• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From Orlando to NJ Questions

cdispoto

Earning My Ears
I'm driving round trip from NJ to WDW in a few weeks. I've got the trip down all mapped out, leaving in the evening, spending a night in Savannah, and heading to Disney the following day.

However, I am confound about the way home.

We check out of Disney on Saturday, January 13. We do not have park tickets for that day. So if we head home after check out, we are traveling during a heavy transit time on a Saturday. Assuming we get on the road after lunch (around 1 pm), where should we stop overnight?

Savannah is too close to Disney/far from home. Baltimore too far from Disney. Charleston too far off I-95. Seems like Fayetteville is the halfway point. Any advice?

When we lived in Staten Island (many years ago) and drove, Fayetteville was often our stopping point. We had an I-95 directory back then and knew what hotels were at the upcoming exits, helpful in the days before cell phones and the internet. You might make it into Virginia if you leave Orlando early enough.

I used to drive when going to WDW from the Philadelphia NJ suburbs. One trip we stopped at Dillion SC leaving around the same time you are thinking. We also stopped north of Fayetteville on 2 trips (once getting up to Roanoke Rapids NC) but we were on the road by 10:00am. Should add we liked to get off the road between 7:00 & 8:00 to have dinner and relax.

When we drove down from south central NJ we made a halfway stop in Lumberton, NC, just south of Fayetteville. We found a nice Best Western right off the exit. Walmart was right next door along with a number of other hotels and food places.

I am about an hour and ten minutes from the DE Memorial Bridge. We used to stop in southern VA (Emporia area) on the way home, but we were usually leaving WDW earlier than your expected 1 PM departure. Then one drive we were making good time so just kept going, and arrived home a little after midnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter