• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fun runs - can you use Disney buses?

MyWifeHatesMeOverplanning

Earning My Ears
This summer we are spending 2 weeks at Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter.

I want to run as many of the resort fun runs as I can.

But does Disney transportation run early enough to get to the other resorts as for most of the fun runs registration opens at 7:30am?

If it's too early for Disney transport, which of the other resorts are walkable from Port Orleans French Quarter?

Thanks!

We've used uber/lyft when going to resort runs. To use Disney transportation, you'd have to take a bus to a park and then swap to another resort bus. From POFQ, I guess you could take the boat to Disney Springs and then the bridge to Saratoga Springs, for their Derby Dash (though actually I don't know what time the boats start running, so that may not even be possible). But I would just spend the wee bit of cash on an uber/lyft.

If you don't already have a list of all the runs, I keep this blogpost bookmarked: https://thecastlerun.com/disney-world-resort-fun-runs-the-ultimate-cheat-sheet/

Thanks so much, that's really helpful.

I suppose the obvious question is 'are uber / lyft easy to get at that time of the morning?'

We've had no problem getting one when needed :) There are people going to ADRs or to ropedrop the parks, so there are usually plenty of drivers waiting nearby for a job. Minnie Vans are way more difficult to get at that time, and as you're just travelling to a resort (and not somewhere difficult to access like MK, or inside Fort Wilderness), I would stick to Uber/Lyft unless you have need of a carseat.

But does Disney transportation run early enough to get to the other resorts as for most of the fun runs registration opens at 7:30am?
Buses to Hollywood Studios (DHS) start running early in the mornings because of the popularity of the Rise to Resistance ride. If you really want to use Disney transportation to get to the different resorts for their fun runs then the DHS bus will work for some of them.

You can take the DHS bus and then walk or take the boat to Boardwalk and Yacht Club for their fun runs. I ran the Regatta Run at the YC last year. Even though they gave a registration time 1/2 hour earlier than race time, you could show up 10 minutes before race time and still have plenty of time for the race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter