Ft. Wilderness Cabins becoming DVC?

I just got my email and interestingly they’re calling CFW a deluxe resort. So they’ve upgraded its status instead of a new offering of moderate hotels by DVC. I hope they add more to the amenities around the resort to reflect the deluxe status.

View attachment 826254
Interesting .. I wonder if the rest of FW will get access to the extended evening hours or just the DVC cabins

We don't intend to buy at FW, but will likely stay a couple nights here and there. The lack of a W/D kills it for me more than 3 or 4 nights!

I too am surprised Halloween is more expensive than Christmas!

Looks like the point chart is right at a VGF standard studio level. (Give or take a few points)
👍🏼
I noticed that as well. With those prices we probably will not be staying there except for maybe arrival night.

We value location as we go back to the room quite often. Also value our W/D as @MICKIMINI mentioned.

Both W/D and location are ultimately more points than CFW but they bring so much more value to our trips.

But really, December fixed weeks are going to sell.
I bet not week 52 lol

Not I, Halloween here is a ritual.

As tempting as it sounds, if this is truly the only resort for this trust then its just another resort with restrictions so I guess I'll continue to wait for Poly 2 and just try and get in at the 7 month mark :-)

I bet not week 52 lol

Not I, Halloween here is a ritual.

As tempting as it sounds, if this is truly the only resort for this trust then its just another resort with restrictions so I guess I'll continue to wait for Poly 2 and just try and get in at the 7 month mark :-)
We've been going to WDW for Halloween for about 15 years now! I guess I'm just wishing it was less points LOL!

We don't intend to buy at FW, but will likely stay a couple nights here and there. The lack of a W/D kills it for me more than 3 or 4 nights!

Honest question: I assume you never stay at the Poly either?

If the rumors are true that the annual dues are going to be $12.15/point, I will have to hold off on adding on.
Relatively higher dues would not be too surprising:

Many of the costs, from cleaning to upkeep are per room costs. Lower points per night means those costs are divided by fewer points. The spread out nature would also be a contributing factor (transportation for guests and staff)

Turning high overhead, highly seasonal locations into DVC is such a no brainer for Disney. Offsets maintenance costs, don’t have to discount poor performing rooms, breakage income…it’s like turning lead into gold.

This does kind of push back the points inflation arguements. While there is some component of inflation (and boardwalk being clearly underpriced), a larger part of the inflation was simply more desirable and better located resorts.

The maintenance fees seem like a probability given how little each unit commands in points volume compared to its perceived maintenance… the entire units will probably be scrapped with the hard refurbs.

But it would be a good argument for CFW being in a trust if the maintenance fees were more shared. CFW definitely ran the risk of overpricing and being a huge Bungalow sized mess on the whole DVC pool, but that won’t be the case. Even if there isn’t the eager ownership, probably lots of trade in demand willingness, which does again work really well for a trust.

Interesting .. I wonder if the rest of FW will get access to the extended evening hours or just the DVC cabins
I was thinking this too. How are we going to differentiate the tent and RV sites from the cabins as far as deluxe amenities and deluxe perks such as EEH when it’s the same property.

The first time we ever stayed on property was in our RV at FW, and since staying at several deluxe resorts and buying dvc, this resort to me feels more like a state park (which we also love those) but not a deluxe villa property I’m going to buy into for a huge chunk of timeshare moolah. The cabins may be new and updated and almost feel like a 1Br, but still no washer/dryer (will they be free now for dvc and how do we separate the dvc laundry facility from RV guests on same loop if it’s free for dvc but not non-dvc?). Will towels be provided at pool now that it’s deluxe or you still gotta lug those? Just doesn’t feel like dvc deluxe category that we are used to, more like a moderate scratched through with deluxe scribbled on top in a prettier font. Lower point charts, more affordable maybe but hopefully so given what we are seeing offered.

I was thinking this too. How are we going to differentiate the tent and RV sites from the cabins as far as deluxe amenities and deluxe perks such as EEH when it’s the same property.

The first time we ever stayed on property was in our RV at FW, and since staying at several deluxe resorts and buying dvc, this resort to me feels more like a state park (which we also love those) but not a deluxe villa property I’m going to buy into for a huge chunk of timeshare moolah. The cabins may be new and updated and almost feel like a 1Br, but still no washer/dryer (will they be free now for dvc and how do we separate the dvc laundry facility from RV guests on same loop if it’s free for dvc but not non-dvc?). Will towels be provided at pool now that it’s deluxe or you still gotta lug those? Just doesn’t feel like dvc deluxe category that we are used to, more like a moderate scratched through with deluxe scribbled on top in a prettier font. Lower point charts, more affordable maybe but hopefully so given what we are seeing offered.
Good questions. Though the cabins are in a different area of the property. So you don't have cabins and RVs on the same loop. Are towels not provided at all Disney resort pools? As for laundry. I would suspect the laundry in the cabins area to be keyed entry and only allow for entry of those with a cabins room card or MB tied to their cabin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter