From CDG and back

They also have a (paid) service at the train station where you drop your luggage and they take it to your Disney Hotel. It also works in reverse. I can't think of the name, but know there is a service like that, so you don't necessarily have to walk with your luggage
Do you have to reserve it in advance?

We also used the service at the train station. Dropped of our luggage and they also give you your tickets and dining vouchers if you have booked those.
We really liked it bc it saved us a lot of time.
The walk through Disney village to Newport Bay was at least 10 Min and check-in lines tend to be slow there even in off season.
There was no line at the counter in the train station.
Our TGV was also late 1 hour. But I still like the train better. During rush hour the bus can take a lot longer. There are lot of terrorist warnings and checks going on nowadays. One day the train station was completely shut down for a security check for 3 hours. So we always plan ample time for transport

Do you have to reserve it in advance?
I think on the arrival you do have to reserve because they will have all your tickets and documents at the train station.

On departure, you don't have to reserve (but you can). A month ago it was 25 euros per room (not per person), so if you had a lot of bags and were going to visit the parks in the morning, I'd definitely consider that so you don't have to go back to your hotel and pick up the bags before going back to the train station. I glanced at the info they had on the TV about the procedures and I think you'd just bring your bags to drop off and can pay there.

Here is the info from the website: http://www.disneylandparis.com/en-us/guest-services/disneyland-express-luggage-service/

We used the express TGV on our recent trip. We were very happy with it, although it's obviously pretty expensive. But, not too badly priced compared to the regular train or shuttle bus which could take a lot longer.

The only ... negative is that the train is NOT designed to be an airport train. The "luggage" rack is extremely small and filled up pretty much immediately. That meant there was nowhere for us to put our luggage and we ended up standing in the doorway both trips with our luggage. And even though it is assigned seating, it seems to be a free-for-all. I offered to mind our bags while my husband sat down, but people were in our seats anyway (and in most of the other seats). Still, it's a very short trip (i.e. 9 minutes) so it's not a major issue. Just a little odd that an airport train isn't better designed to accommodate the expected amounts of luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter