Frustrated with Fantasyland EMM planning!!

We've been checking and checking for EMM during our early November trip. Our FP are made as of yesterday, without knowing whether EMM will even be offered during our trip.

I know in the grand scheme of things, this is just small stuff and completely a first world problem, but it's still frustrating to spend so much time (and money) planning a trip months in advance, only to be less than 60 days out and not know if certain offerings will be available for a given trip.

We've been checking and checking for EMM during our early November trip. Our FP are made as of yesterday, without knowing whether EMM will even be offered during our trip.

I know in the grand scheme of things, this is just small stuff and completely a first world problem, but it's still frustrating to spend so much time (and money) planning a trip months in advance, only to be less than 60 days out and not know if certain offerings will be available for a given trip.

I sent an email about this very detail. I'll keep you guys updated if I get a decent response (ha).

Actually it looks like just about everything is greyed out for "special events" so I would not lose sleep out it. Something is up with the site.

There is a lot of traffic on the site and app right now because of people trying to change plans due to the hurricane. I wouldn't be surprised if they temporarily deactivated the ability to book some things online to relief the stress to the system.

Due to all the other things missing, I think it's just a glitch, possibly due to the traffic caused by changing hurricane plans.

I'm thinking a glitch because Pirates and Pals isn't available and we have it booked in Nov. I haven't received any cancellation notices yet.

Due to all the other things missing, I think it's just a glitch, possibly due to the traffic caused by changing hurricane plans.

I worry though EMM isn't part of the glitch seeing that on Sept 2nd it would need to be posted for people 60 days out and it wasn't.

I worry though EMM isn't part of the glitch seeing that on Sept 2nd it would need to be posted for people 60 days out and it wasn't.
DIdn't they stop EMM last year during peak holiday season when the park tends to open early or once the Christmas parties started? 60 days from now would be jersey week-ish, the ABC Christmas show taping probably, Christmas parties starting - a lot going on around that time.

I do believe dates were showing through the end of October (not September.) I just checked our 10/19 reservation, and it is still there in MDE.

I agree, but the poster I quoted said that people have been complaining and complaining about EMM. It was stated as fact, not "I think people may have been complaining, and that's why Disney may be doing away with it." Since it was stated as fact, I was curious on the source since I have not heard too much complaining about it.

Well, you must have not been paying attention when the thing was rolled out, because there was a lot. Or to any of the Desert Party threads that pop up every week or so. Or the current thread about the new AK VIP tour. Or when DAH was rolled out last year. Or anything that Disney does that costs extra. It happens, it's natural, and I don't think for half a second I said that was why they'd been discontinued. Suggesting that I did is a very radical interpretation of my text.

But since I'm not willing to look back through a year's worth of posts to make my point, maybe I made it up, and no one here ever says anything about WDW wanting to make money, or charging for things that people think used to be free, or whatever. That's possible, too.

But, for the record, I didn't say people have been complaining about EMM. I said they complain about add-ons. It's up to you whether you agree with that or not.

Well, you must have not been paying attention when the thing was rolled out, because there was a lot. Or to any of the Desert Party threads that pop up every week or so. Or the current thread about the new AK VIP tour. Or when DAH was rolled out last year. Or anything that Disney does that costs extra. It happens, it's natural, and I don't think for half a second I said that was why they'd been discontinued. Suggesting that I did is a very radical interpretation of my text.

But since I'm not willing to look back through a year's worth of posts to make my point, maybe I made it up, and no one here ever says anything about WDW wanting to make money, or charging for things that people think used to be free, or whatever. That's possible, too.

But, for the record, I didn't say people have been complaining about EMM. I said they complain about add-ons. It's up to you whether you agree with that or not.

People complain on message boards about all kinds of things. But that doesn't mean they're complaining directly to Disney.

Recent reports on this board from EMM have been largely positive. It doesn't matter at this point what people thought when it was initially rolled out. Disney continued the event, and it seems like lately, many have enjoyed it.

There's really no reason to think, at this point, that Disney is discontinuing this event.

The reason given for cancelling the Express Transportation was that most guests preferred a different form of transportation. Have no idea where Disney got that, but assume it was through surveys of some kind.

They got the idea from the near empty express busses. Very few people used the service. Most busses had less than 4 people on them. So people were choosing other transportation options...

As for EMM, it's generally sold out So I'd be surprised if it went away for good. But as we saw with the DHS emm, if it does go away, it (any mention of it and all web pages) will just disappear from the website.

They release emm dates quarterly or there abouts. I suspect that November dates will be posted around oct 1.

And for those waiting, keep in mind it hasnt been offered during holiday weeks.

They got the idea from the near empty express busses. Very few people used the service. Most busses had less than 4 people on them. So people were choosing other transportation options...

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on where they got the idea. I'd say the express buses weren't any emptier than the regular park-to-park buses on any given afternoon. I know we've used the regular park hopping buses and many times have been the only family on board. They didn't market the express bus, and I daresay there are still thousands of Disney guests that don't even know it existed.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on where they got the idea. I'd say the express buses weren't any emptier than the regular park-to-park buses on any given afternoon. I know we've used the regular park hopping buses and many times have been the only family on board. They didn't market the express bus, and I daresay there are still thousands of Disney guests that don't even know it existed.

I agree with your later points. But the point remains, they cancelled the optional upcharge service because so few people were using it. It's not the same as park to park busses, which are not an optional upcharge. Busses with 4 people on them lose them money, even if it's their fault for poorly advertising it.

Hey all...so just did my regulary hourly (or sometimes more) check for EMM..and I noticed Sept. and Oct. are back in blue (from what I see)....nothing for Nov. or Dec. yet though....

I agree with your later points. But the point remains, they cancelled the optional upcharge service because so few people were using it. It's not the same as park to park busses, which are not an optional upcharge. Busses with 4 people on them lose them money, even if it's their fault for poorly advertising it.

But we didn't pay for our bus with only 4 people on it and the 4 people on the express bus did pay for theirs. They're still losing money. People weren't using it because they didn't know it was there or if they did see the signs in the parks, there was nothing telling them all the benefits of paying for the use of it.

But we didn't pay for our bus with only 4 people on it and the 4 people on the express bus did pay for theirs. They're still losing money. People weren't using it because they didn't know it was there or if they did see the signs in the parks, there was nothing telling them all the benefits of paying for the use of it.

The difference is that Disney makes a lot of money on park hoppers. And park to park busses are a necessary part of selling hoppers. It's not the same as an unsuccessful optional service.

DIdn't they stop EMM last year during peak holiday season when the park tends to open early or once the Christmas parties started? 60 days from now would be jersey week-ish, the ABC Christmas show taping probably, Christmas parties starting - a lot going on around that time.

This is accurate. There have certainly been times no EMM has been offered, which has typically coincided with particularly busy/holiday times or times where pre-9AM MK openings are common.

This happens way too frequently. Something is not well advertised and then dropped for "lack of interest". This happens with TV shows all the time including some very good ones.

Received a completely useless reply, but I was surprised to get one at all with everyone emailing and calling about the hurricane.

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

At this moment, we do not have communication of Disney Early Morning Magic being discontinued. The website is showing dates for October 2017 still available.

Please check back at a later time to view availability.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Lorelle González Torres

eCommerce Sales and Service Team

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter