Fuel prices and Free dining...O my

snocrossmechanic

DDC #23, When is the next Trip???
Well it looks like the free dining has done us in. We just canceled our xmas trip to the fort and rebooked at one of the hotels with the free dining plan. Its very sad that the total cost for the hotel, tickets, and meals is less than the fuel cost to get to FL.

Well we were there in April of this year and we will miss it this xmas. See y'all in January.

Well it looks like the free dining has done us in. We just canceled our xmas trip to the fort and rebooked at one of the hotels with the free dining plan. Its very sad that the total cost for the hotel, tickets, and meals is less than the fuel cost to get to FL.

Well we were there in April of this year and we will miss it this xmas. See y'all in January.

I am sure you will have a great time!

Have fun, it's still WDW. It has crossed our mind also, only thing holding us back is our fur baby.

Fuel prices are predicted to take a severe drop in the coming days.
Hopefully, it will be easier for all of us to travel, very soon.

that is sad. i thought about doing the same for our trip in march. but i really want to try out the camping thing with the kids. it will be our first time. hope you have a fun time. i hope the prices drop soon this is crazy.

You said hotel, tickets, and meals...but how are you getting to WDW? Did you factor in driving or flight costs?

As far as we are concerned, any trip to WDW that includes a stay on WDW property is GREAT. For us, it doesn't make a difference if it is at FW or a Value Resort. We are just happy to be at WDW.

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!: thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Should have kept them for awhile to see if prices dropped. There is a window there to keep both before you have to cancel.

Yep, we have always stayed at the Fort, but it was cheaper for us to stay at a value resort with free dining, than it was to stay at the Fort (even if we ate one meal at the camper every day). Therefore, for the first time ever we will be staying at a different resort.

Yep, we have always stayed at the Fort, but it was cheaper for us to stay at a value resort with free dining, than it was to stay at the Fort (even if we ate one meal at the camper every day). Therefore, for the first time ever we will be staying at a different resort.

Hope you're not disappointed! The one time we stayed at another resort (POR) we were miserable there.

Free Dining and the difference in gas mileage between towing or not can create a powerful economic incentive. Disney's bean counters have created an attractive dark force to put "heads in beds".

Bama ED

Hope you're not disappointed! The one time we stayed at another resort (POR) we were miserable there.

I know, we are really concerned about the whole thing. Especially since the Pop Century resembles a Motel 6 sitting in a parking lot. I too am afraid that we are going to greatly miss the beauty and the amenities of the Fort. However, we go often enough that trying something different once isn't that big of a deal.

That's what I'm afraid of. Not knowing where the gas/diesel prices were going, we backed up our Dec. reservation with an AP rate at the POP Century. We never stayed there before, always at FW or DVC resort so we're probably going to give it up. But, believe it or not, the AP rate is just about the same and on some days less than we're going to pay for a full hook-up site at FW! This is the first year we are getting NO discounts at the Fort. I keep calling, but nothing. And we're booked for next year...same story :confused3

Did you try renting from the Disboards. You might if reservations available get a cheaper cost and buy your meals.

WDWFWfan - go in with a positive attitude! Look on the bright side - you are still at disney! We have stayed at several disney resorts and enjoyed them all for different reasons. Have a great trip. If you go in thinking you'll have a crappy resort stay, you probably will.

About 6yrs ago we went down in the winter and flew due to the RV all winterized and covered. That is the last time we'll go without the MH. Could not stand staying in a hotel room. We stayed at POFQ, the room was fine but just not our thing. We'll just save up for the fuel and consider it part of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter