ride, but No, Thank You. I think once they make it Express Pass eligible I will be riding it regularly :yay:

Oh those candles are addictive!!! Not sure what it is about them and Yankee Candles too, I just can`t resist them! Yes, there are much worse things to collect to take up space in our homes!

lol....I didn`t even notice that helmet at first.....I was too focussed on that tray. It was just so odd to see something I recognised it being the same as one we had from way back.

Yes, crowds were something. My nephew has been at Universal these last 4 weeks and mentioned crowds have been the worst they have ever seen and everyone wants to be in the Potter areas. It was lovely during the OI event, but Hagrid`s was still 80 minutes, which we did wait for as a one and done. I agree, it needs EP soon.

Oh you`d love VC if you gave it a go....lol......it`s not that exciting really, in fact it`s quite dull :rolleyes1 :rotfl:We just love it so much!!!

Frank and his bride soaking up the sun was one of my favorite store displays! I also bought the candles -- a few more than 1 or 2 as I found some in other areas I liked as well. You might think I have a candle problem, but I figure there are worse things to hoard :rotfl2: 🕯️

I love that you found that nostalgic Florida tray! How fun that you had one growing up! I thought for sure you were pointing to the old-fashioned scuba helmet. I remember seeing those on Scooby Doo :D

Hogsmeade seemed to be so very crowded this time. It's like everyone in the park had to get their Potter on at once. That makes me think an OI event would be a great opportunity to feel fully at ease in the area. :crowded:

I love how happy you are coming off of Velocicoaster! I'm afraid that would not be my reaction, but I'm a big chicken 🐔

And I completely understand skipping the 100-minute wait for Hagrid's. I do love that ride, but No, Thank You. I think once they make it Express Pass eligible I will be riding it regularly :yay:
I completely agree with the velosacoaster! I wouldn't ride it,but my husband would definitely ride it. I am a big chicken when it comes to coasters, too:) I would like to watch the brave riders, though, and check out their reactions.

We headed down towards Poseidon`s Adventure next. Although we don`t particularly like the walk through, the building is stunning and it had just recently reopened after a facelift where they had retouched all the outside of the building and it did look very good and it wasn`t till it was revamped did we notice how badly it had needed it.

Universal are excellent at the upkeep of the whole park depsite some folks commenting it looks old, jaded and in need of freshening up. There were many areas of the park being updated right now which was lovely to see.

i-tTJF9rS-X2.jpg

i-PG5KtLm-X2.jpg

i-fPv3f5K-X2.jpg

i-GxQX6Ph-X2.jpg

I don`t know if it was the refurb of the building that had made little details more distinguishable than they had been before.

Being honest I had never noticed this detail below before which to me looked like a little creature with two eyes and a smudgy nose looking out at us.......Tom thought it simply looked like a shell. We all see things so different at times.

i-GshWZt6-X2.jpg

I remember years ago, I bought my first apartment and I had a friend papering the feature wall in the sitting room. When the main wall was finished, one of my brothers was in having a look and asked me what I saw when I looked at the wall, strange question.

When I had chosen the wallpaper, it was the 1980`s, I did think it looked like a wall of beautiful large shells.......he laughed and said he saw rows and rows of tombstones.......😲

i-jFb2X9B-S.gif

He was right.

They did look like tombstones.

Yes, my decorator was already up the ladder starting to strip it back off before I could turn around. He said he saw the horrified look on my face and knew I would be choosing another wallpaper......lol....my brother never made a comment like that again.......🤣

So, I knew everyone sees certain things in a different way. Some rather odd at times.......lol.......

The store outside of this rather magnificent building sells lots of little curios, pearls and different jewellery, not that we`ve ever bought anything from inside except some ice cold water one day, but it is a joy to walk around and has some lovely displays to admire.

i-3VG2CBd-X2.jpg

i-dkdxXtB-X2.jpg

i-mrwSvK8-X2.jpg

i-Ntj9Skg-X2.jpg

i-kDDrGvW-X2.jpg

i-FZCsBnL-X2.jpg

As is usual, we didn`t purchase anything in here, I keep saying one of these visits I will buy something. They do have some very cute items that one of my goddaughters would like, maybe a Christmas gift at some point.

We went down to the front of Mythos for a wander, it`s lovely down here and so peaceful at times.

i-F4cqFg4-X2.jpg

If you stand on the bridge here overlooking the water where the weird fish that converge together like mutant seabass, you can hear the troll that lives under the bridge growl in anger and frustration at you crossing over his lair. I once suggested to someone high up from the Studios they should have a fake troll pop up intermittently as folks pass.......my suggestion was greeted with initially a look of delightful thoughtfulness wondering if that might work......to a worrying sense they may scare someone to death!!! The latter is more likely I suppose.....I still think it could work....:duck:

i-kzsN25M-X2.jpg

It was about now we headed out the park and boy were we boiling hot about now.

There were no boats waiting when we got there and we did consider walking to RP then walking through to our hotel, but just as we thought it was just too darn hot, a boat appeared and it was the Sapphire boat I`m glad to say.

i-D3b6bBr-X2.jpg

One of the nicest views of Sapphire Falls is when you approach on the boats, at night too it is very beautiful with the full lobby window, the balcony from Strongwater Bar and when it`s working, the lovely water wheel.

i-rqHKHrf-X2.jpg

Walking into the hotel when it`s as hot as this is incredible.....when that cool blast hits you, there`s nothing quite like it.

We headed straight up to our room and had a cool down before taking showers again......and how much did I like this large shower!! The space in this suite is wonderful, The Sapphire Suite is just beautiful and we always enjoyed our time in it. Our housekeeper was wonderful and always appeared early so it was always done by the time we got back, even if it was just before lunch or mid morning.

Once we were showered and changed we headed out to get the car and drove the short distance down to the Orlando Eye, or Icon Park as it`s known now. We wanted some updated pictures of the new Epic Universe park which is adjacent to the huge wheel, it had been 2 years since we last saw any building developments in the park for ourselves.

But, first lunch.

There are a few places we considered down here, Yard House is one of them, but somewhere new caught our eye today.

i-Gtp4tB2-X2.jpg

There were people already going in and the menu did catch my eye a sit looked like it had plenty of dishes we could choose from, especially some salad choices and this one below, the Luau Salad, when I saw it, I said to Tom, yep, I like the look of this place.

i-8QFD7Mk-X2.jpg

It was a very nice place, friendly staff and it was spotlessly clean with a very nice menu, and best of all, it was new to us which we liked. Although we are creatures of habit at times, we do love to try anywhere new for a change, and this looked perfect.

Tom ordered his usual lemonade and myself as the non driver....again......well, I ordered the Pain in the Pilar.....something Tom may or may not have called me on occasions........🥰

The cocktail consisted of Papa’s Pilar dark rum, coconut cream, orange and pineapple juice, simple syrup and nutmeg floating on the cream like topping and was a very decent size, especially for lunchtime!

i-2gP2zN5-X2.jpg

i-xFGwswM-X2.jpg

The barman was looking after us today and he was very personable and we had studied the menu profusely and Tom was definitely going for the Havana sandwich and even I thought it sounded gorgeous, he also got some tator tots which I was sure I`d enjoy a few of them too.

i-2Zh3CbP-X2.jpg

This sandwich was huge....I mean really huge and tasted absolutely delicious, Tom said even then if we come back here he`d have the same one again. And that was after one bite.

i-PztPrpv-X2.jpg

After having a good read of the lovely menu, I decided not to have the Luau salad, but instead opted for the North Palm Beach salad which not only was it aesthetically pleasing, it was the freshest tasting salad like this I`d enjoyed for a long time.

i-TfzWrKS-X2.jpg

Weirdly I said to Tom I wished I had asked for some jalapenos for the side of my salad, I think our barman read my mind as he said he had brought me a pot of spicy chipotle for the side. He knew what he was talking about, it went perfectly.

The salad was chopped greens, avocado, roasted corn, tomatoes, shrimp salad, lump crab all with a balsamic vinaigrette....I hate sunflower seeds, but they were easy to put to the side. And it was served beautifully.

This place was lovely and we were so glad we had come in, we paid the check and headed back out to the sunshine.....well, it had gone a little dull, but the heat was still rising rapidly.

We headed to the entrance to the Eye and on the way we passed one place we`d never go to, Gordon Ramsay`s Fish and chips.....well first of all, can`t abide the man, secondly it was fries they served, not chippy chips the way they should be, but we had heard it wasn`t that good anyway. Not for us. It`ll be interesting to see if it lasts any length of time in business here.

i-sFtJ9Pb-X2.jpg

Up next.....The Orlando Eye and a surprisingly simple dinner.

Really enjoying your report. My family and I were there staying at the RP May 13-20… was hoping to run into you but did not…. I will agree that was the hottest and the busiest May we have ever had and we have been there about 6 times in May! A scorcher! But of course had a fabulous time.

This is a place we will never return to either.......we`re running out of places to eat in Citywalk now!!!!

Such a disappointment for us as we had hoped it would be a success. Everyone we told about our meal said exactly the same thing...........

lol....we deserved that!!!

Definitely somewhere we won`t recommend nor will we go back again. A one and done.....

I am just getting caught up on your report after a whirlwind of back to back trips...our first trip to Universal and then a trip to Montana for a wedding. I was so disappointed with Bigfire too. Despite seeing bad reviews, I booked it for Father's Day to treat my husband. The filet mignon was dry and my pork tenderloin was so tough and overcooked. The waitress said that they usually cook it well done but I replied that I preferred it medium. I know people can be nervous about eating undercooked pork, but there is no reason it needs to be cooked to well done. Of course, the meat came out well done. I should have complained, but I didn't. Even the filet mignon was dry. My husband and daughter requested medium rare and it was cooked properly, but it was still so dry. We also ordered the bourbon cheese fondue and the cheese tasted so....processed...almost like American cheese slices. Not good. I did see others order the mussels and they did look good. So sorry that Tom didn't get to enjoy them.

Really enjoying your report. My family and I were there staying at the RP May 13-20… was hoping to run into you but did not…. I will agree that was the hottest and the busiest May we have ever had and we have been there about 6 times in May! A scorcher! But of course had a fabulous time.

Oh I`m sorry we never saw you.....would have been nice to say a big hello........

It was exceptionally hot for May, even the locals we are friends with all said the same thing.......and yes, where did those crowds come from!!

But, I`m so glad you had such a fabulous trip!!

I am just getting caught up on your report after a whirlwind of back to back trips...our first trip to Universal and then a trip to Montana for a wedding. I was so disappointed with Bigfire too. Despite seeing bad reviews, I booked it for Father's Day to treat my husband. The filet mignon was dry and my pork tenderloin was so tough and overcooked. The waitress said that they usually cook it well done but I replied that I preferred it medium. I know people can be nervous about eating undercooked pork, but there is no reason it needs to be cooked to well done. Of course, the meat came out well done. I should have complained, but I didn't. Even the filet mignon was dry. My husband and daughter requested medium rare and it was cooked properly, but it was still so dry. We also ordered the bourbon cheese fondue and the cheese tasted so....processed...almost like American cheese slices. Not good. I did see others order the mussels and they did look good. So sorry that Tom didn't get to enjoy them.

Oh what a shame your meals were so bad! I`m hearing this from so many folks who go there or have gone and won`t go back. I have to wonder what they`re doing that`s so wrong!! For me it`s a chef issue as they seem to have plenty of staff.

Yes, there`s a difference between medium with pork and undercooked......we try to cook it medium but not raw at home, over dry pork is horrible. Yes, complaining is something no one likes to do, and we don`t like to do it either, but the few occasions we have sent food back this trip, it was really bad!

Sounds like the quality of their steak isn`t good if it was dry. Such a shame as it should be the pinnacle of Citywalk restaurants.

Yes, we won`t be going back for the mussels.....lol.....but we can get them anywhere.

Hope you had two lovely trips though, Montana and your first visit to Universal!!!!

Now I'm going to have to go to the bridge to hear the Troll. :D I always find out something new in your posts.

And that salad. I used to live in North Palm Beach. The salad is much more tropical than the town. The avocado and shrimp in on target. Part of why I miss South Florida. Avocados everywhere.

Last edited:
Next up for us today was the Orlando Eye.

I`m not fond of heights at all, but I`d been "ok" on this on our previous escapades on it. So, today we looked forward to seeing the changes in Epic Universe, as it had been a while. So, big girl time and just go on it again, I was usually fine once I was up there and always enjoyed it.

I think it was around $70 for the two of us with tax to get on the wheel, you can go cheaper if you book ahead I believe, but last time we had bought tickets to go straight on, the lady had tried quite a high pressure sales tactic for us to buy a package for the other attractions there, of course she was wasting her time as we have no interest in seeing anything else there. This time the lady asked if we were interested and as I very politely said no we wouldn`t, she just as nicely said ok and gave us our tickets.

They do try to get you to take a picture before you go on it and then sell you it in the gift shop at the end, we decline this too.

They Eye, or the Wheel as they call it now is pretty impressive. 400 feet or 122 metres high. I`d honestly only do it during the day, especially a clear day where you can see for miles. There`s not much to see at night. Las Vegas or London are much better in the dark, Orlando`s surrounding area is not lit up as much, unless you can see the fireworks of course, that would be nice. However The Wheel itself is beautiful at night with a vast arrays of light displays that vary every evening and they also have special displays for different events throughout the year.

i-2RJWKBr-X2.jpg

Sorry this picture is a little dark, but the light was terrible.....

We have only ever had a pod to ourself anytime we have visited, it`s usually not too busy, but we have heard from folks who had to share with others before Covid. I don`t know if they have a policy now on groups mixing with others. But, today there was us and one other couple waiting to get on, so we knew it would be just us.

i-j6KDQqd-X2.jpg

They are air conditioned and they do feel spacious with just 2 or 3 of us in it. I would not like to be in with a group. When did the London Eye, the pods are much larger and they are filled with a lot of people who do NOT stand in one spot and don`t move which I would insist on......but, I`m a complete chicken with heights and hate someone moving or leaning against the glass....that freaks me out massively!!! So, I did not really enjoy the London one very much.

i-swtBGjc-X2.jpg

The views are lovely and thankfully my husband has no such fear of heights or moving around up there......I don`t see much as my eyes are closed and I`m sitting on the middle gripping for dear life on to the metal pole. This was not fun today and I wanted to get off as soon as the doors closed.

i-PsJscQn-X2.jpg

Lockheed Martin is a huge space and beyond is what will be Epic Universe. It is huge.....mahoosive!!

i-kHGd5sS-X2.jpg

i-6QkDc6L-X2.jpg

This is as far to the right as it goes, reaching Sand Lake Road and you can see a lot when you pass on that road too, and looks even larger from there somehow.

i-DPLWjFK-X2.jpg

i-GGJQzVq-X2.jpg

i-rBcqJh2-X2.jpg

i-7Zjsnq3-X2.jpg

Of course since we took these pictures, landscaping has come on massively.....you can see some amazing pictures on Bioreconstruct and the amazing Alicia Stella twitter pages. They really are moving along nicely. It`s hard to get too excited for this yet as it`s 2 years away, but all of a sudden it will be upon us I`m sure.

I am not comfortable up at 400 feet. but 40,000 feet on a plane is a piece of cake....... :thumbsup2

i-23TX3mN-X2.jpg

In the distance you can see the huge Orlando Florida temple of Latter Day Saints near Windermere, it is beautiful and absolutely one of the clearest things you can see so far away.

i-BNGHGcg-X2.jpg

On one side of the Eye is the ride that last year the poor young man was killed on. The ride is boarded up at the bottom, but you can still see the seats and it is horrible.

When I saw this, I think that was the reason I had a slight panic attack up there.

i-9d2nLq5-X2.jpg

Now this was a view I did like, but missed it as my eyes were closed......

i-WP2HjP7-X2.jpg

The apartments on this side of the lakes are almost new to Turkey Lake Road area. A few years ago the land was empty and almost abandoned to be honest, then one day as we were exiting Wal-Mart, the diggers appeared and months later.....a new development had popped up like in so many other areas along Turkey Lake.

In the top left you can just see the Contemporary and one of the buildings in MK. We have seen the Epcot ball before and ToT, but it was just too misty today to see anything clear.

i-sxvcTcN-X2.jpg

To the other side is the Starflyer, the worlds tallest swing ride, another ride we will not go on, for varying reasons.

When it was being built a young 21 year old worker was killed conducting a routine safety check on the ride. Absolutely horrific to think of such a thing happening.

i-tsPzNvq-X2.jpg

I did watch them fitting these globe decorations live on youtube one day....albeit with sweaty palms and eventually only lasted a few minutes due to the height.....I`m a wimp.

i-89wsHrN-X2.jpg

I do have a picture Tom snapped of me up there during my "moment"....and no I won`t post it.......lol.....

It was nice to get back down onto solid earth. But, my reaction up there maybe means I don`t think I`ll go back up there again. Tom and Kyle might one day, but I think I`ll stay ground level and go have a cocktail.

That was us done at this place, there`s really not a lot to interest us here so we headed back to the parking lot and spotted this guy on the wall looking out at us.........🥰

i-WTKjGqb-X2.jpg

We had no real plans for the rest of today, so drove home and had an hours snooze before heading over to the lounge. Our little Lindsey was working along with Alex who is also lovely and so funny. There were some funny incidents tonight and at one point I was trying not to laugh as someone made the most ridiculous complaint and I knew if I laughed I would set the guys off....so I smothered my face and headed out of the lounge pretending to choke......but we laughed and laughed and then laughed some more about the "incident" as it became known as.

We adored these girls and boys too.

Tonight we enjoyed some wine and I think we had some salad and cheese, but we weren`t overly hungry after our lunch. It was nice just sitting and relaxing again and Tom could have wine as we were staying onsite tonight, so we didn`t rush away and enjoyed some lovely chatter and some giggles too.

Eventually we said our goodnights and headed down to get the boat to Citywalk as we felt like sitting at Fat Tuesdays for a cocktail or two.

It was hot....as to be expected of course and Citywalk wasn`t too busy, but I forget what time the parks closed tonight, I think it was later than when we went into CW.

Fat Tuesdays wasn`t too busy so we got a seat easily and made ourselves comfy, well as comfy as you can be on those high seats.

I forget what drinks we ordered but they were lush!!

i-CCN3hqQ-X2.jpg

I have no idea what Tom is doing here.......☺️

i-8J7B4hd-X2.jpg

Citywalk is so pretty at night....and folks just mill around aimlessly at times enjoying the warm weather, food and drinks on offer. Many just sit on the steps and enjoy the atmosphere. I have never once seen any trouble here in all the years we`ve been visiting, it has a lovely family atmosphere and we feel very comfortable wandering around.

i-3f8cGzQ-X2.jpg

i-hVcD8Ck-X2.jpg

We had a couple of cocktails each and they are fairly strong, and full of flavour too but we move off and decide we are both a little hungry now. Not hungry enough for a full sit down meal and hungrier than eating just a doughnut......

So, we ended up in Panda Express for some reason.

Never again.

The line is ridiculous, but we were in line so decided to stay as we have enjoyed PE in MCO before so wanted to give it a try here as it had been about 12 years since we last ate up here.

Eventually we nearly made it to the front and we had decided already what we were having as you can see what`s there from various places in the line.

But, of course.....the folks in front of us had no clue.....they didn`t know if they wanted rice or noodles....or nothing at all......could they have this instead of that and could they have egg noodles in place of an entree.......I almost rolled my eyes into the back of my head after a few minutes.......eventually.....another person appeared and took our order which took about 15 seconds to make.

I prefer table service. I really do. My friends always say I`m slumming it when I eat in places that are counter service :blush: I do think I should be offended really by that......lol......but we did want to enjoy this food.

We both had noodles, and we did ask for a tiny portion of them, Tom chose Honey Walnut Shrimp, Kung Pao Chicken and Black Pepper Chicken

i-LzgLSnC-X2.jpg

I opted for the Black Pepper Steak, Honey Sesame Chicken and Orange Chicken.

We did get spring rolls too, but we ate them before we got a picture and we only had water and fanta to drink.

i-TKtWf9R-X2.jpg

The food wasn`t too bad, but by the time we found a table it wasn`t as warm as it should be, we like our food sizzling hot, but it was more the crowded feel we didn`t like. No one gave an inch and one woman asked a family of 3 if she could sit down and they were quite rude, we were about to say she could sit with us when someone else offered so she sat with them.

Tables could have been cleaner and some folks just abandoned all of their leftovers on the tables when they really should have taken them 3 steps to the nearest trash bin.

The staff seemed to be doing their best but with the constant line out the door, they couldn`t cover cleaning tables and serving properly.

We would not rush to eat here again anytime soon. I think it sounds better than it actually is.

Down to get the boat there was a huge line as parks seemed to be clearing out.....we timed that badly. However we did wait in line for the Sapphire boat and many of us didn`t make it on to the first one, but the second boat was just behind it so we made that one and by the time it left there was another huge line for all of the boats.

When we go to HHN, we normally walk back to RP, it`s a short walk and better than standing for ages waiting on the boat, and waits are long then. But Sapphire is just that little bit further away.

We got home and we always leave a low light on so it`s not completely dark when we get in and it looks so cosy too.

Tom opens a bottle of wine and we order a movie that I have no clue what it was now.......if I don`t write some things down, I never remember them!! But, we settled down with jammies on, wine poured and watch it from the comfy sofa again......I think it was well after midnight we finally climbed into bed.

I was shattered and planned to sleep late tomorrow morning.

Now I'm going to have to go to the bridge to hear the Troll. :D I always find out something new in your posts.

And that salad. I used to live in North Palm Beach. The salad is much more tropical than the town. The avocado and shrimp in on target. Part of why I miss South Florida. Avocados everywhere.

You can hear it quite clearly too, it`s just one of those cute little touches Universal is so good at.

How lovely......I adore Avocados in any form and that salad was delicious....anything with shrimp and I`m happy!!

Friends is certainly an institution we all quote far too often.......lol.......that and the Big Bang Theory....:rotfl:.....bazinga.......

I love chatting to folks, everyone has a story and it`s so interesting to chat to folks from all over the US and beyond, and I do believe most people are genuinely nice...there`s always the odd one who isn` t though, but you can spot them a mile away usually.

The UK waters have some of the best seafood around, but I`d love to try some seafood from Maine.........those "lobstahs" would tempt us........lol......love that Boston accent!!!!
Huge TBBT and Young Sheldon fan over here-told my parents when we go to CA they aren't getting me away from the sets until I can't be there no more lol! My dad and I are always quoting something from TBBT to one another

All caught up!

Love Alicia Stella and Bioreconstruct!

I want the Pain in the Pilar! (I am a lover of Rum)

Love the pics from the eye!

Also in every theme park I have ever been too, work is constantly being done-I will never understand why people complain (and in reality its the guests that are rude who destroy stuff it makes me want to just scream!). Maybe they should come see the little amusement park near me and they will understand (not trying to dox myself but it has a few historical landmark rides.....and it is showing its age even with updates over the past few years).

Also that picture of Tom is hilarious!

All caught up again. Thanks to a slow day at work :flower:

Loving all the photos!

I don't think Hash House would be for me. I'm one of those people who doesn't really like my food to touch or mix together. That just looked too :crazy2: for me lol. Dh on the other hand - mixes everything together :sad2:

I am the same as you, I need to have breakfast before we can do anything. And it doesn't have to be much. A little tea and a muffin and I'm good to go! I made the mistake of my breakfast on our first trip to Universal - never again :sad: I was violently ill and moaning with Moaning Myrtle in the bathroom from motion sickness. I was really good this trip and have no problems. I even had a headache for our Universal days - and riding Velosicoaster cured it ::yes:: That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
that high you experience as you come out of your seat dropping or be out of that same seat as you are completely upside down facing the green of the water which is probably the biggest scream from all riders....even more than the part it revs up before we go over the top hat!!!
It really is a fantastic ride! Dh wanted to do RRR and we never got back to do it. He did ride hulk on our way out of the park and he loved it. Like I said, I was careful about what I wanted to ride that wouldn't contribute to any motion sickness. Maybe next time I might brave it. I was really wanting to ride Velosicoaster and Hagrid's over RRR and Hulk.
The cocktail consisted of Papa’s Pilar dark rum, coconut cream, orange and pineapple juice, simple syrup and nutmeg floating on the cream like topping and was a very decent size, especially for lunchtime!
That looks like my type of drink that I seemed to pick on our trip!!!! I loved them allllllll! The best one I think was still at The Boathouse in Disney Springs. It packed a punch and dh almost had to carry me up to the room at the end of the night. But then again, I'm a light weight ;).

I told Dh he wasn't allowed to tell me ANY countdowns about going home - EVER!!!!!! I know when it's coming up. If he didn't want me in tears - then he best not speak of any countdowns.

Can't wait to hear about your final days.

Huge TBBT and Young Sheldon fan over here-told my parents when we go to CA they aren't getting me away from the sets until I can't be there no more lol! My dad and I are always quoting something from TBBT to one another

I can`t quite say we like YS as much as BB, but it has it`s moments....and yes, between Friends and BB, our conversations are always littered with quotes from both shows......and we always exactly what each other is going to say in most situations.......lol......

All caught up!

Love Alicia Stella and Bioreconstruct!

I want the Pain in the Pilar! (I am a lover of Rum)

Love the pics from the eye!

Also in every theme park I have ever been too, work is constantly being done-I will never understand why people complain (and in reality its the guests that are rude who destroy stuff it makes me want to just scream!). Maybe they should come see the little amusement park near me and they will understand (not trying to dox myself but it has a few historical landmark rides.....and it is showing its age even with updates over the past few years).

Also that picture of Tom is hilarious!

I remember Alicia Stellawhen she worked on the Jaws ride.....I`m sure I have a picture of her somewhere as our Captain........she is very knowledgeable and her info is always spot on.

We love rum drinks and can blame Strong Water for our love of rum. Well Tom always liked it, but I wasn`t really a fan......till we met the SW team..... :rotfl: ......but now, rum is probably our main cocktail base at home.

Epic Universe is going to be epic!!

Yes, folks who gripe about things being refurbed are usually the same folks that complain Universal is dated and in need of a refurb!!! Have seen such comments on the boards before. It`s a no win situation for them with some folks.

I like that picture....but have no clue what I said to him!!!

Glad you`re all caught up.......

All caught up again. Thanks to a slow day at work :flower:

Loving all the photos!

I don't think Hash House would be for me. I'm one of those people who doesn't really like my food to touch or mix together. That just looked too :crazy2: for me lol. Dh on the other hand - mixes everything together :sad2:

I am the same as you, I need to have breakfast before we can do anything. And it doesn't have to be much. A little tea and a muffin and I'm good to go! I made the mistake of my breakfast on our first trip to Universal - never again :sad: I was violently ill and moaning with Moaning Myrtle in the bathroom from motion sickness. I was really good this trip and have no problems. I even had a headache for our Universal days - and riding Velosicoaster cured it ::yes:: That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

It really is a fantastic ride! Dh wanted to do RRR and we never got back to do it. He did ride hulk on our way out of the park and he loved it. Like I said, I was careful about what I wanted to ride that wouldn't contribute to any motion sickness. Maybe next time I might brave it. I was really wanting to ride Velosicoaster and Hagrid's over RRR and Hulk.

That looks like my type of drink that I seemed to pick on our trip!!!! I loved them allllllll! The best one I think was still at The Boathouse in Disney Springs. It packed a punch and dh almost had to carry me up to the room at the end of the night. But then again, I'm a light weight ;).

I told Dh he wasn't allowed to tell me ANY countdowns about going home - EVER!!!!!! I know when it's coming up. If he didn't want me in tears - then he best not speak of any countdowns.

Can't wait to hear about your final days.

And glad you`re all caught up too Pumpkin! Glad you like the pictures, I am always spoiled for choice with his pictures on all our trips, he does excel at taking pictures for me, and he has such a good camera which helps. Phone camera`s don`t touch a real phone for me in quality and clarity.

Hash House, I don`t get the hype about it. Last time we went in it wasn`t very clean, but although it was cleaner this time, I just don`t like the vibe and the food is overwhelming to say the least. And not the best either.

Oh I agree.....even something small to eat is good for breakfast. Funnily enough someone we were in line with mentioned they can only do these rides with an empty tummy....I told her I was the complete opposite.....both men looked on rather bemused saying they can ride it anyway.....maybe a woman thing.....lol.....yes, VC and Hagrids are so much better than RRR & Hulk, although Hulk still have that fabulous take off which we love. Not as jarring either. I`m done with RRR for sure now.

lol.....I can imagine you after that cocktail!!! It was delicious and I do like to know I have alcohol in my drinks, if I can`t taste the alcohol, I sometimes don`t realise how strong they are.....never a good idea!! We liked Boathouse when we went, but don`t think we plan to go back to Disney Springs again.

Yes, no countdowns to going home ever again.....someone else did mention it to us after that.......they got the stink eye......lol......

Hooray, caught up again! I stopped getting emails from the Dis for some reason, and I got behind inadvertently.

Sloppy Joes looks yummy! It’s always nice to find new places!

I’m super excited, because I booked a long weekend trip for my birthday! I get to turn 47 on the Velocicoaster🎉🎉🎉 It will also be Food & Wine Festival at Epcot, and my hubby and I can’t resist stuffing our faces at any Epcot festival 🤣🤣 So, it will be the perfect birthday for me, as long as I don’t melt into a middle-aged puddle on the sidewalk!

Hooray, caught up again! I stopped getting emails from the Dis for some reason, and I got behind inadvertently.

Sloppy Joes looks yummy! It’s always nice to find new places!

I’m super excited, because I booked a long weekend trip for my birthday! I get to turn 47 on the Velocicoaster🎉🎉🎉 It will also be Food & Wine Festival at Epcot, and my hubby and I can’t resist stuffing our faces at any Epcot festival 🤣🤣 So, it will be the perfect birthday for me, as long as I don’t melt into a middle-aged puddle on the sidewalk!

Hey Andrea.....good to see you!! Wondered where you were.......::yes::

Yep, I`d recommend eating there, good quality food and excellent service.

Congratulations!!!! I`m super excited for you to be heading back and doing F&W too along with experiencing that Velocicoaster........F&W always sounds like it would be a good place to visit and try some of the offerings.

You`ll have a blast I`m sure....and yes, try to keep cool if you can........love the heat but it sure can be intense! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter