Full Service Checkouts

I have a list from fridge if what we are low on then make my list according to the layout of the store.

I do that with one of the Trader Joe's. :thumbsup2

A couple years ago, my Kroger rearranged part of the layout and people like me were waking around going where is stuff at lol.

We have several Target stores here. What I can't understand is why none of them seem to even remotely have the same layout? The aisles look the same, but the departments are in different places. There have been several times where we customers are asking each other if they know where a certain department is? :headache:

At the supermarket or Walmart, etc. do you organize your items on the belt or just load it randomly?

I usually use self-checkout but for larger orders I like to place similar items together, frozen, refrigerated, produce, non-foods, etc, with lightweight items like bread and potato chips last.

Oh, and heavy items first, like gallons of milk, 6 packs of soda, canisters of detergent pods, etc.
I usually separate the meats so Pork chicken and beef don't end up in the same bag. Some of those go first. Beef goes at the end. Cold cuts, which should be separated from raw meat, usually go in the middle somewhere. Other than that, I try to put a few cans together but not too many so as not to end up a heavyweight. I think a lot of people blame the kids but I blame the store. They're not training them properly.

About 99% of the stores with cashier here no longer bag the groceries. I think part of it is because we have to supply our own shopping bags now. So, they don't touch other people's property.

... So, I'm always still bagging my items as the cashier has moved on to the next person and has to place their items off to the side. :blush: :headache:
If you have to bag your own at the register, they should have a setup like Lidl where there are two divided sections at the end so the cashier can be processing the next order while you're still loading up your bags.

I know some places recently went plastic-bag-free, but didn't change anything about the setup to make it easier to pack reusable bags.
Screenshot (53).png

If you have to bag your own at the register, they should have a setup like Lidl where there are two divided sections at the end so the cashier can be processing the next order while you're still loading up your bags.

I know some places recently went plastic-bag-free, but didn't change anything about the setup to make it easier to pack reusable bags.
View attachment 832463

There is unfortunately not enough room for that kind of setup. I'm in NYC and there is no extra space in a grocery store, anywhere. (Don't even get me started on a whole family of 5 standing in line together with the ONE person who is paying, when there is only room for 10 people to stand in line at all. :headache: :furious: I'm not talking about a mom who has little kids in tow. Of course, they should be near her. I'm talking about grown adults all needing to stand together, clogging up what little space there is for a line. Sorry, I digress.)

Often, we don't even get a choice in brands when it comes to shopping, as there is no shelf space for a second brand of any item. You either buy the nearly $3 per can of Del Monte canned corn or you don't. No alternate or cheaper varieties. (I get as many pantry items shipped from Walmart where I can still get Walmart brand $.79 cans of corn. :worship: )

But, thanks for showing me there IS a system for when you are still bagging your own items and the cashier has moved on to the next person and has no where to put their items. I kept thinking I have to somehow change my timing.

But, when the cashier used to bag the items, she'd be doing it while I'm dealing with the swiper machine, waiting for authorization, then entering my PIN, etc. Everything would be bagged up by the time the transaction is done. Now, I can't bag AND be entering my PIN at the same time, so there is a lag before everything gets bagged. :headache:

View attachment 832463
I liked that two divided section setup In some Pathmark supermarkets that used to be in the mid-Atlantic states. They usually had one or two “Bag Your Own” registers that I used.

Pathmark and its sisters, like A&P, Super Fresh, Waldbaums, etc. went bankrupt and closed about 8 or 9 years ago.

View attachment 832463
Hurry up and bag your stuff. Chop Chop, before it gets pushed off the end!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter