• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Frustration with trying to book online DAS

FireflyTrance

DIS Veteran
So long story short, I’ve found it basically impossible to book the DAS pass online. My 9 year old daughter has to be there when the video chat starts, but the wait is so long that by the time I get through she is already in school. If I join after school I can’t get through before her bedtime.

I originally was going to try just not getting the DAS but she is on a new medication now and is very tired while she adjust to it, so I would like to have the option but it just feels impossible unless I keep her home from school. We arrive on Saturday but aren’t going to the parks until Sunday. Is there somewhere we can go on Saturday evening outside of the parks where we could try to get it taken care of ahead of time? Or would we have to wait until our first park day? Thanks!

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble getting connected. While it was taking hours (days) last fall, most reports that I've read recently have indicated total of about an hour from start to finish.

Onsite you can only obtain DAS at one of the 4 major theme parks. You may be able to do it at the Guest Relations window outside the park entrance (without using a ticket to enter the park) the evening you arrive. Sometimes they have to turn people away because they don't have the right equipment or they are too busy with ticket issues.

So sorry for your frustration. I did it a few weeks ago - same challenges as my daughter doesn't get home from sports til about 5pm. I logged in about 3:30-4pm and by 7pm I was able to get through and get it completed. Good luck!

Someone in my traveling party in December obtained a DAS and did so inside the parks on the first day of the trip. There was very little wait. The only downside is not getting all of the advance selections but that wasn't a big deal to them. She was able to schedule the advance selections with the CM at GS for the final days of the trip (like maybe days 5-7?) - I can't exactly remember but the advance selections have to be done a few days in advance of the day you plan to use them - so if your trip is longer & your wait to get the DAS in the park you might want to ask about that.

I think the persons working the blue umbrellas can also issue the DAS.

I was having frustration also for my trip in November as this was all new. Please remember that DAS reps are avail 7 days a week. That greatly helped me get my DAS and 2 selections per park day. Hope that helps you with your daughter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter