Fun, Sun & Strong Water Rum...*Yo-Ho*...23 Nights @ Sapphire Falls...A May 2022 TR

Thanks for the reminder @Pumpkin1172.......time to dance indeed!!!

cv13-S.jpg

cv14-S.gif

cv15-S.gif

:Pinkbounc:dancer::Pinkbounc:dancer::Pinkbounc:dancer::Pinkbounc

Just a few sleeps to go! And that Mother’s Day Brunch sounds absolutely lovely…I’m sure you’ll get around to booking it.

Sorry I know nothing about Deland…

It is nerve wracking that you have to test right before you go and wait for results. Hopefully that hour will pass quickly and before you know it you will have your negative results 🤗

What are you most looking forward to doing first? 🥰

Just a few sleeps to go! And that Mother’s Day Brunch sounds absolutely lovely…I’m sure you’ll get around to booking it.

Sorry I know nothing about Deland…

It is nerve wracking that you have to test right before you go and wait for results. Hopefully that hour will pass quickly and before you know it you will have your negative results 🤗

What are you most looking forward to doing first? 🥰

I think the TM who recommended DeLand is still there, so I can ask her specifics. I did see a place called Stetson House we might like to see there, but saw you couldn`t take pictures so dismissed that, looks lovely though.

Yes, the testing will end soon I don`t doubt that, but not before we go now. It`s an awful thing in reality to have to test the day before.

Ooooh......first.......lol....well, I think Strong Water is first on the agenda :thumbsup2 .......then hopefully a good sleep!!! It`s a long day being awake for almost 22 hours. But, it has to be the Velocicoaster as a first......we are so keen to get back on that one......

What about you and Mr Worfie......you have some plans made I`m sure but you must have some things you are extra excited about......make sure to leave room for us somewhere....... ::yes::

That`s true. Although it seems to be the opposite over here. We don`t have to book anywhere, or at least can book last minute for where we want which suits us just fine.
Lucky you!! Here even places that used to be easy to get into need reservations now, and not just at the last minute. Ugh. It's a challenge for sure.

Your countdown is so short now! So exciting!! Around the same time, I will be driving to Boston to bring my son home after his first year of University! I can't believe how quickly the year has gone by!

Lucky you!! Here even places that used to be easy to get into need reservations now, and not just at the last minute. Ugh. It's a challenge for sure.

Your countdown is so short now! So exciting!! Around the same time, I will be driving to Boston to bring my son home after his first year of University! I can't believe how quickly the year has gone by!

Oh my goodness, it only seems 2 minutes since he was starting University!! Yes, time goes past so unbelievably fast!! I hope he enjoyed his first year.....

Yep, countdown is diminishing quicker than I could imagine......that`s good though I think........lol.......

i-CDvMHK6-S.gif

All being well, this time next week, we`ll be on the plane to Orlando :cheer2:

Got our email from Virgin Atlantic this morning giving us our check list of what we need to have in place for next week including our vaccine certificates and reminding us we need to do a Covid test one day before the flight.

It also states masks are optional now on flights which is good news for most folks and long overdue. To be honest the masks weren`t too bad to deal with on our Nov/Dec flights, Cabin Crew were decent as long as you didn`t take advantage of being allowed to have your mask off when eating or drinking, it was just unusual.

We had read that the lounge we have booked at the airport after security had been informing people their reservation had been cancelled. One woman cited she was booked the same day as us, reservation was cancelled 2 weeks ago and some were reporting their bookings in July and August had also been removed. Worrying for sure, but so far......we haven`t had our reservation cancelled. If it is, well....not much we can do about it.

Cases are down........which is something......I think we`ll probably pack on the Saturday evening rather than wait till Sunday morning as our car service picks us up early that day for the drive up to the airport.

Packing is always fun though.........:rolleyes1

cv25-M.png

Not being the most patient person on the planet, a week seems a long time away right now, but these past months have past so quickly, I`m sure this week will stroll by too. I can`t think of anything we haven`t done for this trip now, apart from things like testing and uploading proof of vaccines and so on which are all last minute.

cv28-S.jpg

:sunny:

It’s getting closer!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

It certainly is!! ::yes::

Today has flown past for one reason or another, and even though it`s a week to go....I actually put a pair of sandals into my suitcase......lol....earliest I can say I have packed anything.

We did try to print some things off today.......what is it about printers that make life so difficult!!! Our just refuses to connect with laptops, decides they need to update just as we`re about to print or the old faithful.....you need ink!!!!! I tell you, I could easily have thrown it out the window.....but it happens everytime......lol......and this is a new printer!

This one is far too technical........

Squee! It’s almost time to go 🎉🎉🎉

Just a few sleeps and you will be winging your way to the sunshine ☀️

I do hope your lounge is open so you can get the celebration started 🥳🥳🥳

I should probably ask if you pack from a list or just wing it?

Last edited:
So happy that you're heading back.

I've been reading off and on, it's been difficult as I always read your posts to my late Mom who would always ask what the 'Scottish lady' was up to. It was like a novel for her. :) but posting has been very difficult for me.
You look to have some great food lined up, hope everything is yummy!
I'm odd, I love to pack. My problem is I pack everything but the kitchen sink for a 3 day trip. LOL

Squee! It’s almost time to go 🎉🎉🎉

Just a few sleeps and you will be winging your way to the sunshine ☀️

I do hope your lounge is open so you can get the celebration started 🥳🥳🥳

I should probably ask if you pack form a list or just wing it?

It certainly is Maria!!!

Weird thing is, the Lounge is open, they seem to be cancelling regular bookings in favour of direct airline passenger bookings. So if you are Upper Class, you get automatic entry into this Lounge which is why we saw a few kids in there despite them advertising as adult only. So even if you have a reservation, if you turn up and the Lounge is full die to Upper pax, you`ll be denied entry.....seems crazy and unfair, but what can you do......

I`m still not convinced we won`t get an email cancelling our reservation over the next few days......

Packing is winging it every time ::yes:: .....some things I only wear in Orlando so that`s easy......but doesn`t take me long to be honest.......and to be honest, Tom takes longer than I do to pack!! And for some reason his suitcase is never filled to the brim......:rolleyes1

So happy that you're heading back.

I've been reading off and on, it's been difficult as I always read your posts to my late Mom who would always ask what the 'Scottish lady' was up to. It was like a novel for her. :) but posting has been very difficult for me.
You look to have some great food lined up, hope everything is yummy!
I'm odd, I love to pack. My problem is I pack everything but the kitchen sink for a 3 day trip. LOL

Aww Tink......I completely understand your thoughts. Well, it`s extra special to see your posts when you do post......:hug:

Oh I completely agree......lol.....if I go somewhere even for the weekend, I take 48 outfits....just in case.......I think it`s a Universal problem with women mostly!!

Although I do have a couple of friends who I swear when the apocalypse finally hit, they`ll be the ones who survive..........they can survive anything and can manage with the least amount of clothes imaginable.....but always seem to have various outfits with them when they really don`t!! I think they have a gift I`ll never experience.......lol.....

Good to see you Tink :wave2:

Since we are so close, are there any items you are eager to pick up? And I say "we" because it does feel like you bring us along :D

You can absolutely say we........It`s always lovely having everyone reading and posting along the way....... :hug:

I`m eager to pick up so much......lol......Old Bay Seasoning is one....I`ve run out......the large Aussie shampoo bottles, we have Aussie over here, but it`s not as nice as the American market one for some reason.....the one we get in the UK smells like bubblegum....bleurgh......neosporin....don`t laugh, we don`t get that here and several other items you can buy OTC that we need a prescription for and things like pain relief tablets, we can only buy 32 at a time so being able to buy a container with a 1000 is like Christmas......lol............yankee candles......bath and body....bed bath and beyond.......oh lordy.......:crazy:

Tom came across a large holdall so I think we`ll take that with us and use that for coming home to save us going looking for a case there and give us time to find one we like in the summer.

I do have a list.......and that list is getting longer by the day! 😉

This may be the last time I check in here before you leave, so have a FABULOUS trip, Carole! I can't wait to read all about it and get many tips for our trip to Universal in November.

We're leaving in 11 days for our long-awaited 30th anniversary/kicked cancer's butt trip to Hawaii!

I am so excited for you to get on that wonderful trip!!!! So many things to celebrate between your anniversary and yes, kicking cancer`s butt is a phenomenal reason to celebrate!!!

We`re with you all the way with that one for sure......and you`ll have the best time in Hawaii, it always looks so beautiful......and you have November to look forward to also......fabulous!!!

Thank you for the good wishes, we`ll try our best to have fun.....lol.....but hope you have the most wonderful time on your trip, please come back and let us know how wonderful a time you had there.......you deserve the best 🥰

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter