Fun stuff (mini golf, ect.) on 192?

GEM

Mommy to Paul - 1lb 7oz wonder
Hi! We are staying on 192 (just east of 1-4) at the Ramada Eastgate for five nights in early December. Can somebody tell us what fun stuff we can do along 192? We especially love mini golf and we have already played the neat courses over on I-Drive. Are there any cool mini golf courses on 192? What about other small, but fun, attractions? Good, but cheap, places to eat? After our stay on 192, we are going to be moving to the Wilderness Lodge for 10 nights, so, we will not be dong any Disney stuff while we are staying at the Ramada. We are looking for fun off-site things. Any specific info. about this area would be appreciated. Also, we will be visiting IOA one day while we are there. Can anybody tell us the best route to take to get there from our spot on 192? Thanks!!

Just to let you know, 192 has recently been redesigned completely! There are now three lanes, sidewalks are huge, lighting is great and landscaping is beautiful. I think you will really enjoy staying there!

As for attractions, there are plenty of places nearby:

1. Flea Market - as you exit you hotel, make a left onto 192 and there is a Flea Market on the right, just after the big orange shaped gift shop. If you like to browse, this may be fun.

2. Go Karts - as you exit the hotel, make a right and continue for about 2 miles. You will see Kart World on your right.

3. MAZE - I have never been here, but there is a huge MAZE that you can walk through. Make a right out of the hotel, and it is probably 2-3 miles on your left.

4. GOLF - Again, make a right and there is Congo River about 1.5 miles on your left.

5. Dinner Theatres - I ate at the Capone's Dinner Theatre about ten years ago. It was fun, and is still there. There are also others like Arabian Nights, Medievel Kingdom, etc. Ask the guest service desk at your hotel...sometimes they can get you discounts!

Hope you have fun, let us know how it goes!
Cheers!

Other things to try (the first if you have young children) are Green Meadows Petting Farm on Poinciana Blvd, Boggy Creek Airboats (on East Lake Toho - take Osceola Parkway all the way east and follow the signs), Aquatic Wonders boat tours from the marina in downtown Kissimmee, Gatorland (on Highway 19/441 - Orange Blossom Trail) and Splendid China west of I4. If you like vintage airplanes, Flying Tigers Warbird Museum on Hoagland Blvd is well worth a visit. Then there is Old Town for a host of attractions (rides, karts, etc), plus the great Saturday Nite Cruise of vintage cars.

For restaurants, try Damon's at Old Town, Pacino's and Cattleman's Steakhouse on 192 just near your hotel, Key W Kool's west of I4 and Harry Ramsbottom's at Fort Liberty for good old fashioned British fish 'n chips!

(PS: I'd avoid Capone's - went there last year - ugh!)

I will 2nd Old Town, 'specially on Sat night when they have the cruise of classic cars. There is also shopping and food there...great place to window shop.

As for mini gold, you might want to try Congo River on 192. Head east past 535 and it will be on the left after the KOA campground. I haven't done the course myself but my students love it.

Side note on that Congo River mini-golf:

They have some live alligators right at the entrance. You can buy some food there to feed them (from a safe distance above, of course). Oh, and they discourage feeding the gators children. Drat! ;):D :p ;):D :p ;):D :p

Originally posted by OrlandoInfo
3. MAZE - I have never been here, but there is a huge MAZE that you can walk through. Make a right out of the hotel, and it is probably 2-3 miles on your left.
[/B]

Can someone tell me more about this maze? What's the place called? Fee? Appealing to adults?

that happens to be a seashell enthusiast, I would suggest stopping by "Shell World" because it is a neat excursion and has a large variety of all kinds of seashells than anyone can just about imagine and then some.

They are located on 192 and have other kinds of interesting and unique items also; it has been a favorite pasttime of mine to visit over the years while on vacation.

We were there last August and they had a mini seashell museum that visitors could browse through inside the shop along with a neat golf cart outside that was deorated with all sorts of shells.

I have never personally been to the MAZE on Hwy 192 in Kissimmee, but have been told about it from people at the hotels......

Basically is a life-size outdoor MAZE. You enter the MAZE and have to find your way out. I am sure there are lots of tricks and adventures once you are in it, but I dont have any details. Maybe there is a prize for getting out quick? Again, I am not sure of this.

Its probably not as exciting as Disney or Universal, but it is a nice diversion for the afternoon!

Cheers!

I have to say, this was pretty tame when it first opened about 3 years ago and I haven't been in a hurry to go back. In fact, the last time I drove past it looked all but defunct, so my guess is that it has closed. It was called An A-Mazing Place, but that was about the best thing about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter