Frontier Airlines updates their change fee policy

loveswdw

DIS Veteran
Looking through an e-mail I received this week from Frontier Airlines and noticed a box that said NEW! $0 change policy! I clicked the box and it took me to Frontier change fee page. Here's what it says:
With fares as low as Frontier’s, we want to make sure making a change is affordable. If you want to book with confidence and pay no changes fees (or would like the ability to get a full refund) buy our discount bundle the WORKS at initial booking. With the WORKS, your entire purchase is refundable (including the cost of the WORKS), you get the best seat on the plane, one free checked bag and one free carry-on bag.

So it looks like you can now change your Frontier flight without a fee as long as your 60 days before travel without purchasing the Works.

I am not an expert on Frontier, but the way I read it is you get the zero fees only IF you buy the "works" package when you buy the ticket. If so, that has always been there when I have bought the package. I can't say for sure, but their cheap fares I would be surprised if they offered free changes if you only bought the ticket.

I don't think you have to buy the bundle. It's worded weird but if you look at the dates posted, this is a new policy. Plus, the post on their Facebook page doesn't say anything about having to buy a bundle. Just that it doesn't cost anything to change prior to 60 days out.

I think you are correct if it's more than 60 days out now you don't have to have The Works Bundle to avoid the change fee.

They also have always had an awesome policy in regards to cancellation/change for emergency reasons. They will waive the fee for various reasons such as illness. I got the flu once the day of our trip and had one leg with Frontier and one with AA. Frontier was awesome and issued me a credit and waived the fee immediately after I sent them a doctor's note, while I was out of luck on the AA ticket (although I later filed with my credit card coverage). I was able to rebook for a couple weeks later with only a small increase in ticket prices for that timeframe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter