From Reality to Fantasy - May 26, 2012

I have been dreading getting started on the packing. I am trying to keep it light, but I know that is just going to be near impossible... Are you bringing the over the door organizer or an extension cord?

Hi. We're taking the Thurs 5/24 Alaska 8:45 flight. Had enough miles to get 3 free so only had to buy one. Going to POFQ till Sat then DCL transport to the boat. We are using our DVC points for a week at BLT after the cruise. Looking forward to meeting everybody at 3:00. 27 days till we leave.:banana:

Will you also be doing the Western Caribbean or are you on the Eastern? I'm sure the time will fly by and you'll be packing before you know it.

We are also Western!

Will we get a preview of your FE gift? We have participated in a FE on our past few cruises and we all love it. I'm always looking for new ideas!!

I have been dreading getting started on the packing. I am trying to keep it light, but I know that is just going to be near impossible... Are you bringing the over the door organizer or an extension cord?

Maybe to the over the door organizer. We have done fine without one on our past cruises, but since we have a smaller cabin this time we may pick one up in Orlando when we pick up the other bath items. It depends on the price. We will definitley bring a power strip though. There never seem to be enough outlets.

We are also Western!

Will we get a preview of your FE gift? We have participated in a FE on our past few cruises and we all love it. I'm always looking for new ideas!!

Sorry, no FE spoilers. Many of my fellow FE group are subscribing and I want to keep it a surprise.

Enjoyed your TR! We (all 12 of us!) are on the 5/26 Fantasy Cruise! Looking forward to running in to you!
:banana:

Pre-Trip

We have officially dipped below the 60 day countdown mark (Woohoo! :yay:) so I decided if I was going to write a pre-trip report I should get started. I had so much fun writing the trip report for our Alaska cruise on the Wonder last year I just had to do it again. This cruise will include the same cast of characters only a year older and to a new, more tropical location.

If you would like to read my Alaska TR you can find it here. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2707642 It is photo heavy and contains all the Daily Navigators and other informational papers and an entire meal section with photos of many of the dishes and menus.

What am I Forgetting?

Three days till travel day and counting. There are finally more crossed off items on my pre-trip To-Do list than unfinished. :woohoo: The packing has begun in earnest, and I have all my lists in order, but that feeling of dread I get before traveling is invading my every waking moment. (and occasionally my sleep too) It's like squirrels playing ping pong in my head. It's driving me crazy. :crazy: I am sure I'm going to forget something but I'm afraid to mention anything out loud or Murphy's Law is sure to intercede. :eek:

I've been walking around all week chanting the three important P's...Paperwork, Passports, Prescriptions... Paperwork, Passports, Prescriptions... I figure if I remember those important three I can purchase anything else.

I wish time would speed up again. It's been crawling at a snail's pace for about a month. I swear yesterday was 2 weeks long. Once I'm on my way I'll be able to relax, but until then the score is squirrels -1,000, me -bananas. :banana:

It's time to trade dreary and 55 for cheery and 85. :cool1: See you in 9 days with lots of photos and information about the Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean cruise. :woohoo:

I hope your cruise was wonderful...just waiting to hear the rest of your trip report.:thumbsup2

It's time to trade dreary and 55 for cheery and 85. :cool1: See you in 9 days with lots of photos and information about the Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean cruise. :woohoo:

Hey Dawn--we were also aboard with you and in the FE and PC exchange! Wish I'd known about your pretrip reports before, I would have chimed in before. Can't wait to read your trip report as well.

So enjoyed the trip and it has taken me what seems to be forever to get back into the semi-normal groove of everyday life!

Well after much photo downloading, filing, editing, naming and uploading I'm finally organized and ready to begin my trip report.

I don't know how to move my pre-trip report to the trip report area so I'm just going to start a new thread and insert a link. If you want to read my full trip report please click here. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45217628#post45217628

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter