Ft Wilderness Campfire?

monalsw

<font color=blue>Had an embarassing SpongeBob mome
Has anyone been to the campfires at Ft Wilderness? What is it like? What kind of seating? Where do I find a movie schedule for February?

My kids and I are campers at heart and want to spend a few evenings at this event! Any and all details are appreciated!

Each night Fort Wilderness hosts a campfire (yes, bring your marshmallows), sing along and Disney movie in the Meadows area. For those who do not have marshmallow, a "smore" "kit" is sold at there. Adult beverages are allowed, so bring them along or buy them there.

The seating is stadium benches so if you have a pad bring it. As Februalry can still be cool remember to dress warm.

The movie schedule is posted at the beginning of each month, so you won't be able to see the schedule until early February.

Hae fun, who knows you may like it so much you might buy a camper:eek:

Thanks for the info!

Actually, I'm buying a camper from my sister's ex in-laws! It's quite an antique, 1976 Fleetwood, and won't be seeing much traveling! I've always taken my kids to a local lake/park about 15 minutes from home and we're finally giving up the tent and getting off the ground!

We're going to 'renovate' it this spring, looking forward to 'vintage camper camping'!!!

Good luck with the new 2 you camper! Drop on by my web site for some camping ideas. While many of the topics I talk about are directed to pop up, many are good for all types of campers.

We will be at WDW Feb 8th through the 18th and plan to spend several nights at the campfire movie. There are 2 types of seating, benches occupy the majority of the area. They are the most comfortable and closest to the action. Along the rear of the area are aluminum bleachers about 6 rows high.
The chuckwagon sells kits for smores and a variety of things like soda,beer, popcorn, hotdogs, coffee, and candy. You are welcome to bring your own food and beverages.
The Meadows trading post is also only a short walk away.
There is a sing along before the movie that Chip and Dale are present during.
If you enjoy outdoor family fun and Disney movies this place is it !

Going in April to FW. What time does the movie thing start? Is it free?

Thanks!

Not sure of the starting time in April, but yes the sing along and movie are free.

The only cost is if you buy a "smore kit" from the chuck wagon, but you can always bring your own.

Who says nothing at Disney is free:eek:

One of the funnest activities at WDW and its free !
Is this a great Country or what ?

Just dont blab to too many people, its one of the best secrets

Thanks so much for the replies, I can't wait!!! The kids and I will stay for 8 nights after DH comes home and we luuuuuuv Disney movies, so this will be one of our activities...maybe more than once!

See ya there!

Have a funny story to tell about the campfire/movie!

Was sitting there watching the movie with my friend, who traveled with me (since DH couldn't go & I didn't want to drive alone as I had to pick up DD & attend her graduation in NC after boot camp) on the bench seats. We kept feeling like someone was runing their fingers across our backs...you know...like you make your fingers do the walking? I finally figured out what it was & didn't say anything to my friend who was a little on the skittish side. When she did see what it was she leapt up out of her seat with a screech & everyone cracked up laughing. I think the kids there liked her performance better than the movie! hahahahaha

What was it? It was a little salamander running back & forth! He was so cute & decided he was harmless, but we had fun & she had a great story to tell her kids when she got home!

:wave:

How comfortable is the seating? This old 50 year old back can deal with most anything but hard seats. Is it okay to bring my own???:confused:

Unless you think wood and aluminum are soft I would bring something to sit on.We usually bring stadium cushions or a blanket. Bring your own chair if you have a favorite.

I have heard you have to be a resort guest to take part in the campfire. How do they check, and is it worth getting a hotel for the night to do it?

When we went they didn't check to see if you were a resort guest or not. ....Tender hineys should bring pillows! :p

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter