• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Frozen Ever After LIVE reports!

I don't know. I think there's a little more to Frozen, especially since they added the scene at the beginning. With Maelstrom, you basically only had the Polar Bear and the oil derrick after the waterfall, two good set pieces, but there's really not much time left in the ride once you start forward again. I do still see some empty space that could have been better utilized on this upgrade.

I still think there was nothing wrong with Maelstrom that a 21st-century technological upgrade couldn't fix. Also, as popular as Frozen is, it should've had it's own building in Fantasyland and not shoehorned onto an existing track that limits what Imagineers could've done with the story.

Too true. The whole Frozen-being-Disney's-work-horse thing is making them make some questionable decisions. For example, opening up the Frozen ride before all the kinks were worked out...

queue! queue! queues!!! I just love all the queues at WDW. Does anyone know if the FEA queue where Oaken is in the sauna and peeking out, can that be seen and experienced from the fastpass lane?

queue! queue! queues!!! I just love all the queues at WDW. Does anyone know if the FEA queue where Oaken is in the sauna and peeking out, can that be seen and experienced from the fastpass lane?

Nope. Only as part of the standby queue. You might see a peak into it maybe.

Maybe Disney will offer an option for those that can't score FP+ for FEA. The capacity issue may result in FEA becoming a FP+ only ride. They could do a special morning event like the MK one. Exclusive access to FEA from 7:45 to 9;
breakfast @ Norway or Mexico(until 10); exclusive access to A & E Meet & Greet ; exclusive access to the Gran Fiesta; add an exclusive Donald M & G.
Then guests don.t have to wait a year or 2 for the FEA popularity to die down. They could pay something like $49.
Akerhus is more than that for breakfast, & PPO ADRs will be useless for FEA if standby is closed.

Maybe Disney will offer an option for those that can't score FP+ for FEA. The capacity issue may result in FEA becoming a FP+ only ride. They could do a special morning event like the MK one. Exclusive access to FEA from 7:45 to 9;
breakfast @ Norway or Mexico(until 10); exclusive access to A & E Meet & Greet ; exclusive access to the Gran Fiesta; add an exclusive Donald M & G.
Then guests don.t have to wait a year or 2 for the FEA popularity to die down. They could pay something like $49.
Akerhus is more than that for breakfast, & PPO ADRs will be useless for FEA if standby is closed.

AnnaKat from this post I'd say the only thing between you and an executive position with Disney is your price point which is entirely too low for this magical morning event.;) :earboy2:

If they do something like you suggest, I highly doubt it will be any less than the early morning magic event at MK (which I believe is $69.99/adult, $59.99/child). They definitely won't make it less than what Akershus is for breakfast. If they may FEA a FP+ only ride, the demand is going to be crazy high - higher than the demand for SDMT/PP/Winnie the Pooh in MK, and the price will most likely reflect that.

I just went on this today. We got to our FastPass+ time right when the ride reopened around 12:30pm (after being down for about an hour or two around 11am), and we were on the ride within about 10 minutes. We didn't have to wait at all in the outside sun thank god!

I must say, our entire family enjoyed the ride and it was very well done. It's essentially the same as Maelstrom in terms of the ride motion and "track", but it's a completely different experience. Very immersive and the animatronics were outstanding. There is more of a flow to it, where I felt like Maelstrom was just a bunch of scenes. You know on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train when you go in the cave and they are all singing and mining and its very beautiful and well done? That's what this ride feels like for most of it. I loved the part where you start going backwards and Elsa's magic kind of follows you back with wall projections and lights on the ceiling and singing.

Honestly, we all liked it better than Maelstrom (which we had been on numerous times previously). I think the only thing I truly miss is being able to relax on a bench in the Norway village at the very end.... that aspect is completely gone. You can't even hang out anywhere once you get off the ride (which loads/unloads in the exact same spot). Overall we were impressed and it beat my expectations.

Ethan

Reports are that it's down again, people have been evacuated and they are draining the ride From twitter
ClkSZgyXIAEeBxa.jpg

ClkNPDBWIAE2_j6.jpg

ClkSZg7WAAAEWkt.jpg
oh so magical

I do not recall a wheelchair accessible boat on Maelstrom and I doubt there is one on FEA either. Like POTC, FEA has a (small) drop so I am not sure that would be deemed safe. iasw is all flat water so the wheelchair can be loaded.

The safety announcement in the que says that people in wheelchairs must be able to transfer themselves in and out of the boat by themselves.

seems like the ride broke down less today. so that is encouraging for our Monday FP's.

Anyone else done a PPO Akershus breakfast yet with a report on how that worked out?

I did the breakfast this morning and walked into the frozen line as about the 14th person in standby. Reservation was for 8a and went in thru the international gateway. Security didn't let anyone they until about 8:05a but told us not to worry that Akershus would know why we are late. As if I cared about Akershus :)

They made us walk down via Mexico. Got in line at Akershus and was in the door around 8:20. We had time to eat but it was rushed. My daughter only got to meet with 3 princesses, but that really wasn't the point and she was okay with it. Just be aware to get in line for frozen before the herd arrives you need to be out the door by 8:50-8:55.

We left at about 8:45 to be safe. I had paid at the start of the meal to keep us from stressing or missing our time because the server was slammed. I wanted to make sure we were close enough to the front of the line to get on a boat before the ride broke down.

We were about 14-15th in line and got to watch the throngs of people marching in like an invading army from Rope Drop.

Ride opened about 20 minutes late but was a good ride and worth the breakfast (but not 3 hours of waiting).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter