• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Frontier out of Cleveland this summer

harleyquinn

<font color=red>Wishes she could take photos of th
Hello!
Can you all help me decide? I just discovered that Frontier is flying out of my airport this summer. The other airline prices have gotten insane as the biggest carrier(United) announced they were cutting flights.

The reviews for Frontier are pretty horrible across the board, especially since they were bought out.

Introductory fares are $69 each way for Economy nonstop (1 free carry on, $25 checked). The next lowest is Southwest at $176 with 1 stop.

If it was just myself and my husband, I would probably jump on it, but we'll have our 5 year old daughter with us.

There is no way we will spend more than $300 RT each, so it's either Frontier or driving over 2 days. WWYD?

FWIW, everyone I know that has flown it, has loved it! My husband has taken it to the west coast a few times and raves about the leg room. I know of a friend, who lives in CO, that flies it exclusively b/c she loves it so much. I wouldn't worry about it..

FWIW, everyone I know that has flown it, has loved it! My husband has taken it to the west coast a few times and raves about the leg room. I know of a friend, who lives in CO, that flies it exclusively b/c she loves it so much. I wouldn't worry about it..

Completely not what I expected to hear! I get that a lot of the complaints I see are from people who didn't book directly on their website and then were surprised to be charged for carry ons. And I'd hope they would be pretty good at customer service at least initially to make an impression...

I was looking at that today! Have never flown Frontier. We were thinking of a quick trip in May but service doesn't start until June:( May wait for fall price to come out. Or we may just drive....ugh. We do it all in one day:scared1:

I was looking at that today! Have never flown Frontier. We were thinking of a quick trip in May but service doesn't start until June:( May wait for fall price to come out. Or we may just drive....ugh. We do it all in one day:scared1:

We're going August 6-13, fare dates stop on the 10th. :headache: So I could buy the one way ticket now and cross my fingers, but hubby wouldn't approve. :)

You will also have to pay$69 for the fare, $15 a person each way to have seat together, $25 for one checked bag, the taxes of $15 per person each way you are actually paying $130 for the $69 flight.

$1.99 for drinks. so factor that in. Also keep in mind if there are any weather delays or mechanical problems with the plane you probably would not get on another plane for probably several days. Frontier only has a handful of planes that is why they only fly a few days a week.

The SWA price includes the tax & 2 free checked bags per person. If you need to change your travel dates or the price goes down on a SWA ticket you can change the tickets for free. Or get a refund in the form of a travel voucher if the price goes down.

Frontier just started flying out of Delaware last summer. Have flown them twice and have had no issues. Have another trip planned for next weekend!

I personally have not flown Frontier, but do have a flight booked with them this summer for a quick weekend get away for me and DH. I know several people that have flown Frontier and I've never heard one complaint. We got a great deal and only need to drive 15 minutes to our local airport vs. 90 minutes to BWI.

Hello!
Can you all help me decide? I just discovered that Frontier is flying out of my airport this summer. The other airline prices have gotten insane as the biggest carrier(United) announced they were cutting flights.

The reviews for Frontier are pretty horrible across the board, especially since they were bought out.

Introductory fares are $69 each way for Economy nonstop (1 free carry on, $25 checked). The next lowest is Southwest at $176 with 1 stop.

If it was just myself and my husband, I would probably jump on it, but we'll have our 5 year old daughter with us.

There is no way we will spend more than $300 RT each, so it's either Frontier or driving over 2 days. WWYD?

I just booked a return flight with them for our trip this summer for $68 per person. I would have booked RT but the times into MCO were not good for us. I went with Delta out of Hopkins for our flight down for $141 per person.

With the United hub leaving it was the best deal I could find. It was even better than Airtran out of Akron/Canton. It's our first time flying either airline, but it was the best deal after much research.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter