Frozen Dessert Party vs. Rose & Crown Dining Package: Is Either Worth it?

Arielfan98

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

I have a trip coming up in June and I'm sad to see Illuminations go because it's my favorite show. I was wondering for those who have done either the dessert party or dining package if they were worth it solely for the view of Illuminations? I'm not too huge on sweets, but I'm willing to pay for the party if it means a reserved premium view. I have also eaten at Rose and Crown in the past before they had a package and they let us stand on their private patio to see the show.
So here are my questions:

1) Which of the two offer the best view OR would you say it's best to find a good spot and stand there an hour before the show? (I would rather not stand an hour and just enjoy my last viewing of the show ever)
2) While food isn't a priority, I would appreciate your 2 cents on food ranking for both.

Thank you guys!!!

We’ve never waited more than 10 minutes to watch Illuminations and have always felt we had a good view, and we would just always walk up and find a random spot. There are so many places to watch from.
However.... this year we are doing the R&C Illuminations dinner. We chose that over the frozen dessert party because 1- we don’t care about riding fea and 2- we would rather have a real meal and unlimited adult beverages for about the same price as dessert.
Not sure about which area is better for viewing tho.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter