From Mickey Mouse to The Wildcats - Live Trip Report

Love the photo of the Swan fountain and Terror Towers :thumbsup2

My Dh loves Indianna Jones and always threatens to buy one of the hats. Luckily so far we have managed to put him off :rotfl:

Aww, it's lovely that Lily got such good CM interaction - I'm sure she felt very special :)

After breakfast came for my usual 'blog fix' from Matt and there isn't one. Hardly surprising since you will have moved property and no doubt managed to pack lots of other stuff into the day as well. I'm sure you'll appreciate the convenient parking at the new place even if you miss the luxury of your suite :goodvibes

Matt posted last night as usual. Direct link to yesterdays blog:thumbsup2 http://mathewgillings.wordpress.com/2013/08/10/day-9-shopping/

Matt posted last night as usual. Direct link to yesterdays blog:thumbsup2 http://mathewgillings.wordpress.com/2013/08/10/day-9-shopping/

My mistake. Poor Matt feeling under the weather. I admire your ability to stay with the van and luggage at Premium Outlets Mall in what I presume were very high temperatures. A real achievement - and to sleep too; impressive :thumbsup2 Even in January, my average for an Outlet Mall would be about 30 minutes tops :crazy2:

My mistake. Poor Matt feeling under the weather. I admire your ability to stay with the van and luggage at Premium Outlets Mall in what I presume were very high temperatures. A real achievement - and to sleep too; impressive :thumbsup2 Even in January, my average for an Outlet Mall would be about 30 minutes tops :crazy2:

You are a woman after my own heart - we visited the outlets once in July as DH needed some new trainers - went to the Nike store and were back in the car in 20 mins :)

How fab that Lily had such a lovely experience during the parade. :goodvibes

Friday was moving day. Time to leave the Swan for the Extended Stay America. We knew it was going to be a come down but wasn't sure how much, after a 2 bed suite costing over $500/nt to a £32/nt/room had to be a disappointment. In the end it wasn't too bad, ESA are suites not std rooms, parking is easier, internet better, breakfast included and very friendly staff.

Lunch was at Sweet Tomatoes again, first time for Lucy, paul & Lily, everyone enjoyed it. Next we went to Premium Outlets Idrive, I stayed in the car with the luggage while they all shopped, so hot i had to have aircon on the whole time, kept waking myself snoring :rotfl2:

After checking in to the new hotel we met CM friends and ate at Hash House a Go Go. A few months back I said I would probably never eat here and pay the prices, but as we were invited we decided to give it a go. Its been featured on Man v Food and the portions are huge but the food was quite tasteless, we don't usually use salt but the pasta dish needed something. Matt had the dish from Man v Food, massive but bulked out with biscuit & mash, nothing special. I probably chose the best dish which was a Mushroom & Swiss 1lb Burger, mine was quite tasty but still not as nice as others I have had this trip. I would be very surprised if this place is a hit, we were there peak times and it was over half empty.

Paul moving the luggage:rotfl2:

Hash House

A bit late for adding more pics but today was a great day. Just a little about our journey.
We set off to Cocoa Beach & Port Canaveral, going along the Beachline Express we noticed a police bike, then another, then I realised there was no traffic coming in the opposite direction. Every slip road was blocked, we kept seeing more and more police and the helicopter above, we decided it was someone really important or moving a very high risk prisoner. We then saw about 20-24 out riders followed by a motorcade of police, ambulances, more police etc, we estimated around 200 police officers, right in the middle of it all was the Presidents car. Turned out he was in Orlando giving a speach to injured Servicemen. We had timed it perfectly to see it all, unfortunately we were totally unprepared so all we got was a short movie clip(taken a few stills from it) and I got a long ranged pic of Airforce One at MCO.
No idea what the odds are of seeing the president but it made our day.

OMG!!! :eek:
look at all that luggage!!!

of course, who am i to talk - we're going to look like that in a few days!!
well, not on the way there, but certainly on the way back (i've ordered so much stuff on line that's now waiting for us it's insane...i even ordered new suitcases to take it all back in!! :eek:)

as for the president, yes, it's an impressive sight, but a major pain in the derriere.....why don't they fly him in a helicopter so that everyone on the road isn't delayed?...
we get blocked roads here all the time because they do the same darn thing even for secretary of state kerry, who shows up here every other day, closing the main road to jerusalem every single time coming to and from the airport...
have americans never heard of helicopters?????????????

anyway.....DH and i are now all packed and ready to go....DD and DSIL still have some packing to do....we leave tomorrow....woo hoo!!!

My daughter is a big fan of Man v Food but when I showed her Matt's blog pictures that put her right off! I'm guessing though when he eats at speed the taste is the last thing he is thinking about?

The Presidential cavalcade looked really interesting to see although not such fun I suppose if you were trying to head their way. I thought it was really nice when William and Kate with baby left the hospital that William jumped into the driving seat and drove them home himself, just like a normal Dad ;)

Went to hash house a go go in vegas last week and really enjoyed it. We went for brunch though and admittedly I just had scrambled eggs on toast so nothing too wild!

My bro in law had the man vs food challenge and loved it!

It was heaving in Vegas - 30 min wait for a table

A bit late for adding more pics but today was a great day. Just a little about our journey.
We set off to Cocoa Beach & Port Canaveral, going along the Beachline Express we noticed a police bike, then another, then I realised there was no traffic coming in the opposite direction. Every slip road was blocked, we kept seeing more and more police and the helicopter above, we decided it was someone really important or moving a very high risk prisoner. We then saw about 20-24 out riders followed by a motorcade of police, ambulances, more police etc, we estimated around 200 police officers, right in the middle of it all was the Presidents car. Turned out he was in Orlando giving a speach to injured Servicemen. We had timed it perfectly to see it all, unfortunately we were totally unprepared so all we got was a short movie clip(taken a few stills from it) and I got a long ranged pic of Airforce One at MCO.
No idea what the odds are of seeing the president but it made our day.

So cool! I would love to see that.

He was in town speaking at the Contemporary last year when we were staying at BLT but we didn't actually see him. We did feel the presence of the extra security though getting in and out the day before and the day he was there!

what an exciting day, we were chuffed to bits to see Airforce one at Miami airport a few years ago :)

The Presidential cavalcade looked really interesting to see although not such fun I suppose if you were trying to head their way. I thought it was really nice when William and Kate with baby left the hospital that William jumped into the driving seat and drove them home himself, just like a normal Dad ;)

i agree!!! i thought that was so refreshing!! :)

A day at Coco Beach sounds a great way to unwind away from the parks.

Interested in your thoughts on your new accomodation?

Whilst police/special services may not be outwardly visible, rest assured there would have been assigned keepers.
The Royal Family holiday in Deeside and go on candid walk abouts....oh really!
Grampian Police Force spent a considerable amount on this security.

we got caught up in a total stand still when the president was giving some speech at the GF one year. We were both on the monorail when they stopped all traffic when he was about to leave. The monorail stopped outside the GF station and we could see all his security staff complete with guns on top of the hotel and convention centre all on the look out. They weren't allowed to move the monorail until he had got in his car and gone! 20 mins we just sat there. Didn't even get to see his car:rolleyes2

We have a day planned at Cocoa, where do you normally park?

The last time we went a few years ago all I can remember is that it was some kind of park with access to the beach.

Glad you are all having a great time :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter