From AKL to ASSp - the TR also known as "Did we just become Deluxe snobs?" *UPDATED 6/11*

A Pit-Stop To Refuel

Even if we don't make it to Galactic Hero status this time...IT'S OK.

upload_2016-6-11_9-33-6.jpeg

Red card status 4 lyfe.

When you look at your credit card statement after a Disney trip...

upload_2016-6-11_9-35-23.jpeg

I can't find our Photopass pictures from this Galactic Hero attempt but we failed.

upload_2016-6-11_9-42-2.jpeg

We were close though! Grrrr...we have a few things we NEED to accomplish on our Disney trips. One is being the rebel spy and one is becoming a Galactic Hero...we'll just have to keep on keepin' on...

At this point, we tried yet again for that Save the Date picture...

There are so many of these attempts that I don't even know which one was from this particular attempt but let's just say it failed again. We were REALLY confused as to why this was such a difficult task to accomplish! Would we ever get this picture?!

We headed towards the exit of the park but not to leave for the evening! We were heading to a meal I LOVED on our January trip...

As we headed out, we watched the flag retreat which was very cool to see. They move everyone off Main St as the Veteran walks down. In my notes I have written "I got emotional, what else is new?" :rotfl2:

We hopped on the monorail and...proceeded to get stuck.

Might as well take a castle pic.

upload_2016-6-11_9-45-42.jpeg

When we finally got moving again we were headed to...

upload_2016-6-11_9-46-37.jpeg

And then to...

upload_2016-6-11_9-47-7.jpeg

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

I LOVE Ohana. Joe likes it too but he could definitely skip it. I on the other hand would not mind Ohana-ing for every Disney meal.

We didn't have too long of a wait once we checked in, about ten minutes or so. Not too bad compared to some of the stories I've heard :scared1:.

In my notes I have "paced ourselves" at this meal :laughing:. I think we learned a lesson from our January Ohana visit.

First up...

upload_2016-6-11_9-49-1.jpeg

Some wonderful Pineapple Coconut Bread...

Followed shortly by some...

upload_2016-6-11_9-50-1.jpeg

AWESOME salad.

And up next was my absolute FAVORITE food item at Ohana and one of my favorite foods in all of Disney...

upload_2016-6-11_9-50-42.jpeg

The Dumplings. The Amazing Dumplings.

Why am I writing this as I wait for Joe to wake up to eat breakfast?...*drool*.

Then we were brought...

upload_2016-6-11_9-51-52.jpeg

Noodles...which are probably my second favorite Ohana item...and some vegetables.

And then I stopped taking pictures as we gouged on our shrimp, chicken, and steak. :laughing:.

So good. So so good. The dipping sauces they bring you...I'll just have a glass of each please.

Last edited:
I'm On A Disney Boat

I did manage to snag a couple castle pics, of course.

upload_2016-6-11_9-56-16.jpeg

upload_2016-6-11_9-56-37.jpeg

Can't get over that view. Or this one...

upload_2016-6-11_9-57-15.jpeg

SO GOOD. Just LOVE this meal. SO much.

After we stuffed ourselves, we took the boat back to MK. This was very relaxing and quite different than our boat ride experience to Wilderness Lodge in January...

http://disboards.com/threads/see-wh...-completed-10-9.3371385/page-14#post-54267366

upload_2016-6-11_10-2-4.jpeg

upload_2016-6-11_10-3-3.jpeg

upload_2016-6-11_10-3-28.jpeg

Oh GFlo :love:

upload_2016-6-11_10-4-9.jpeg

And we're back!

I think the boats are my favorite type of Disney transportation. I love me some monorail but they seem to get stuck so much and the boats are just more relaxing to me! I sure wouldn't mind a Disney boat ride right now.

Alright I'm going to have to sign off now...Joe just woke up and I'm going to try to get him to make me breakfast...let's see if this works.

Have a WONDERFUL weekend everyone :flower::cutie::sunny:!!!

Last edited:
Nice update! I too am excited about BOG and your Ohana pics are making me soooooooooooo hungry. Glad the weather finally decided on a season (sorta) here in the Mitt.

OH HOW FUN!!! What's your plan for that day? I'm trying to figure it all out. We'll be in Epcot in the morning and probably heading over to MK around 3ish, checking out the GFlo Christmas decorations and then to MK for dinner! I have no idea how we'll attack the actual party - there's so much to do!

I LOVE that your DH randomly starts singing Wishes :rotfl2:!!! That's how you know you've found a good one :love:

We're going to HS that morning and then hopefully (fingers crossed) going to the MK around 3 or 4.

When you look at your credit card statement after a Disney trip...

upload_2016-6-11_9-35-23-jpeg.174786

giphy.gif

So true :rotfl2:

Love the updates ... so much fun stuff going on!

I love the evolution of Joe's faces on the TTA. Hysterical.

Also ... I'm kinda with you on the boats. I actually like the monorail, but the boats are pretty awesome.

Been lurking for awhile and just wanted to pop in and say hello! I've been enjoying your trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter