• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Frozen Lunch Dining Package with Young Kids?

What is the recommended age range for the Frozen lunch package? We are going to be there the weekend after thanksgiving so we are considering the lunch option as a strategy to get good seats and maybe beat the crowds. I already booked a reservation but am debating cancelling it. We will be there with our 2 almost 3 year old (who loves Frozen) and 5 year old. I’m wondering if they are too young for a multi course meal in a fancy restaurant. And also the dining time (1230) and show time (3 pm) overlaps with normal nap time for our 2 year old.

The other option is to get in line for the noon show and eat lunch while in line and nap after the show. If we were to go that route, when to get in line?

Then I probably wouldn’t take them there if you don’t generally dine at sit down restaurants much at home. Mine at those ages in March didn’t do too good at blue bayou. even though we eat out a lot at home and they do great. I think it was all the overstimulation of being in the parks in general.

I’d recommend against it. We’ve done Carthay a couple of times for WoC packages and my kids were older and they got very antsy. My DD loves Frozen but was bored by the show when we did it when she was 4 or 5. She’s never asked to it again so we haven’t. I’d start first with the other shorter shows like the princess plays, those are fun.

...The other option is to get in line for the noon show and eat lunch while in line and nap after the show. If we were to go that route, when to get in line?
I've seen Frozen many times and done the Carthay Lunch package. This past June we had a toddler (1 1/2 year old) in the group, and she would need a nap in the early afternoon.

We went to noon show and she had a great time, stayed awake and interested for the entire hour long show.

My advice:
  • Skip the lunch package and go to the noon show
  • Line up as early as possible, and hour or even 90 minutes early
  • You entire group must enter the line together, but can get a pass to leave (food, restroom...)
  • Choose seats as close to the front as possible. The close up view of singing and dancing keeps young kids interested, even if it might not be the best overall view
Other notes:
  • Show is an hour -- long for kids
  • Drinks and snacks are allowed, there are vendors or bring your own
  • Have a restroom visit just before the show, there are no restrooms in the theatre

We did the package with my 6 year old niece and 9 year old non-verbal autistic nephew. For us it was totally worth it because my nephew would have never made it waiting in line to get into the show and it pretty much guaranteed a front row/aisle seat in case he got too worked up to stay through the show. My sister-in-law brought his iPad, so he had something to occupy him during the down times during lunch. My niece was over the moon excited. We were able to keep them both plenty entertained during lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter