Full size crib at Resort?

Thank ya'll... I wonder if we get there, check in and request a full size crib but they don't have any, if I could get Kingdom Strollers to deliver one for the next night and we would just make due with a pnp the first night?

I'm sure Kingdom Stroller can get it to you the next day with no issues. We used them for stroller rental and a piece of the harness fell off and they got us a new stroller the very next day.

You can also call Wilderness Lodge directly and speak with the front desk. I did this before our trip at the BCV. I ensured during the phone call that a crib was on my reservation and that I wanted a full size crib and got the name of whoever I spoke with. Like I said I stayed at 2 resorts The grand and BCV which is DVC and had no issues getting a full size crib. Thats not to say you def will everyone mileage may vary. But it can't hurt to make the phone call to.

I'm sure Kingdom Stroller can get it to you the next day with no issues. We used them for stroller rental and a piece of the harness fell off and they got us a new stroller the very next day.

You can also call Wilderness Lodge directly and speak with the front desk. I did this before our trip at the BCV. I ensured during the phone call that a crib was on my reservation and that I wanted a full size crib and got the name of whoever I spoke with. Like I said I stayed at 2 resorts The grand and BCV which is DVC and had no issues getting a full size crib. Thats not to say you def will everyone mileage may vary. But it can't hurt to make the phone call to.
When you call the front desk or the hotel you are speaking to a call center not the actual hotel or front desk. Which is why when people have issues it is suggested that they visit the front desk not call from their room. All the call center person can do is make a note. Sure they will give you their name, but it doesn't really mean much.

When you call the front desk or the hotel you are speaking to a call center not the actual hotel or front desk. Which is why when people have issues it is suggested that they visit the front desk not call from their room. All the call center person can do is make a note. Sure they will give you their name, but it doesn't really mean much.
You can get the actual phone number to the front desk that does not bring you to the call center. I have done it many times I know you like to correct me on everything lol

I was also wondering aboutcribs vs pnps. My son (17 months)sleeps much better in a crib, we try the pnp at his grandparents and it never goes well.
I don't mind renting one, but my question is on quality and how clean they are? I am trying not go be a huge germaphobe but it makes me so uncomfortable to think about my son in one of these. I know that's weird since I too will be sleeping in a hotel bed, but I'm a first time mum who spends too much time worrying.
To those who have used them - Do they seem pretty clean?

I was also wondering aboutcribs vs pnps. My son (17 months)sleeps much better in a crib, we try the pnp at his grandparents and it never goes well.
I don't mind renting one, but my question is on quality and how clean they are? I am trying not go be a huge germaphobe but it makes me so uncomfortable to think about my son in one of these. I know that's weird since I too will be sleeping in a hotel bed, but I'm a first time mum who spends too much time worrying.
To those who have used them - Do they seem pretty clean?

The one we rented from Kingdom Strollers was super clean! I did wipe it down with a Clorox wipe, but I honestly don't think it needed it. The bedding and mattress were in plastic wrap, and there was a separate bag included to put the used bedding in. I was totally comfortable having my son sleep in it.

And I feel you on the germaphobe thing. Yet, we still managed to pass around colds for like 5 months in the winter. My son then picked up a respiratory infection (at Disney) which landed him in the hospital for a day. He got strep 2 weeks later and last week, spiked a 103 degree fever one day. Clearly, my cleaning efforts are in vain. I should probably just give up. And for what it's worth, my son didn't get sick until the last day of our trip, so I doubt it was from the crib. It was probably from touching everything and then shoving his hands in his mouth.

You can get the actual phone number to the front desk that does not bring you to the call center. I have done it many times I know you like to correct me on everything lol
Then you must have some super secret special number because 99% of the time when you call the "hotel" you are actually talking to an off-site call center where they answer the phone - Beach Club or Wilderness Lodge. I don't care about correcting you but when you put information out there that is not accurate and people may rely on it, then yes it should be corrected. If you don't believe me, ask on the Resorts Board. There are CM there that will confirm what I wrote.

Then you must have some super secret special number because 99% of the time when you call the "hotel" you are actually talking to an off-site call center where they answer the phone - Beach Club or Wilderness Lodge. I don't care about correcting you but when you put information out there that is not accurate and people may rely on it, then yes it should be corrected. If you don't believe me, ask on the Resorts Board. There are CM there that will confirm what I wrote.

Yes there is a general number when you call from the hotel phone but there are also numbers out there that get you directly to the front desk. I am not putting out information that is inaccurate. Ive called the front desk to resorts a bunch of times and have not got directed to the main call center if you do per chance have that happen you can ask be transferred to the actual hotel. If you are at the resort it easier to just go down to the front desk.

For example the direct phone number that get you to the boardwalk front desk is 407 939 5101 it did not bring me to a central off site call center. I just used it less than 2 months ago with zero issue.

The one we rented from Kingdom Strollers was super clean! I did wipe it down with a Clorox wipe, but I honestly don't think it needed it. The bedding and mattress were in plastic wrap, and there was a separate bag included to put the used bedding in. I was totally comfortable having my son sleep in it.

And I feel you on the germaphobe thing. Yet, we still managed to pass around colds for like 5 months in the winter. My son then picked up a respiratory infection (at Disney) which landed him in the hospital for a day. He got strep 2 weeks later and last week, spiked a 103 degree fever one day. Clearly, my cleaning efforts are in vain. I should probably just give up. And for what it's worth, my son didn't get sick until the last day of our trip, so I doubt it was from the crib. It was probably from touching everything and then shoving his hands in his mouth.
Thank you that does make me feel better - except the end bit but I sort of assume he will get a bit sick from touching everything. I plan on bringing our own sheets just to help him feel comfortable.

Been a member on these boards for ten years never had to use the ignore feature the board provides I finally had to yesterday. To the OP I truly hope all posts on this thread have help you make an informed decision on what is best for your family on whether you should rent a crib or not.

Yes there is a general number when you call from the hotel phone but there are also numbers out there that get you directly to the front desk. I am not putting out information that is inaccurate. Ive called the front desk to resorts a bunch of times and have not got directed to the main call center if you do per chance have that happen you can ask be transferred to the actual hotel. If you are at the resort it easier to just go down to the front desk.

For example the direct phone number that get you to the boardwalk front desk is 407 939 5101 it did not bring me to a central off site call center. I just used it less than 2 months ago with zero issue.
And that is great if you want to believe that you actual talk to the front desk with that number instead of the call center just answering Beach Club, believe that. But given that the main number for beach club is 407-939-5100 the 5101 is likely a roll-over number. I bet 5102, 5103 etc etc also answer beach club. Logistically it would not work to have a number where people can reach the front desk that has maybe a dozen cm staffing it at any given time. They would not be able to help the guests that are arriving if they were answering the phone.

Been a member on these boards for ten years never had to use the ignore feature the board provides I finally had to yesterday. To the OP I truly hope all posts on this thread have help you make an informed decision on what is best for your family on whether you should rent a crib or not.
So sorry... thank you for your info :)

Just wanted to follow up with this. This was our 4th trip to disneyworld and all 4 times I received the crib with the white bed rails with no issues at all. I was even in a DVC resort this time (copper creek) and was given a crib with bed rails on request.

Jumping into the fray--Nothing Disney offers or allows us to book is guaranteed to be there. They say that everything is "subject to availability". So, some people may find it comforting to order a crib from off site to be sure they have one, while others are fine with taking the chance Disney will have one. Neither is wrong. You have to do what you are comfortable with. But no, nothing Disney offers is 100% guaranteed to be in supply when you want it. Heck, your resort reservation is not 100% guaranteed either. They do walk guests to different resorts on occasion, and have been known to downgrade guests too.

Also, if you call the Front Desk from your room you are really getting the call center. Most published phone calls go to the call center too. They just act like they are at the resort when they answer the phone. If you can find one and somehow know for sure it is the resort, that is great. But it is not a number most people will find.

FWIW, we took DGS when he was 2 1/2 and he slept in the PnP. By the end of the day he was so wiped out, he would have slept in the suitcase/dresser drawer/bath tub ANYWHERE!!!

Just wanted to follow up with this. This was our 4th trip to disneyworld and all 4 times I received the crib with the white bed rails with no issues at all. I was even in a DVC resort this time (copper creek) and was given a crib with bed rails on request.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter