Fun, Sun & Strong Water Rum...*Yo-Ho*...23 Nights @ Sapphire Falls...A May 2022 TR

I'm going to be reading this closely the next 2 weeks as we get in on the 21st, so I'm going to need you to throw some updates in here so I know what to expect lol

I'm slightly terrified bc we've only been in May 1 time and it was our very 1st trip to Disney. My kids were 5& 7 at the time and they were so miserable bc of the heat.

I'm going to be reading this closely the next 2 weeks as we get in on the 21st, so I'm going to need you to throw some updates in here so I know what to expect lol

I'm slightly terrified bc we've only been in May 1 time and it was our very 1st trip to Disney. My kids were 5& 7 at the time and they were so miserable bc of the heat.

I have been slightly missing…….but having so much fun!

It is blazingly hot right now, but will cool a little next week I’m told……and there’s always some doom and gloom sayer who wishes rain on us while we’re here……lol……haven’t seen a drop yet so it has been perfect for us. Maybe yesterday was a little too hot…….maybe……but as I’m not allowed to say those immortal words, I declared I was loving this intense and meltingly hot heat with a slight grimace………lol……he knew what I meant.

Parks were busy yesterday, but lines weren’t too bad considering. And it wasn’t too bad in Hogsmeade, just busier than we’re used to……biggest complaint is so many strollers…..huge strollers, pull along cart type strollers, people who can’t drive strollers, strollers parked everywhere with enough “stuff“ to go camping for a week on them…….you get the idea…….it reminded me of the good old days in Disney which was always stroller city.

I will pop back and forward as it gets nearer your trip and let you know what the parks are like, but they’re ok right now……apart from maybe the odd stroller or two…….:rotfl:

It is blazingly hot right now, but will cool a little next week I’m told……and there’s always some doom and gloom sayer who wishes rain on us while we’re here……lol……haven’t seen a drop yet so it has been perfect for us. Maybe yesterday was a little too hot…….maybe……but as I’m not allowed to say those immortal words, I declared I was loving this intense and meltingly hot heat with a slight grimace………lol……he knew what I meant.

Parks were busy yesterday, but lines weren’t too bad considering. And it wasn’t too bad in Hogsmeade, just busier than we’re used to……biggest complaint is so many strollers…..huge strollers, pull along cart type strollers, people who can’t drive strollers, strollers parked everywhere with enough “stuff“ to go camping for a week on them…….you get the idea…….it reminded me of the good old days in Disney which was always stroller city.

I will pop back and forward as it gets nearer your trip and let you know what the parks are like, but they’re ok right now……apart from maybe the odd stroller or two…….:rotfl:
So glad you're here & having a fabulous time 👍 - completely agree about WAY too many strollers now at UO :(

Strollers were 💯 why we didn’t go to Disney until my kids were like 5&7. I was not messing with that. Tho in hindsight, they may have been far less whiny if we’d have rented one, but knowing them , they’d have found something else to whine about 😂

I’m always a bit surprised at how much stuff people seem to think they need for a day at the park. Even with my kids, I just have a Vera Bradley sling bag and thats been enough. And I don’t trust other person enough to leave a stroller full of stuff unattended.

I’m taking bribery to a whole new level for this trip. My 8 yr old is tall enough for all the coasters except maybe the 1. At home he’s just at 54 in so whichever one that is, he might not measure enough there. My 10 yr old is plenty tall enough but a huge chicken when it comes to coasters. So I offered them $100 each if they’d ride all the rides they were tall enough for. I know the oldest would love them if he’d just ride them once. He was the same way with Everest at Disney. Scared to death but once he rode it once it’s now his favorite.

HP area tends to really bottleneck on busier days. I’m of the mind there is a certain subset of people who use strollers as combo cow-catchers/battering rams. worst tends to be during food & wind in Epcot, lost track of how many times I’ve had my ankles nipped there. There should be DUIso_O

there’s always some doom and gloom sayer who wishes rain on us while we’re here
A pox upon them and their house:tiptoe:jk, sorta

It's wonderful your having a grand time!!! And that the weather has been amazing. I know you will soak it all in.
biggest complaint is so many strollers…..huge strollers, pull along cart type strollers, people who can’t drive strollers, strollers parked everywhere with enough “stuff“ to go camping for a week on them…….you get the idea…….it reminded me of the good old days in Disney which was always stroller city.
I am going to go out on a limb and say it is more of the "Disney" peeps who are vowing now to give the mousehouse their money.
We had seen a fair number of strollers there when we were there.

Can't wait to hear more!!! Enjoy all the moments!

It was great meeting you last night! I hope you enjoy the Mother’s Day Brunch!

It was lovely to meet you both too!! We were thrilled to finally say hello…….and yes, Josh is just as cool in real life as he is on your TR…….::yes::

Yes, hope you enjoy yours today too and hope we see you again this trip sometime……..:wave2:

Strollers were 💯 why we didn’t go to Disney until my kids were like 5&7. I was not messing with that. Tho in hindsight, they may have been far less whiny if we’d have rented one, but knowing them , they’d have found something else to whine about 😂

I’m always a bit surprised at how much stuff people seem to think they need for a day at the park. Even with my kids, I just have a Vera Bradley sling bag and thats been enough. And I don’t trust other person enough to leave a stroller full of stuff unattended.

I’m taking bribery to a whole new level for this trip. My 8 yr old is tall enough for all the coasters except maybe the 1. At home he’s just at 54 in so whichever one that is, he might not measure enough there. My 10 yr old is plenty tall enough but a huge chicken when it comes to coasters. So I offered them $100 each if they’d ride all the rides they were tall enough for. I know the oldest would love them if he’d just ride them once. He was the same way with Everest at Disney. Scared to death but once he rode it once it’s now his favorite.

I swear we saw one guy few years ago with a rucksack on his back and he could have gone hiking in the Himalayas with it……mahoosive!

Bribery is good…….it works wonders lol……I hope they do ride as much as they can.

My hubby is a coaster chicken.I wonder if I offered him $100 it would do the trick? Life has gotten better since smarTphones, so he has something to occupy him while I ride all the things.

lol……yes, bribery works with husbands too…….sometimes……

Yes, having phones to pass the time certainly helps!

HP area tends to really bottleneck on busier days. I’m of the mind there is a certain subset of people who use strollers as combo cow-catchers/battering rams. worst tends to be during food & wind in Epcot, lost track of how many times I’ve had my ankles nipped there. There should be DUIso_O

A pox upon them and their house:tiptoe:jk, sorta

Agree……and the speed of some of those electric scooter/wheelchairs……holy moly!! They won’t slow down for anyone!

lol…….Yes, some folks always seem to like to tell us we’re going to get rain while we’re here…….who looks at weather for somewhere else when you’re not there?? Another gloriously hot and sunny ahead for us again…..:sunny:

It's wonderful your having a grand time!!! And that the weather has been amazing. I know you will soak it all in.

I am going to go out on a limb and say it is more of the "Disney" peeps who are vowing now to give the mousehouse their money.
We had seen a fair number of strollers there when we were there.

Can't wait to hear more!!! Enjoy all the moments!

Thanks pumpkin…..we are soaking in everything! Well, apart from this morning when we’re doing laundry!

Yes, lots of Disney/Mickey outfits around the parks this time around…..more than we’ve ever seen before.

Disney changed their stroller rules to get rid of the wagons. One of the last times we were there someone had decked out a wagon to make Cinderella’s coach!

And those scooters - I always say, watch out grandma’s on the loose. They will take you out in a heartbeat! After having talked about them for years my daughter refused to be a ‘scooter person’ when she broke her ankle.

Enjoy the heat!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter