Frozen Ever After LIVE reports!

I'll wait 5 hours for FEA
Or
Stitch

I straight don't care.
You're obviously not alone.
You wouldn't catch me dead waiting any longer than 45-60 minutes for any ride, but again, that's just me. I've got better things to do with my precious Disney time

I apologize if this is already addressed earlier in this post, but how long are people waiting in the fastpass line? I saw the comment that the line extended to China, and I am wondering what that translates into in terms of time spent waiting to ride the ride? Thanks!
I had a fast pass today at 1:00 pm and the ride went down several times. Disney came out with boxes of chips, popcorn and bottles of water and was passing it out to people in line. It took me 2 hours to get thru with a fastpass.

I had a fast pass today at 1:00 pm and the ride went down several times. Disney came out with boxes of chips, popcorn and bottles of water and was passing it out to people in line. It took me 2 hours to get thru with a fastpass.

2 hour wait WITH a fp? Ouch!

I watched a ride thru video and it looks pretty good IMO, much better than the Under the Sea ride. I would not wait 5 hours for it though, maybe 30-5 min tops. There aren't a lot of rides that are worth that kind of wait, I did wait a good 2 1/2 hours for TSM when it opened though.

If you do not have a FP for Frozen good luck getting on. We had a FP today at 2:55 and they were only allowing people with FP to ride there was no standby line. The FP line was 3/4 of the way to China. Disney had umbrelas set up every 15 people in line or so and four different stations for ice water to drink. They told us the FP line was about a two hour wait but I think we only waited an hour. Disney had numerous employees in formal clothes out assisting with the issue and answering any questions they had.

We came back by after eating dinner in Germany around 8 and they were still letting only FP on. I talked to several employees around the park today and many of them said that the ride still has some kinks in it but they decided to open it anyway.

My personal opinion the ride is cute and all but I don't think it would warrant a two hour wait. The ride seemed real short for me.

I've watched a few different videos to see different details and in 2 of them, the first Olaf animatronic is completely busted. It just stands there motionless. I thought it was like the old school dark rides at first. I finally did see a video where it's working and it was pretty impressive.

We loved the ride this morning - despite the first Olaf not functioning. Our fp+ was from 10am-11am. My grand plan was to do rope drop so we could do the meet & greet first then the ride. The meet & greet had no line, obviously everyone doing the ride this morning and there was a soft opening of the meet and greet last week. The meet and greet summerhouse was beautiful. We saw the sisters in less than 15 minutes in total (including the actual meet and greet times). Then we went back down to the innovations area to do other activities while waiting for fp+. Arrived back at FEA fp+ area around 10:45. Basically went right in maybe 5, 10 minutes max, to get on ride. At that point posted standby wait time was 240 minutes.

We were told by CMs that the queue for the standby was set up such that once you enter the building, there is a 90 min wait. So, if true, if there is a line out the building then you are looking at over a 90 minute wait.

Just to note a further complication to Disney's Epcot day besides all the FEA waits and temporary shut downs -- Soarin did not open until late/was shut down first thing in the am because they were experiencing technical difficulties there as well.

Last edited:
If you do not have a FP for Frozen good luck getting on. We had a FP today at 2:55 and they were only allowing people with FP to ride there was no standby line. The FP line was 3/4 of the way to China. Disney had umbrelas set up every 15 people in line or so and four different stations for ice water to drink. They told us the FP line was about a two hour wait but I think we only waited an hour. Disney had numerous employees in formal clothes out assisting with the issue and answering any questions they had.

We came back by after eating dinner in Germany around 8 and they were still letting only FP on. I talked to several employees around the park today and many of them said that the ride still has some kinks in it but they decided to open it anyway.

My personal opinion the ride is cute and all but I don't think it would warrant a two hour wait. The ride seemed real short for me.

Anybody else troubled by this? It is one thing to chalk up a humungous wait to the fact of Opening Day. But if the ride cannot even handle all of the FP capacity, that spells trouble. That is not an Opening Day issue, as I suspect that they did not distribute any more FPs than they would have on a normal day. I suppose it might be the case that the extraordinay Standby line caused downward pressure that made the FP line back up. But fairly early in the afternoon, they eliminated the Standby option and the FP line was still 1-2 hours long. Will your Magic Band even allow you through if you are that late for your arrival? And what happens with your other FPs for the day? Can you talk your way past the CMs guarding the FP posts by telling them that you are two hours late for your Nemo FP because you had to wait 1.5 hours to use your FEA FP? And the problem can't be blamed solely on operational stoppages throughout the day, because those are daily (or almost daily) occurrences at WDW. It's not as if one can say: "Once FEA no longer has stoppages, this will all clear up." Rides at WDW are never free of stoppages. And the total time of stoppage can't account for a 1.5 to 2 hour backup of FP users, can it? It may very well be that the old Maelstrom ridethrough capacity (which always sucked), plus FP+ (which allows for far greater FP distribution), plus the extraordinary popularity of this ride, might have combined to create Disney's first "FP Only" attraction.

My best guess is that many of the people waiting yesterday were AP holders or cast members. It's not really a big deal to wait 5 hours for a ride if you have unlimited chances to visit the parks.

I have unlimited chances to enter the park. It's still a huge deal to me to wait 5 hours in line. I have better things to do with my time. I also don't know any CMs that would wait that long.

Anybody else troubled by this? It is one thing to chalk up a humungous wait to the fact of Opening Day. But if the ride cannot even handle all of the FP capacity, that spells trouble. That is not an Opening Day issue, as I suspect that they did not distribute any more FPs than they would have on a normal day. I suppose it might be the case that the extraordinay Standby line caused downward pressure that made the FP line back up. But fairly early in the afternoon, they eliminated the Standby option and the FP line was still 1-2 hours long. Will your Magic Band even allow you through if you are that late for your arrival? And what happens with your other FPs for the day? Can you talk your way past the CMs guarding the FP posts by telling them that you are two hours late for your Nemo FP because you had to wait 1.5 hours to use your FEA FP? And the problem can't be blamed solely on operational stoppages throughout the day, because those are daily (or almost daily) occurrences at WDW. It's not as if one can say: "Once FEA no longer has stoppages, this will all clear up." Rides at WDW are never free of stoppages. And the total time of stoppage can't account for a 1.5 to 2 hour backup of FP users, can it? It may very well be that the old Maelstrom ridethrough capacity (which always sucked), plus FP+ (which allows for far greater FP distribution), plus the extraordinary popularity of this ride, might have combined to create Disney's first "FP Only" attraction.

I don't think it's an Opening Day issue either so much as it is an issue of the preplanning aspect of the FP+ system. With legacy FP, if a ride went down, FP distribution stopped until the ride was functioning again. With FP+, the full day's worth of FP+s are distributed (specifically for this ride, yesterday) well in advance of the actual day. Stopping the distribution while the ride is down would lessen the stress on the FP line when the line re-opened, as there would not be as many people who had FPs for times during the breakdown returning to use their FP. All of the FP+ for the day distributed in advance, combined with it being Opening Day and people wanting to ride the brand new attraction (and thus not likely to take their anytime FP and go use it elsewhere) - I think added up to one big line disaster for Disney. But with their FP+ system, I'm not sure how they can combat that effect with such a hugely popular ride like this will be for quite some time. The FP+s will continue to distribute fully before the day of...and people will still be clamoring to ride this for quite some time...and, as you said, it's not like the ride is going to somehow be 100% functioning all the time...no ride at Disney ever is.

The FP line would have been banked up 2 hours because the ride was down for at least 1.5 hours according to in park reports in this thread.

I have unlimited chances to enter the park. It's still a huge deal to me to wait 5 hours in line. I have better things to do with my time. I also don't know any CMs that would wait that long.

I was going off my own knowledge, which is that several of my friends (who are CMs) chose to go to the park and ride yesterday. I don't know that they waited 5 hours, but I honestly would have back when I was a CM, if I wasn't working that day.

The first week Gringotts opened, I waited 3.5 hours because I am a gigantic Harry Potter fan and wanted to be one of the first to experience the ride. I wouldn't wait for 45 minutes for TSMM on a normal day, but it's fun to be one of the first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter