• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Frozen vs. Tangled

The Villianess

"Don't think and don't worry. When the time comes,
So there's been some debate about which movie is better: Frozen or Tangled. I was watching Frozen movie reviews and Tangled movie reviews, seeing that there is some similar qualities but also a lot of different qualities about them too. I like the both of them a lot, and I was wondering what are your thoughts about which is better.

Tangled: Tangled wins points for two really good main characters. Flynn Rider (Eugene) is a theif with a sad backstory. He's kind of like a funnier Aladdin. Rapunzel is an amazing princess, it's really easy to see why I place her in my top 5 Disney Princesses. She has a lot of passion, and her goal really speaks to me for some reason. She can be kind of clumsy, and she doesn't know her way around, but she still really resonates with me because she's kind of socially awkward. I also like how in the end when she finds out who she really is, she has the courage to stand up to Mother Gothel.
Mother Gothel is a great villain. She's someone you can really hate but love at the same time. Her songs are absolutely perfect and her character is very classic. She kind of reminds me of a better version of the Evil Queen from Snow White, or the stepmother from Cinderella, also known as Lady Tremaine. Mother Gothel also has a good motive, which is to be young forever, and it certainly fits into her personality.
The CGI animation is also pretty good, although the most dazzeling moment by far is the lantern scene. The music is also really catchy, and I really like it. The movie overall is really good.

Frozen: Frozen is also really good. I love it to death. It's music sets the tone for everything. If you listen to songs like "Love is an Open Door" again, you'll really see the hidden messages that Prince Hans was trying to convey. The songs are also really catchy, at least the "villain" song is. I also really like Elsa as a main character, because she does deal with her differences, and that's why everyone relates to her. "Let It Go" has really good CGI animation, every time I watch it I notice something new.
But that brings me to my point about the two sisters. Their relationship is a very good relationship in the movie. Frozen demonstrates what true love is. I loved how Anna's act of true love was not a kiss, but instead she saved her sister, ultimately giving her life for her. That does beg the question though, if Anna had ended up kissing Kristoff, would that have been true love's kiss? Maybe I am reading too much into that, but it does bring up a valid point, which kind of makes me wonder. The relationship between the two is definitely the film's strong point, if not it's strongest, and it also depicits that true love doesn't always mean between lovers.
Don't hate me for this, but Hans is not the best villain. The twist is very clever, but I didn't really think his villain motives were all that original. This might be due to the fact that I knew the plot twist before watching the movie, but regardless, I think the Duke of Weaselton would have been a much better villain. Or if Hans had to be the villain, why not give him fire powers, not swords. Overall, Frozen definitely is a good movie.

If I had to choose, I would choose Frozen because I relate to Elsa on a different level than I do Rapunzel and that it has always something new to notice. Now I want to hear your opinions, which movie do you like better?

Frozen. I like Tangled too but I love Frozen. When it first came out I didn't go to see it but over spring break I was in California visiting my cousins and my cousin's son is obsessed with Frozen. He even had an Anna plush he would take everywhere he even brought her with us to Disney Land. It was so cute. Every time we were in the car he wanted to listen to the Frozen soundtrack over and over again lol. I found myself singing the songs even though I hadn't seen the movie yet. When I watched the movie for the first time it instantly became one of my favorites. You're right the characters in Frozen are more relatable and who doesn't love Olaf. I think I relate more to Anna. Her and Elsa are two of my favorite Disney princesses along with Rupunzel and Mulan. What I like about Frozen was because of the message of the story. It wasn't about a prince saving the princess. Hans was actually the bad guy and Elsa saves Anna because of how much she loves her sister.

I honestly think this is a reasonably hard question. Both movies were, if I might say so, amazing!

Frozen:
-Anna and Elsa are very relatable characters (Clumsy, emotional, etc.).
-The entire movie has amazing animation, and as you have said, I notice something every time I watch the movie. From the way Elsa's hair shimmers, or even the details in Olaf's carrot nose.
-I think a reason everyone leans towards Frozen is because everyone else seems to like it. Think about it, for a good solid 3 months, Frozen was the talk on the street. (Unlike Tangled, which at my time, wasn't very popular.)
-Some of the ideas though, were off for me. People say that the villain of the movie was the Duke of Weaselton. I do believe that movies should always have a conflict, or in this case a villain. Was Elsa the villain? Or was The Duke? Another problem I have are Elsa's powers. When the time came for her and her coronation, don't you think the gloves did a pretty good job of containing her powers?? Why wouldn't you have her wear the gloves 24/7? I think putting her into hiding wasn't necessary.:confused3

Tangled:
I love this movie.
-Love the soundtrack. Every song.
-The idea was understandable, and I'm one of those people who loves a good story line!
-I do think that Frozen had WAY better animation, but either way, they were both amazing

So, as you can see I don't have as much to say about Tangled, because honestly, I'm gonna have to choose Tangled. Frozen is overplayed, and talked about too often, just like an Adele song. (No offense to Adele she's amazing.)

Both movies are beautifully done.

I like both. I adore Frozen, and actually just purchased some Frozen notebooks and folders for this upcoming school year. However, I do really like Tangled. I have to say Tangled, because as much as I love Frozen Kristen Bell gave her kid a stupid name and I just can't get over that.

I like Tangled better.

Frozen had pacing and plot problems and I don't find the music all that memorable tbh so overall it's an eh movie imo

Frozen was way better. I really enjoyed Tangled but it was not worth the hype it got. I didn't like the ending or the adaptation of the story in general. I still thought it was cute, but it wasn't better than Frozen.

The main reason I like Frozen better is because of Elsa. There were things I didn't like; it had a weird flow, Olaf was sorta irrelevant, I wanted Hans to not be evil lol. But overall Frozen gets my vote.

Although neither of these movies beat any of the classics. Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid... Those all have these new movies beat (I'm just not a fan of the weird 3D CGI characters used now)

Tangled, frozen was good but it's not the best Disney movies, there are a lot of better ones. Tangled is my absolute favourite!

Honestly, neither of them are at the top of my list because I'm more of a fan of the classics, but they're still Disney and I love them anyway!

I feel like Frozen is over rated. It wasn't the first movie that the main character didn't need a man to save her (Brave), or about sisters who would do anything for each other (Lilo and Stitch) like everyone says, I think it's just the first Disney movie in a long time with a bigger soundtrack that really sticks in your head, and the kids really responded to it because of the music. That being said, I love the plot, and Olaf is hilarious :rotfl2: And I love the soundtrack, even though I can't really listen to Let it Go anymore because it's played so much!

I liked Tangled because of the way Flynn Rider is able to defy his stereotype and ends up going back to himself (Eugene), and I just love the plot and relate a lot to Rapunzel's personality! Maximus and Pascal are perfect, too. The music isn't overdone or anything, I actually wish there was more of it.

So for me I'd have to say Tangled.

I personally liked Frozen better because it shows the importance of being happy without a "prince." And also I felt like I couldn't relate to Rapunzel in the same way I could to Elsa. Elsa seems to understand that the world can be cruel and unfair sometimes, while Rapunzel seems to think that the world is a perfect place. Although I do love her bubbly personality. ::yes::

I personally liked Frozen better because it shows the importance of being happy without a "prince." And also I felt like I couldn't relate to Rapunzel in the same way I could to Elsa. Elsa seems to understand that the world can be cruel and unfair sometimes, while Rapunzel seems to think that the world is a perfect place. Although I do love her bubbly personality. ::yes::

There have been other Disney movies that do that. Mulan saved China by herself. Lilo and Stitch was all about family. Tarzan and Jane were fine on their own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter