Frozen Ride Epcot

hsmamato2

<font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad
a couple of questions..... asking kind of early since our trip isn't till spring break- I've read different accounts of this ride, when does it open in the morning? Does it still get the long lines? (like it requires FP for sanity?) is there a 'rope drop' type plan for this particular ride? We'd be coming in from IG,and thinking first thing in the am might be smart to try it?

It opens at 9am

Yes, it gets long lines. Not as bad as it did when it opened a while back, but still pretty long. If you get there early, you can do w/out FP+, otherwise, get one. They used to do standby only from 9am to 11am, so you could go anytime between those hours and usually not have a long line. Now, they have FP+ starting at 9am, so if you want standby, you'll want to be there no later than 9:15am or so.

It opens with the rest of the park and doesn’t follow World Showcase times (i.e. it opens before World Showcase does at 11).

Lines still build but I don’t think it’s nearly as crazy as it once was. For our next trip in a couple weeks, Touring Plans is showing that we can ride with less than a 30 minute wait until 10am. Of course, this is during one of the “slower” times of the year so this all depends on when you’re going. What are your trip dates?

How wet do you get in the winter months?

We road twice in August and both times our boat had a puddle of water on the floor while boarding.

Are there jets similar to Splash Mountain that are adjusted during the colder months?

There are no jets. There is one semi-steep drop where some water can come aboard the boat.

How wet do you get in the winter months?

We road twice in August and both times our boat had a puddle of water on the floor while boarding.

Are there jets similar to Splash Mountain that are adjusted during the colder months?

No jets. It's essentially the same ride as before the makeover to Frozen.

Thanks for the replies! Our dates are April 14-22- so busy but not too crazy I think.... We were thinking of getting there for opening,and walking right over, thus using our FP elsewhere in the park later.....

Thanks for the replies! Our dates are April 14-22- so busy but not too crazy I think.... We were thinking of getting there for opening,and walking right over, thus using our FP elsewhere in the park later.....

You should be just fine doing it this way! Touring Plans is showing waits less than 30 minutes through about 10am that whole week :)

Rope dropped it once from IG, no huge crowd there. I walked pretty fast, but was still behind some people from the main entrance. Waited around 10 minutes to get on the boat. After I got off the ride, the wait time was 35 minutes.

Not scary at all. It's just the frozen characters and singing. She'll love it.

Try to get the middle of the boat to stay dry - the end that drops gets the brunt of the water (I can never remember which end that is - so I sit in the middle). I've only had once where we got a wave over the side on the drop and it soaked my one leg pretty good. How bad it is seems to be based on the way the weight is distributed in the boat.

It opens at 9am.
FP+ had been starting at 11am but I believe it recently changed to 9am as well.

Lines are very long.
Its still the most popular attraction at Epcot.

The RD plan is... walk swiftly to it at RD lol.

I'd either RD it or get a FP+ for it.
I would personally not wait in a very long SB line for it.

My 4 1/2 didn’t like it and she’s frozen obsessed. She doesn’t like drops, even small ones, or getting splashed.

We had a fp for it, but we also rode it before without a fp. It opens at 9am. When we went though in sept fps didn’t start for it until 11am but now they start at 9am. So the wait before 11am wasn’t bad at all. Said 35 minutes, we waited 20

We caught the ride a few times in September and saw in our Photopass pictures of the drop that my 2 year-old great niece’s face held pure terror. Poor baby was so scared, but if she screamed or said anything, we didn't hear her. Only from the photos did we realize that the drop scares her.

She and her folks went back to WDW in December, and that trip, she cried and fussed in the line so bad, they went on it only once.

Which is the better choice for a FP , Rope Drop, and standby any other time.... Frozen, Soarin, Test Track

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter