Frontier Airlines expansion

Yea, saw they are coming to Buffalo on the news yesterday. We still need our return flight so I checked them out. Not impressed. Their Saturday price was over $200 plus seat & luggage fees. If I did the all in price, it would be over $310 for a flight that leaves Orlando at 10 am. That's the same price I could be paying for a SW flight at 9 pm. I'll still wait for SW to drop their price.

If I could fly on a Wednesday & pay $35 plus fees, maybe. Otherwise, nope.

Thank you! We have good fares for Easter break. Really appreciate it. Was looking at other airlines, including on the airline I travel almost exclusively and I didn't think we were going to be able to go since fares were so expensive.

MacArthur Airport on Long Island is 20 minutes from our house. Jumped right on that announcement of expanded routes for Long Island!! I booked yesterday for October to Tampa (was cheaper than MCO, and we actually prefer flying into TPA when going to WDW - and especially after they just announced the MCO tram work).

It was $34 each way!! Granted I elected to pay $15 for extra legroom (figured it was worth the extra $2) and to get aisle seats in the first 3 rows. And one checked bag between the 2 of us for $25. I figure this flight is 'my learning curve' and I can see just how much I can cram into a bag that fits under our the seat - so I can save the baggage fee next time! Those same flights on Southwest would have cost me almost $140 each way.

I think for Florida I still might stick to SWA since I can get deals (have $79 for September) sporadically still - and I'm hoping even more competition from Frontier at MacArthur brings the flights down more. I just love the flexibility in flight changes and price refunding SWA brings to the table.

But, I'm more excited for all of the new non-stop routes from LI on Frontier - New Orleans and Chicago for instance. Southwest has pared the non-stops out of LI to only 1 or 2 flights per day to a few Florida airports - they just kept slashing routes over the years.

I booked Tuesday too. Been obsessively checking flights and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw $20 one-way from San Francisco to MCO! Total all-in for the 4 of us with the seat fees and 1 checked bag (we travel light) came to $282. I would have been happy with that price for 1 person!

I was excited to see they are coming to Buffalo, that is until I got online and checked their prices. Round trip for us (family of 5) is about $3200! Do their prices fluctuate? Am I missing something? Like I said, I'm completely new to frontier.

I was excited to see they are coming to Buffalo, that is until I got online and checked their prices. Round trip for us (family of 5) is about $3200! Do their prices fluctuate? Am I missing something? Like I said, I'm completely new to frontier.

I know. I was surprised at the prices too. Looks like if you can fly midweek, they have much better prices. And the flight times aren't even very good. I was hoping if nothing else, it would prompt SW & JB to lower their prices a bit. And that hasn't happened yet either. :guilty:

Frontier seems to run A LOT of sales and promos. Generally, their prices get better the closer you are to your trip. Here's what they are running currently.

As you can see, you book by 7/21 and travel must be completed by 8/16. That's not a long window for a sale price. Most people I know have booked their flights WELL in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 9.42.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 9.42.50 AM.png
    276.2 KB · Views: 1
For the SFO-MCO $20 flights I bought, it's for October, so not really a busy time I don't think. It was available all days of the week for the week I was looking at. I think they only allocated 5 seats each flight at that price because after I booked our 4 seats and went back to look, it said only 1 left.

The flight to MCO is a red-eye, which I really didn't want, but I'll do it to save $700!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter