Frozen Ever After LIVE reports!

Our 60 days comes open next week, so I'm reading this thread eagerly and plotting my plan of attack :rolleyes1

We rode twice opening week. Wed (with a flash), never got the pic. Thu (no flash), no pic (not surprising). Sat (flash) got the pic on Sunday but even at the camera center in Epcot they couldn't see it Sat evening. So they're taking awhile to show up from somewhere. I am missing some other pics and have been told there are some major problems with photopass right now. I've been on hold for about 15 minutes so far trying to see if they can help find some.

Can anyone tell me if FEA has a line of 90 mins and with Sorin usually being long also is Test Track doable now at Rope Drop and save FP+ for FEA? I just can't waste my FP+ on a dark ride if it is sacrificing Test Track to do so.

From what I have seen and read it seems like of the Tier 1 everyone is getting FP+ for either Frozen or Soarin' so it is causing the standby line/rope drop for Test Track to be fairly high

I think if you are willing to ride single rider planning to do that for Test Track is the best bet, then rope drop for Soarin' and FP+ for FAE if you want to get all 3 in 1 day

We did TT at rope drop last Wednesday (2nd day of FEA being open). TT had the smallest "crowd" that morning. They opened the gates of Epcot at 8:30 that morning and then did the internal rope drops a few minutes before 9:00. We were about 10 people back in the lines at the tapstyles. We casually walked towards TT and ended up right against the rope at that stop point. The vast majority of people were heading towards Frozen and the next largest group was heading towards Soarin'. TT had the smallest crowd. We spent a few hours at Epcot on our arrival day so we had FPs for Soarin' that day and then FP for FEA on our rope drop/long day at Epcot. We also rode TT standby with a 15 minute wait at about 8:30 on our arrival day. If you're not planning to watch Illuminations (or aren't concerned with getting the "perfect" viewing location), riding TT standby at the end of the day is another option.

That sounds like a good plan and I think I might try that because I am planning on all my FP+ to be evening time since we will be park hopping and will try to do stand by on all morning parks.

Has the extra theater helped the wait times on Sorin?

I feel they've helped greatly! There are still waits but not to the extent in the past. The current wait is 58 mins (posted 70 mins) which for a busy June day right before a long weekend I feel is good.

Had FP+ for TT yesterday. Went to EPCOT around 6PM.

Did Soarin SB for 50 min wait-turned out exactly 30 to board. Did get the new theatre which appeared identical. Great movie.

It appeared this was about a 15 minute wait to the merge line, then 15 more to board. Not the best use of a FP+.

Did TT FP+ around 6:45 (80 min SB), which still takes a while with the design etc.

Frozen said 120 minutes at 7:30, decided to wait. Took 60 minutes, still a lot but much better than 120. Luckily no breakdowns.

Appears they are boarding lighter weight to keep it working. We had a single rider in back (not a heavy man), a single rider in the 2nd row from the back (young gal maybe 110 pounds), then 4 of us in the front 2 rows all between 120 and 180.

It looked like the boat would hold 3 or 4 per row, but only 6 of us went.

Really liked the new changes, very well done and everything worked from what we could tell.

One thing we did not like. You wait a long time in a town area that is perfect to sell snacks and drinks (like US does)-would have enjoyed that.

By the way if interested, the night before we had FP+ for TSM and TOT-both went quickly and both were about 40 min SB, then waited in front for Star Wars fireworks-very well done. Really like the massive fireworks from before, but overall what a great show now.

True. I'm guessing we'll have to chow down our pricey princess breakfast, and get ourselves in the standby line no later than 8:50.
Two, my plan is to ask for our check as soon as we sit down and be out of there by 8:45! Hopefully my kids don't have their hearts set on meeting ALL the princesses! Lol!!
Yes, I will ask for the check ASAP! Oh my, this is getting intense. The night before, I will brief the family as to how our plan will go down... :hyper2: "okay people, if you want to ride FEA after breakfast listen up". My poor DH has no clue what he'll be walking into.
You guys certainly know your families and their priorities better than any of us. But just taking a step back - is introducing this much stress going to be worth it in the long run? The Akershus breakfast is a really special experience for princess fans. Cutting it short and/or rushing through the meal or skipping princesses could cause you to not enjoy FEA as much as you should, leaving you with two bad experiences back to back. Just a thought!

I got a live ride report for ya. I have been staring at Elsa's mug for the past 10 mins. We r full on stuck at the dip! We r getting walked off I think! Nice! Do I get a fast pass for this?

Edit: ya got a fast pass for today. Doesn't help though cause it's so freaking hot and we r leaving soon. On a side note. I would think of they r walking people off so often they would cover up some stuff or clean up a bit backstage. The paint cans and such are still just sitting around in the walkways. It was a mess back there! Lol

Last edited:
You guys certainly know your families and their priorities better than any of us. But just taking a step back - is introducing this much stress going to be worth it in the long run? The Akershus breakfast is a really special experience for princess fans. Cutting it short and/or rushing through the meal or skipping princesses could cause you to not enjoy FEA as much as you should, leaving you with two bad experiences back to back. Just a thought!

Appreciate your thoughts. This trip is a little different for us. We don't have any little princess fans with us this year, just a Star Wars fan, and we've got him covered with the SW dessert party. He is 9; that said, he's a willing participant in our crazy quick departure from the princess breakfast, and I'm sure he would love to escape before a princess leaves red lipstick on his cheek. :laughing: The whole FEA thing has turned into a personal Disney challenge for us, so we hope our strategy is successful!
If our circumstances were different, I would never attempt this. I guess I can mark this down as a crazy Disney fan moment!

I got a live ride report for ya. I have been staring at Elsa's mug for the past 10 mins. We r full on stuck at the dip! We r getting walked off I think! Nice! Do I get a fast pass for this?

Edit: ya got a fast pass for today. Doesn't help though cause it's so freaking hot and we r leaving soon. On a side note. I would think of they r walking people off so often they would cover up some stuff or clean up a bit backstage. The paint cans and such are still just sitting around in the walkways. It was a mess back there! Lol

UGH!

I'm so sorry. Ugh!

We rode Frozen just this past Tuesday morning. We arrived at 7:45 for an 8 am ADR at Arkeshus , planning to wait in line after breakfast, after reading a report from Kenny the Pirate we changed our ADR to 9:50, and waited for Epcot to open. It was a long wait , but definitely worth it. We were first in line, after entering the park we walked to the Mexican pavilion where we were held until about 8:45. There was quite a crowd at that time , we were through the ride by 9:15, met Anna and Elsa at there Summer House and were checking in for our breakfast by 9:40. At that time the CM had said the wait time was already at three hours ! I'm so glad I listened to the advice to rope drop Frozen ! The ride and the meet and greet were fabulous , theming is gorgeous , and we thoroughly enjoyed our "brunch" at Arkeshus
Hope you are all able to enjoy it as we were!

It's all good. I just think it's funny. We r actually back in line. We saw a bunch of characters out so did that and walked back the same way and it was back open so let's see what round 2 brings. I dont have any expectations though. It was pretty funny when we stopped. Elsa stopped singing and her arms moved a little every few seconds like she was trying to push us away without anyone noticing. It was pretty funny. It was like shoo fly shoo! Lol

Appreciate your thoughts. This trip is a little different for us. We don't have any little princess fans with us this year, just a Star Wars fan, and we've got him covered with the SW dessert party. He is 9; that said, he's a willing participant in our crazy quick departure from the princess breakfast, and I'm sure he would love to escape before a princess leaves red lipstick on his cheek. :laughing: The whole FEA thing has turned into a personal Disney challenge for us, so we hope our strategy is successful!
If our circumstances were different, I would never attempt this. I guess I can mark this down as a crazy Disney fan moment!
Agree - this trip is different for us too. And we've done Akershus (a few times, and CRT, too, so don't feel like we are "missing out"). But my kids really want to ride FEA and arriving at Epcot at 7 am to wait outside for 2 hours ain't happenin' with my crew! So it's worth it to us to rush through breakfast, if needed, to ride FEA. But I would never suggest this strategy to someone who had never done a princess meal!! It's actually our favorite princess dining experience. :)

As I predicted, stupid ride is down and we leave for the airport in an hour

We're here now. We have a FP from 1140am and the ride has been down.

On a good note - we were just able to meet Elsa and Anna with a 10 minute wait (don't even think we waited that long).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter