• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Frogg toggs cooling pads???

phdhycster

Mouseketeer
do they work? Going in August and want to know if it is worth it to purchase before going. Any other suggestions to keep cool in the extra warm summer months? Haven't been to WDWin the summer in a long time.

I don't have the frogg toggs ones but I do have the ones they sell at Lowes. They work very well actually. The small ones run about $13 and last for 3-4 hours before they need to be rewetted. They're not super cold like an ice pack but they do keep the summer heat from being so brutal. My only suggestion though would be to rewet them with the coldest water you can find otherwise they heat up very fast.

LOL! I've never heard of these, but after looking them up I think those are the exact same thing I used when I was a competitive diver...we called them shammies and used them to dry off quickly.

We have some from when they first came out and they do work and they stay cool for a decent amount of time. The nice thing about those that all you need is cold running water. Unlike the ones that need to be soaked for 10 mins and you can wrap them around your neck, the Frogg Toggs just need cold water. You can go into any rest room and wet the cloth again when it gets warm.

We have some from when they first came out and they do work and they stay cool for a decent amount of time. The nice thing about those that all you need is cold running water. Unlike the ones that need to be soaked for 10 mins and you can wrap them around your neck, the Frogg Toggs just need cold water. You can go into any rest room and wet the cloth again when it gets warm.

You don't even need the water to be that cold; it's the evaporation that makes it feel chilly on your skin, so even some of the warmer water faucets/fountains in WDW make it feel nice and cool :)

I just bought these yesterday at Walmart for $12.88 each(near the camping stuff)
I wet one at noon yesterday and over half of it is still cool! Only the ends are drying .
I am totally shocked how well these work :) Plus you can cut one in half if you don;t want to buy as many. Plus you can even use them with hot water and they still work and get cool.
they are not shammy material, they are rubbery feeling.

My son uses his for baseball season. He is a catcher and last week it was in the 90's where we live. Great for him to cool down between innings. I would think they would work great in the parks when hot as well

Another similar product is Xtreme Cooling Towels. They come 2 to a pack and you can get them on sale for $10. The size is a little different that Frogg's These are 16.5" X 24". They can be cut into other sizes. They work amazingly well! I take one when we bike and it stays cool almost all afternoon in our FL heat. Wet in any temp water and wring out. Feels dry to the skin.

A little awkward when dry because it gets hard and stiff, but you don't have to worry about mildew. Wash in the machine with all your other clothes.

My son uses his for baseball season. He is a catcher and last week it was in the 90's where we live. Great for him to cool down between innings. I would think they would work great in the parks when hot as well

Hadn't thought of this...thanks for the idea! :thumbsup2My son is a catcher as well and was extremely hot at this weekends tournament. Gonna get some for Disney and for baseball.

I've never used them, but I got a pack of these from BJ's for my Disney trip this summer! We'll probably try them out on a hot day before we leave. It's true that they can be cut without rendering them useless, correct? I could only find the large size, and we want to cut them into smaller strips.

I've never used them, but I got a pack of these from BJ's for my Disney trip this summer! We'll probably try them out on a hot day before we leave. It's true that they can be cut without rendering them useless, correct? I could only find the large size, and we want to cut them into smaller strips.

#1 They work great even in 90 degree heat
#2 yes you can cut them into any shape or size

Hope this helps! We use them a lot!

#1 They work great even in 90 degree heat
#2 yes you can cut them into any shape or size

Hope this helps! We use them a lot!

Perfect!! Thanks! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to try them out! They'll certainly be easier to carry than those huge waterbottle-fan things

I've never used them, but have seen people using them in the parks, and wetting them in the ice containers that hold bottled drinks and spray bottles. It really grossed us out watching them, since I'm sure they absorb some of the sweat that's around your neck. I'm sure they are great, but please wet them in the sink!

Haven't tried them myself yet but have heard good things about Cool Snap. You can even activate them in warm water.

I've never used them, but have seen people using them in the parks, and wetting them in the ice containers that hold bottled drinks and spray bottles. It really grossed us out watching them, since I'm sure they absorb some of the sweat that's around your neck. I'm sure they are great, but please wet them in the sink!

ugh, some people are disgusting :sad2:

Can you tell me where in BJs you found these? I would love to get some for our August trip.

Can you tell me where in BJs you found these? I would love to get some for our August trip.

At ours they weren't down a specific aisle, they were near the summer/pool things that are in the center of the store, across the main aisle from the pool coverups. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter