• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Frustrated!

Yvette Q.O.D.

Queen of Disney!
Just hung up with WDW and am quite frustrated. A few months ago when I booked our suite at the AS I was told that they did not have AP discounts available. I have talked to WDW several times since then and have asked about discounts on our room and other possible rooms we might book. Now, today I was told that the discounts have been out since August and they have none left. (we were thinking of changing our room to a 1 bedroom villa) Also discounts are not ever available for suites. It seems that every time we talk to WDW lately (past year) we hang up so frustrated we question our choice of vacation. But, the power of the mouse is so strong that once your there.....well you all know what I mean.

Just wondering if anyone else goes through this too.

One thing we have learned is to ask is if our CM is in Orlando. If not we say thanks anyway and call back till we get someone who is actually answering the phone in Orlando. (I guess now they will tell all CM's to say they are in Orlando when they're not.)

Anyway..............

61 days till we're there one way or another

:artist:

The travel industry is very fluid and things are constantly changing. What is not available today could be available tomorrow and visa versa.

I do not book vacation directly with WDW, since they do not have my interest at heart. I always book with a travel agent and not any type of travel agent. I only book my WDW vacations with an agent who ONLY books WDW vacations. They have the experience and knowledge to get you not only the best deal when you book, but also flag your account for other possible changes where you could save additonal money or get a resort or room which you were initially...maybe...unable to secure.

In response to your phone contact concerns:
Many large corporations outsource their Call Center operations which are located in lower cost areas of the U.S. and in some cases they can be even be located outside the U.S. Their contracted to represent the company. When the work mainly involves accessing a reservation system it is pointless to worry about where their located. Worry about their ability to navigate the system and their knowledge of codes, programs and processes. If it is outsourced it typically means they outsourced the entire function.

Disney Central Reservations has two locations one in Orlando and one in Tampa. If you don't get the AP rate call every day 1st thing in the morning till you do. I have done this many, many, times and I have always gotten the AP rate if it's in season. I have been in your boat more times than I can tell you. When the AP rate was sold out at my resort of choice, I just kept calling, first thing every morning. It has always worked for me! I know how frustrated you are but, you've got the time and nothing to loose, so give a try! there is a good chance you'll get a pleasant surprise :sunny:

From all I've read those suites are not discounted.

I really like that I can check AP discounted room availability online. I was able to get AP on CR in Dec by checking daily-it was easier than calling daily. I did call to actually make the reservation but checked for availability online.

For whatever reason there are some dates in Dec. not available for an AP rate. I need one night in Dec. for checking into my DVC unit and according to the website, Dec. 7 is unavailable.

I very much doubt you will find any discounts on the DVC villas in Dec.

Cyn

I agree with the OP about the different call centers. I prefer to speak to someone in the Orlando center too but I often get connected to the Tampa one, probably because I am close to them. I find that the people answering in Orlando know Disney. They know about the dining reservations, they know the names of the resorts and their restaurants, etc. The people answering in Tampa often sound like travel agents and not Disney reps. I find I often know more about the resorts then they do and somehow that bugs me.

Dreams Unlimited Travel specializes in WDW vacations. I've used them many
times and have always been satisfied. Their agents are very nice and very,
very helpful. I give them a big :thumbsup2 .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter