Frozen at DL???

Why do people try to buy these things at the parks? I've rarely been able to find what I want at the parks. Why not purchase these things ahead of time? Amazon, Disney store online , etc. Or are these things only in the parks? When I went to the Disney store at the mall they had the Anna dress , were getting an Elsa dress the next week, and had other stuff.

The parks oftentimes have their own version. Prior to last couple of weeks, i believe the coronation dress was a park exclusive. Ariel's teal dress also can't be found anywhere else.

The park exclusives are much nicer quality. I've never bought them, but they're much nicer than disneystore dresses. My kids just trash theirs so i usually buy them when the stores are clearing them out. I usually pay $30-40/dress...but I just shelled out $89 for the coronation dress this week. Something I said I would never do....and Ill probably do it again if I can snag an Elsa dress from a store!

I just bought DD an Anna dress from Disney Store during the 20% off sale a week ago. They didn't exclude Frozen during that. Disney Store gets in Elsa dresses periodically but they don't know what will be coming with their shipments. I prefer the Disney Parks dresses to Disney Store dresses, because they are a little higher quality, but none of them are worth paying $100+ for on eBay.
That's cool. I was told that by a Cast member. They periodically have a "spoiled princess" that they do not discount during sales of costumes etc. usually it's the opular princess at the time. Although generally if it's 20% off your whole order w the purchase of said merch, they don't do that. But I've fell victim to the spoiled princess caveat while looking at my dd's puppy dog eyes and gotten stuck paying the extra 20% lol

And yes, I totally agree that the BBB dresses are of a different quality. My cousin took her dd to BBB every year and got her the full package and the dresses were always spectacular. Def not the cheesy ones available at Halloween!

It's been 2-5hrs consistently at WDW/Epcot! My daughter is SO obsessed w Elsa. Idk if we will be able to get out of this even if we are only there for 2 days... Would we be in any better shape doing rope drop entrance and going right there?

We met them at Epcot - it was a 6 hour wait the first time we checked first time there. So next day we planned at Epcot was an EMH, so ds got in line at 8am and waited, trading with me, until 11. By 9:30 the line was for the 1ish time slot, and possibly 2 was what they were saying. This was a Tuesday in January!

Rope drop is really your best bet if it's anything like WDW. If you can manage to do it on a day with a later opening, even better. Only one person has to wait in line and can trade off, so that does help.

Just got back. Saw lots of Anna dolls and the 2nd day they had Elsa dolls as well (with magnetic hands so the doll plays let it go when you hold it's hands). Saw little Anna dolls, Olaf, Sven and Anna t-shirts for kids, frozen book and cd, a few anna and elsa pins.

We bought an Elsa dress for $20 at target last week. Not as nice as the Disney store dress but it was all we could find. Target, walmart and toys are us have some frozen items but often the Elsa stuff is sold out! Walmart does carry a talking olaf stuffie if they have any in stock.

We got in line at 9 am when the park opened and grandparents took the kids on the rides. Took us 2 hours and 20 minutes to meet Elsa and Anna. Olaf sleeping on the roof was cute and once the meet and greet opens he starts talking which was fun to watch.

The deluxe Anna coronation dress they had on Disneystore.com recently was GORGEOUS. Unfortunately, I understand they have all been recalled because of color run. :(

The deluxe Anna coronation dress they had on Disneystore.com recently was GORGEOUS. Unfortunately, I understand they have all been recalled because of color run. :(
Oh no! We just got one last week! How do we know if it has been recalled?

I bought my DD an Elsa or Anna barbie at Target for under $17 at Christmas. I thought that was a good deal. I should have bought 10. I only bought one extra for a bday present to have on hand!
I usually buy the dresses or there as well. She doesn't know the difference and they look just as lovely for traipsing around disneyland or taking photos with the princesses.
Sounds like they need to start the Meet and greet earlier. Those are some popular girls. Kinda glad we aren't going and I don't have to wait in those lines. We saw merida the day she arrived and waited 10 min. The next day we waited over an hr for Rapunzel in the sun. That was painful.

I bought my DD an Elsa or Anna barbie at Target for under $17 at Christmas. I thought that was a good deal. I should have bought 10. I only bought one extra for a bday present to have on hand!
I usually buy the dresses or there as well. She doesn't know the difference and they look just as lovely for traipsing around disneyland or taking photos with the princesses.
Sounds like they need to start the Meet and greet earlier. Those are some popular girls. Kinda glad we aren't going and I don't have to wait in those lines. We saw merida the day she arrived and waited 10 min. The next day we waited over an hr for Rapunzel in the sun. That was painful.

You can still find the barbie type dolls pretty easily. They're about $12.99 at Target.

You can still find the barbie type dolls pretty easily. They're about $12.99 at Target.

Depends which ones. Our Target is pretty picked over and has been for over a month now, so we don't have the regular Barbie styles on at all. However the ones with the button things on the hands that sing are now priced at $29.99 at Target - and they only have Anna right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter