Fulltime RVers

DisneyMommyMichelle

A Maelstromer From Way Back...
Hello :wave2: campers!
Are there any other Fulltime RVers heading to the Fort any time Later in October - Mid December?
We have 3 teens and are heading in from Wisconsin by way of the Smokies and St. Augustine along the way!

I'm not sure how many full timers are on here, but there are a number of DISers heading to the Fort around Halloween and the holidays.

j
That's usually how it goes and once we are down there, we seem to fine one another through Instagram! LOL....I always think so many people are on the DIS, but in the end it's such a small fraction.
Thanks for the reply!!!

Hello :wave2: campers!
Are there any other Fulltime RVers heading to the Fort any time Later in October - Mid December?
We have 3 teens and are heading in from Wisconsin by way of the Smokies and St. Augustine along the way!
you can only stay 28 days under the new policy

you can only stay 28 days under the new policy
We are checking in soon and they have not said a word to us and in fact have helped us get all of our reservations by adjusting dates and the like. We have also called the front desk to discuss our reservations and about how often we would be moving around and parking in overflow after our stay while we cruise. No one has said anything to us at all and all have seen the multiple reservations we have.

We are checking in soon and they have not said a word to us and in fact have helped us get all of our reservations by adjusting dates and the like.
Sounds like typical Disney. Put out a policy and then have zero or arbitrary enforcement.

Not poking anything at you, Disney Mom. I personally think the 30 day limit is stupid and trying to address a problem that isn't a problem. It's nice to hear that people fortunate to spend weeks at the Fort are still being allowed.

I am happy they are trying to address the hold and drop reservations (book 4 weeks at the earliest date to "hold" the week you really want and then drop off the days you never intended right before you arrive). Unfortunately, what they implemented for that (cancel everything and then hope to find the days you need) needs some tweaking for adjusting single days at the beginning or end.

j

Sounds like typical Disney. Put out a policy and then have zero or arbitrary enforcement.

Not poking anything at you, Disney Mom. I personally think the 30 day limit is stupid and trying to address a problem that isn't a problem. It's nice to hear that people fortunate to spend weeks at the Fort are still being allowed.

I am happy they are trying to address the hold and drop reservations (book 4 weeks at the earliest date to "hold" the week you really want and then drop off the days you never intended right before you arrive). Unfortunately, what they implemented for that (cancel everything and then hope to find the days you need) needs some tweaking for adjusting single days at the beginning or end.

j
It truly depends on who you have on the phone. The 28 day thing is not really anything they could truly enforce, since the max reservation is 30 days and then you could have 2 people booking at the same time and putting them in their own names. Everyone we spoke to told us that we would most likely have to move with each reservation, but they couldn't guarantee anything (we have all preferred level booked) and the front desk would know more.

As far as the tweaking, the first person we called didn't allow it, but as the time progressed we got so many different answers. We were only adding more days for a total of 2 months and then adding everyone to our reservations (Problem at booking online with one son being only 17 but the computer kept glitching and making him our age, so we removed him so we didn't run out of the 14 minute booking time clock). The first person we spoke to for the name thing wanted to charge us 5.00 for each reservation we were fixing him on, so I hung up and called later. My husband was on the phone and they told him it could be done but he had to fix it through another department before THEY could add him on and when they transferred him the call was dropped. THIRD person told us to do it at the front desk, but when I explained he was driving one of our trucks, they told him son would be fine just saying checking in and giving my husband's info. FOURTH person told us that they could do it in no time with no charge and no problem, that person also was able to fix a few of our reservations so we didn't have so many and then they also helped us with a couple other things we had going on.
During this ENTIRE process, while waiting for the last person to conduct her magic, she explained the issue with the travel agents and people just booking willy nilly and clogging up the system and then dropping it all or tweaking from 2 weeks to like 3 days. She also explained the reason we were having trouble finding 1 day reservations that were missing from our time there, was because they reaaalllllyyy wanted you to book multi days but if you call they can try and find ways around it.
For us, we do this regularly, so I am pretty sure they knew we weren't travel agents and even our party has been the same every year we've done it, down to a friend the kids bring along. LOL!

As far as the tweaking, the first person we called didn't allow it, but as the time progressed we got so many different answers.
This seems to be most people's experience. For the "hard core", like most of us on the DIS, we know the routine. It has to be frustrating to the casual or 1st time WDW person.
She also explained the reason we were having trouble finding 1 day reservations that were missing from our time there, was because they reaaalllllyyy wanted you to book multi days but if you call they can try and find ways around it.
For us, we do this regularly, so I am pretty sure they knew we weren't travel agents and even our party has been the same every year we've done it, down to a friend the kids bring along. LOL!
Over the last few years, the system definitely seems to be programmed to prioritize longer stays. There a many examples (me included) of people trying to get a 2 or 3 day stay and nothing is available. Expand the request out to 7 days, that included the original 2 or 3 and magically there is availability. I think this prompts people to book the 7 days, in hopes of dropping the unintended days later to get to the 2-3 they wanted all along. Sort of a catch 22 with the new cancel/rebook policy. And again, hugely frustrating when you know the 2 or 3 days are available, but their system blocks you from booking it or keeping it if you booked a longer than needed stay.

j

This seems to be most people's experience. For the "hard core", like most of us on the DIS, we know the routine. It has to be frustrating to the casual or 1st time WDW person.

Over the last few years, the system definitely seems to be programmed to prioritize longer stays. There a many examples (me included) of people trying to get a 2 or 3 day stay and nothing is available. Expand the request out to 7 days, that included the original 2 or 3 and magically there is availability. I think this prompts people to book the 7 days, in hopes of dropping the unintended days later to get to the 2-3 they wanted all along. Sort of a catch 22 with the new cancel/rebook policy. And again, hugely frustrating when you know the 2 or 3 days are available, but their system blocks you from booking it or keeping it if you booked a longer than needed stay.

j
Yessss, exactly!!! The worst part of it all, is that when you call you have to be on the phone for over an hour on hold unless you get lucky or catch a break as soon as they open!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter