Frogmommy's "Time for a change" thread - comments welcome

Hi there,

So sorry to hear that you broke your toe!! That is no fun. Take it easy while working out....don't want to cause it to take longer to heal.
Your crepes sound really good...I may have to try those. I am always looking for new things to try!

You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!!!

Hi all-

Today I weighed in at 173!!!! :woohoo: That's a loss of 2 lbs. Frankly I wasn't expecting it because I was at 175 every other day, but I'll take it!!

I finally got in all my exersize for the week today, and that was by doing a 75 minute session. Had to be done though. I hate it when I miss a workout and don't make it up. Now if I could only approach snacking with the same discipline. :rolleyes1

We are 20 days out to Disney. I'm trying not to think about it. It makes me :hyper: and :crazy: I have already filled up the kids backpacks with enough new toys and activities to last them till Christmas. I'm trying to get some of that kind of stuff out of the way so I won't have anything to obsess about (yeah, right). I also bought a new bathing suit and some shorts for myself. This will be the first time in I don't know how long that I will go swimming without feeling like everyone in the pool is staring at the gross fat chick. It's a relief.

Hi Jamie- My toe is still a little sore, but not so much when I workout. I think that's because I hurt my little toe and when I work out it's mainly the ball of my foot that is absorbing all the presure. I just hope it feels better for the trip.
The crepes are a recipe that my mom made up (or that's what she says anyway, lol). I took the sausage and onions and mixed them together with 1/2 cup cream cheese (Light!!!) I served them with applesauce. DH and the kids put syrup on theirs. They were good but REALLY rich. It's not something I'd serve everyday - in fact it's the only time I've ever made it. I planned it for Fat Tuesday instead of pancakes, but had to put it off since we all had a bit of that bug.

Hey Jen! I was sooo excited to find that tray for DS. I think the sales lady thought I was a little nuts. :teeth: Thanks for stopping by!!

Congrats on the weightloss!!! :banana: You'll be in great shape for your Disney trip. Have fun - wish it were me! Take care of your toes - the walking can be brutal there.

Hi Jane- TY TY!!

I am paying attention to my toes. If the pain doesn't go away soon I guess I'll have to visit the dr. Grrr.

So today has been kind of a yucky day. I got a letter in the mail from our state teacher certification office saying I didn't have enough credits to renew my certificate (which expires in June). It turns out that they have no record of some course work I took in 2004!! Grrr. The thing is, as of January it was showing up on the website but they have switched over to a new system and now it's no longer there. The person I talked to said that no information was lost in the process. I beg to differ!!!! :furious: This office is notoruous for losing things. AUGH
Not that any of this matters. I still haven't heard anything about the job I interviewed for. I went up to the district office today to turn in some forms (for something unrelated). When I was there I ran into one of the ladies that interviewed me. She just kind of looked at me, like why are you here. *sigh* Maybe I'm just reading that into it. I wish they would just tell me if they aren't interested so I could explore other possibilities.
And I've been pigging out today. Baked lays and such, but still pigging out. I just can't seem to get the snacking down.

Ok, tomorrow will be better. And at least I got in my cardio.

Hi Heather! :wave2: I FINALLY got caught up with your journal! I am so sorry to hear about your toe. I broke mine before and it took WEEKS to stop hurting. I'm sure yours will be better before your trip! :wizard: pixiedust: :tink:

Don't let the stress get to you. That stress eating will kill you every time. Congrats on losing 2 more lbs! You are doing GREAT! :thumbsup2

Hi, Heather!!

Hope you're having a great week.

Take care of the toe ;)

So I have been CRAZY hyper the last few days, unable to focus, bouncing off the walls. I'm attributing it to Disneymania but truthfully I just don't know what my deal is. I did my strength training workout today and zipped through my triceps and back reps before finally slowing down. It's weird but I was thankful for my workout today - just to have a place to chanel all that energy.

And now a rant: I've been on the DIS for as long as I've known about this upcoming trip - I guess sometime in September. My father and his wife live in Fl, so we invited them to join us for the trip. He seldom sees us or his grandkids because of scheduling issues - his not ours. All along I have told him it's ok if he doesn't want to meet us - Disney is not really his thing - but to please just let us know so we can plan. Well, here we are 16 days out and no word despite repeated requests. I finally got an email from his wife today appologizing for his lack of communication but still no answer. Grrrr. She did hint however that Dad was now considering not coming up for the kids birthdays in May as well. I am beyond having any kind of expectations of him for myself (and thus should have never invited him) but my kids aren't that jaded - and shouldn't be.

Ok, rant is over now that I've given myself a headache.

Food Tuesday and today was good - stayed right at 24 pts. Yesterday I went a little munchy though. I've been getting in my workouts - 30 minutes yesterday and 45 today.

Hi Amy! I'm trying not to let the stress get to me and sabotage my efforts. It's hard right now. The toe has felt better today at least. :)

Hi Julie! My toe was bothering me on Tuesday so I tried to stay off of it most of the day (thus no workout) and it seemed to work. TY for stopping by!!

What a bummer that your dad is not more involved with the grandkids. I only get to see my dad 2-3x per year (since he lives in MI and we live in AZ) but we cherish that time together. If I were you, I'd just plan on him not going to Disney and if he shows up, fine. Don't worry yourself about it - it is something you can't control.

Hang in there! Glad to hear that toe is feeling better. :goodvibes

Hi all-

Weigh in today - no change to report. TOM was last week and that never helps.
Diet was good today and I worked out 45 minutes doing strength training. I've spent the day cleaning house for a playgroup tomorrow. My one friend thinks I'm insane - I'm having all these kids over who will likely trash the place and I'm cleaning, lol. Yeah, it least it will be sanitary when they get here!
Well I finally heard from Dad today. I think an email to his wife got the ball rolling. Anyway, they are coming up from Miami to see us at WDW the day we get there and will stay just the one night. It actually works out very well because they can help me in the MK with the kids while DH is busy with the band (he has 2 groups that will perform there that day). So now I'm obsessing about where to eat Sat. night. Originally we were just going to hang out at the hotel (ASMo) but now I don't know - and it's just 12 days away!!! AKKK!!

Hi Amy, ty for letting me rant on about Dad. He moved away from here a few years ago for a more prestigeous job, but even when we lived 20 minutes from each other we didn't see him much unless I made the effort. I would like for my kids to have some kind of relationship with him but there's only so much I can do, KWIM? I am glad he's decided to come though. I hope he has fun with us.

It's late, I need to try to get some sleep. :wave2:

I'm glad to hear you get to spend at least one fun day with your dad! Don't sweat the small stuff (like where to eat). That is something that can be decided at the last minute, while you are there! You are going to have a blast! :banana:

That scale will get moving again. :wizard:

Hi, Heather! Hope you're having a good week! Almost the weekend again! Yeah!!!

Hi all-

So I'm all caught up in Disneymania. As right now it's 6 days, 19 hours, 11 minutes and 37 seconds till we roll up at the ASMos. This next week is going to draaaaaaaaaaaaag.

I haven't been doing that great with the snacking lately. It's all stress eating, and mostly all carb snacking. It makes me feel yucky but yet I still do it. It's not as though I don't know why....still no word on the job, had to sign a contract for DDs childcare next year, signed DS up for kindergarten....the Disney stuff is icing on the cake - which I would stuff my face with if there was any on hand. The only good thing is that I am still getting all my workouts in. The bad thing is that it's not enough to lose more than 1 lb for the month of March. I've decided not to do the April weight loss challenge. With Disney and Easter and everything else going on there's no way I'll make 5. I still have 3 to go on the Easter challenge and frankly I think I'll be really lucky to make that, especially considering our trip next week. I'm not giving up by any means. One good thing about all this though - when I do finally make my goal I'll be a pro at maitenance!

So anyhow, now I'm going to read and obsess some more about the trip. My current worry is whether or not I should get an autograph book (because right now I'm not sure DS even knows what that is, and do I really want to tell him??) and if I do, will my pen be fat enough?? LOL, AUGH.

Oh...Dad and his wife booked a room at CS, so I decided to get ADRs for Maya Grill. I've never been to the resort and I wanna take a look around. ;) Plus I figure it will be one of the more laid back places we can go on a busy Saturday night in April. If it's too hoity toity for the kids we'll just head on to Pepper Market - no biggie to me.

You are so close to the trip. I hope you have an absolutely FABULOUS time!! I am JEALOUS and won't lie. We are still hoping for a Disney trip this year but my chances are getting slimmer. Oh well there's always next year!!

The week before my cruise I was pretty worthless at work... It's just so exciting! You guys are going to have a blast!

Is there anyone to share your meals with? I always have a really hard time leaving food on my plate (I just feel bad wasting it), but lately DH and I have been splitting dinners when we go out. And we are always so happy that we are not busting at the seams when we leave the restaurant...

Try to get that snacking under control - you can do it! :cheer2:

Hi all-

Wow, today was beautiful here. Ahhh, Spring is wonderful.

Today we went over to Mom's for an early Easter get-together since she is going out of town again. It was very nice, but at the end of the meal she tells me, oh by the way this meal was very fattening. Thanks Mom!! LOL, it was shrimp so I felt safe. Oh well. :rolleyes:

After brunch we went to DS's soccer game. It was a great day for it but boy we are not used to nice weather I guess. We all crashed when we got home. DH was in hog heaven though, getting to nap while he watched golf. Life is good!

I had planned to do a bit of cardio today since I skipped it yesterday (had to make an unplanned visit to a vision center to get my glasses restrung). Nope, I too napped - golf has that affect on me. However I did manage to get about 15 minutes of strength training in that I skipped last week.

Beth, I hope you can go to WDW this year. Can you take advantage of the free dining in August? I think I remember that you teach, but I'm not sure when you have to get back.

Hi Amy- I'm just trying to get through the week at this point. We are down to 5 days, 19 hours, 49 minutes, and 25 seconds! :Pinkbounc DH, DS, and I all have our meals paid for, but DD is under 3. I will most likely be sharing meals with her instead of buying additional food (which she would just pick at anyway).

Good Morning,

OMGoodness....your trip is so close!!! I bet you are so excited!!!!! I am excited for you!

Keep up the good work! Happy Monday

Hi everyone-

Well in exactly 18 hours, 47 minutes and 20 seconds we will be in the parking lot of the All Star Movies. I'm soooo ready!!! I've been a total mess this week as a result. I have managed to get most of my workouts in but the diet has been lackluster at best. Around Tuesday I resigned myself to not losing any more weight before the trip and I've been off pretty much since then. Still no word on the job thing though the positions are no longer being listed as open. This may be because they've been filled, or this may be because the time for applications is closed. No one is saying. Apparently there's been a lot of transfering of teachers and classes going on that has to be be settled before they can deal with new hires. :confused3 I've resolved not to worry about it until I get back, but once I get back I'm just going to move on with things and start looking at other possibilites for jobs. I can't wait forever, you know? I think this will also help me a lot in getting my diet back on track. Taking a job in a district further away isn't the ideal situation, but at least it will be settled!

We are mostly packed at this point. Overpacked, really. It's hard to know what to pack when you have little kids. I need to check TourguideMike one last time to make sure there aren't any last minute changes to the game plan. I'm a little worried about AK the day we're going. EE has it's official opening this weekend and I'm wondering how that's going to affect things.

Hi Jamie - Ty for stoppin by!!

Have a wonderful week everyone! I'll see you when I get back. :wave2:

Have GREAT trip! Enjoy yourself and don't worry about your diet until you get back! :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :yay: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter